[Beta 1] Gui.Air

Dumb question time.

Why does it say "The wait is over!" when the wait is not over?

Because the wait was over eight months ago when he finally released the first beta. All we had before that were screenshots.

~b0se Sep 7, 2006, 3:01:47 AM

Gui.Air being tidied up for release within the week, thanks for your patience and comments!

--

Ross 'b0se' Harvey

It's now Oct.23, 2006! When will the wait for the final release end?

Gui.Air being tidied up for release within the week, thanks for your patience and comments!

--

Ross 'b0se' Harvey

Never. :shiftyninja:

ow please people, give the man a break!

b0se is working on this visual style in his FREE TIME and u get the theme for FREE...

WHEN IT'S DONE!!

it's just like u people don't have another life then waiting and whining about visual styles?

anyway,

just my 2 cents.

ONTOPIC

keep it up b0se, i'm still patiently waiting for this :)

b0se is working on this visual style in his FREE TIME and u get the theme for FREE...

WHEN IT'S DONE!!

it's just like u people don't have another life then waiting and whining about visual styles?

anyway,

just my 2 cents.

ONTOPIC

Thanks god there are people like you on the net (aka, not acting like idiots). I tend to forget that, since I rarely see them.

WHEN IT'S DONE!!

anyway,

just my 2 cents.

ONTOPIC

You're 2 cents is worth nothing. The subject was on topic since b0se himself had posted the words the he was just cleaning things up for the release within the week. That was posted in September. It was a legitmate question since we are 3/4 through October.

You're 2 cents is worth nothing. The subject was on topic since b0se himself had posted the words the he was just cleaning things up for the release within the week. That was posted in September. It was a legitmate question since we are 3/4 through October.

so what? just like the b0se has to keep his promise to a bunch off whiners?

he has a private life also...

in case u don't know, thats having a social life with real time friends and not with chat buddies that u never seen :sarcastic:

everyone will switch to Vista anyway...like int he Luna Element topic...ppl whining about EM3 taking long to release it.

then he states the release will be in december, people dont want it anymore...like; grow up or something, get a girlfriend..

so what? just like the b0se has to keep his promise to a bunch off whiners?

he has a private life also...

in case u don't know, thats having a social life with real time friends and not with chat buddies that u never seen :sarcastic:

Well then why keep this thread in THIS (COMPLETED VISUAL STYLES) sub-forum at all?? Retarded and pointless.

He has posted several "updates" stating he would release the theme "within the month" or "within the week", and has never done it. I understand that he has a life, and a job, and responsabilities other than theming, which is a hobby, and that we are all lucky to get his high quality of work. However, I also think it would be more considerate if he were to just stick to his previous "I have things to take care of that don't involve theming" response (which is perfectly understandable), and release it when ready w/o having to lead us on for months and months.

B0se has many adoring fans, including myself, and I don't want him to hinder his personal life just for a stupid theme, but consideration is a two-way street. Yes people whine and complain about him not having yet released the full version of the theme, but look at what they have to fall back on. People are entitled to object if the person they have been lavishing praise on for months can't even come to tell them to go blow hot air somewhere else.

I have been avoiding using this theme for a while, as it would just make me wonder what has become of the final project. But I haven't been able to contain myself and have started using it again. I enjoy it greatly, and am eager for a final, completed release. I don't care if B0se comes to tell us that he has abandoned this project altogether, but it would be nice to know something.

Flame me if you want, but I have stated my feelings rationally, and with understanding of the hard work that B0se puts into these themes. This is an open and free forum, and all of our opinions should be valued, even if you disagree with them.

He has posted several "updates" stating he would release the theme "within the month" or "within the week", and has never done it. I understand that he has a life, and a job, and responsabilities other than theming, which is a hobby, and that we are all lucky to get his high quality of work. However, I also think it would be more considerate if he were to just stick to his previous "I have things to take care of that don't involve theming" response (which is perfectly understandable), and release it when ready w/o having to lead us on for months and months.

B0se has many adoring fans, including myself, and I don't want him to hinder his personal life just for a stupid theme, but consideration is a two-way street. Yes people whine and complain about him not having yet released the full version of the theme, but look at what they have to fall back on. People are entitled to object if the person they have been lavishing praise on for months can't even come to tell them to go blow hot air somewhere else.

I have been avoiding using this theme for a while, as it would just make me wonder what has become of the final project. But I haven't been able to contain myself and have started using it again. I enjoy it greatly, and am eager for a final, completed release. I don't care if B0se comes to tell us that he has abandoned this project altogether, but it would be nice to know something.

Flame me if you want, but I have stated my feelings rationally, and with understanding of the hard work that B0se puts into these themes. This is an open and free forum, and all of our opinions should be valued, even if you disagree with them.

completely agree.

I agree with you 100%

Everyone is rehashing the same thing about b0se having a life. I and some others, fully understand that he has a life. We get that he is freely putting time and effort into this vs. We understand that it is his choice to stop work on it if he so desires.

As stated by SakuraKira, it would just be nice if we could get a clear "it will never be finished" or something similar. It grows a little old after being let down from the "finishing it for next week" statements from deviant art that never come to pass. I like to think I have been patient with waiting for this great vs. On that note, it has been over a year since the original mockups for this were posted. It shouldn't be too hard to see how a person's patience could grow a little thin when waiting for something that is supposedly still coming out...

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I believe people were so overly aggressive to the 'flamers' to begin was with that still had the patience to wait, I admit I was in that group. But now as my patience has gone out the window your post reflects exactly what I think.

And like you said, it's nothing personal to b0se at all, just getting to the stage of is it abandoned?

--

Ross 'b0se' Harvey

good god people ! the theme is FREE he isnt getting paid to do the work imho if you want the theme get a copy of stylebuilder and get to work . whent he theme is ready he will release it . HELL if i was him i wouldnt release it just becuase of the BIG ASS BABYS that post QQing becuase its on released

I agree with SakuraKira's view.

B0se's work is fantastic and much respected, so when we see/use a preview of his latest work, we'll be dying for it to be finished. And it can feel a bit empty when its said to released within a weeks.. then there's not sign of life for months after. Iam quite aware B0se has a very busy life of his own, it would just be nice if we could get clarity on the situation. Were all huge fans of b0se's work, and I am sure we'll see something great from him soon. And I hope he's all right too

good god people ! the theme is FREE he isnt getting paid to do the work imho if you want the theme get a copy of stylebuilder and get to work . whent he theme is ready he will release it . HELL if i was him i wouldnt release it just becuase of the BIG ASS BABYS that post QQing becuase its on released

So I ask AGAIN, why keep this thread in THIS subforum? No point.

So I ask AGAIN, why keep this thread in THIS subforum? No point.

Well technically this is a release, even though it's in Beta stage. People are able to download and use this theme, and it's pretty bug free. I guess it's only "incomplete" as far as it doesn't yet meet the final vision that the creator has for the theme. So in the end, this is the correct subforum. :/