IE 7 Beta RELEASED!

the IE 7 beta 2 preview UI is not the finale UI i just watched the channel 9 video wher they siad it is not the finale ther is still some tweaking to do . and also as far as i knwo ya cna get the file edit tools and sutch back.

Rclick a toolbar -> tick classic menu

and still no xp64 version

For those that want to try IE7 on x64............... :)

* Extract IE7B2P-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe to a temporary folder.

* Working within' the extracted directory, delete the following:

o update\

o install.ins

o spmsg.dll

o spuninst.exe

o spupdsvc.exe

* Create a blank text file within' the directory and rename it to iexplore.exe.local.

* Move the directory to a location in which you want to store the now standalone version of Internet Explorer 7 Preview (eg. X\IE7 BETA2).

* Execute iexplore.exe.

Works great! :D :yes:

First thing I did was disable the stupid tabs.

so you like 15 minimized windows on your taskbar? For me IE7 is way faster then firefox and faster then opera. Unfortunately there isnt a bookmark bar or a zoom function, so back to opera I go

the IE 7 beta 2 preview UI is not the finale UI i just watched the channel 9 video wher they said it is not the finale ther is still some tweaking to do . and also as far as i know ya can get the file edit tools and such back.

Rclick a toolbar -> tick classic menu

or u can just show/hide it by pressing Ctrl + Alt ..

there is no download manager available yet for any of the builds (with this I mean, the XP build and the one included with the latest Vista build).

... and I don't know what the hell is Microsoft doing about this....

so you like 15 minimized windows on your taskbar? For me IE7 is way faster then firefox and faster then opera. Unfortunately there isnt a bookmark bar or a zoom function, so back to opera I go

There is a zoom function at the bottom right of the window. It's a magnifying glass.

The bookmark bar is the star button to the left of the tab bar.

Mine was working fine after reboot so maybe...

Overall, I like it but it does render some webpages incorrectly for example MSN.co.uk on my one its a tad all over the place, its good and seems to work well just a tad hard trying to get used to it. ;)

First thing I did was disable the stupid tabs.

Me too, tabs suck.

Seems like most people upgrade to IE 7 cuz it has tabs, although IE 6 could have had tabs all along too.

Ehh IE7 seems kinda dull to me... its not integrated to the xp UI as it is integrated more to the vista UI.

Its still ok... I will use it within Vista for sure but I dont know about XP...