[Beta 1] Gui.Air

No, he never made such statements, in fact if you follow the thread he is still working on the theme and will be done shortly. Its the severe lack of progress that have some people doubting him.

Only time will tell whats going on with this theme, its not like its going to be vaporware, as he as already released a working beta of the theme. There is no reason for him not to complete it (other then him just not being happy with the design :/), it just might take a while due to personal affairs.

b0se, maybe you could give us a little more insight? A few months? Sometime this month? I know you don't owe me or anybody else anything, including a final version of the theme, but people like me would be better off if we didn't visit this thread every day in hopes of finding something new.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/36522069/

Part 1 of the upcoming GUI Set, Air is bright, colourful and ergonomically sexy.

A beta was released months ago, but the project had to be put on the back burner (much to the dismay/anger of many Neowinians) due to a job move. The final version will be out within 4 weeks, which will have a few colour schemes - time permitting.

The second GUI theme - Gui.Unnamed - is 75% finished, and will be released a month or so after Gui.Air. Keep your eyes peeled for a sneak preview.

b0se

I just saw that also :)

I can't wait!!

Same here, I can't wait...However, the thing that always worries me is when b0se uses the words, "time permitting" or "month or so" (which is of course understandable, but still). :blush: ;) :)

But here's to it's release!! :fun:

That is good news, glad to hear he is still working on it. I hope that he hasn't stopped posting here because of the recent problems in this thread...

Great to see he's continuing the project. Shame on everyone, though, that gets mad because they expect him to drop everything to put out something for free. You get what you pay for. Hell, in the end, with b0se, you always wind up getting a lot more than you could ever pay for in a theme.

Great to see he's continuing the project. Shame on everyone, though, that gets mad because they expect him to drop everything to put out something for free. You get what you pay for. Hell, in the end, with b0se, you always wind up getting a lot more than you could ever pay for in a theme.

Well said.

probably already asked, but is there a more minimized version arriving? maybe something without the text next to the control panel and such where its just the icons?

bug report:

IE 7 toobar button get offset to right some pixels when this beta1 style applied.

Gui.Air1_offset.PNG

it seems caused by contentmargins in Toolbar.Button section.

Edited by azsd

Just thought I would report a possible bug. I am a great fan of XMPC and I guess gui.air has some elements of it in, as I suffer exactly the same problem with gui.air as I do with XMPC, concerning menu icons that are being cut off.

foxitjc2.gif

Yes this a screenshot of XMPC, but here is one of gui.air:

guiairiconsqz4.png

You can see it's the same problem. I guess if it's fixed in gui.air then the same patch could be applied to XMPC (which would make me very happy!).

@the lost

It looks like the toolbar is unlocked in the "foxit reader pro" program. Maybe you can drag the toolbar to the right? It also looks like you use StyleXP. Some VS have problem running under StyleXP. I suggest (if you feel ok doing it) using the UXTheme.dll Patch program. You can find here.

@the lost

you can changed two visual style then logout and relogin,

If the clipping buggy disappeared once,

It may caused by you foxit app or the below behavor of Windows:

If you switch between visualstyles on by one, Windows may use some reserve prevours attrib when the current style leave some fields blank for system to choice.

• 4 weeks later...

Hope things are going OK with this project still b0se. Rock on and hopefully we'll get an update from you soon! :)

Hope you are doing good. Rock On Sir.

hehe, i think we're a little past 4 weeks now :( i been checking these forums and his site daily for it lol :p seeing this thread bumped up for my hopes all up for a sec

go bose go!