[Beta 1] Gui.Air

are people still whining about this? C'mon, its not like the VS is that great. It's nifty sure, but by no means is it worth all this commotion.

:D No kidding. I think even bose thinks this, which would explain why he doesn't care much to finish it!

I think that he'll never release a new version...it's gone too much time...i think that he'll come back in the next months with a new theme BETA...and so on...forget it...

I think that he'll never release a new version...it's gone too much time...i think that he'll come back in the next months with a new theme BETA...and so on...forget it...

FFS stop QQing about the theme its HIS work and he is doing the theme for FREE . load up stylebuilder and get to work :rolleyes:

Yea! And make sure you post a Beta in the completed forum, say you'll get it done next week, and leave it for 6 months with no word on its progress so the hype will build unnecessarily for your style that is only decent to begin with.

Yea! And make sure you post a Beta in the completed forum, say you'll get it done next week, and leave it for 6 months with no word on its progress so the hype will build unnecessarily for your style that is only decent to begin with.

You and people like you need to learn patience. Dang people chill out.

Does anyone even want this theme anymore? It has been in beta for so long that it looks extremely dated to me. A new color scheme might save it but probably not. I do think that some of you guys need to move on. Have you noticed that there are far less VS releases on here than before? A lot of that has to do with the complaining and whining that happens on this forum about visual styles. You can say that the artists are moving on to Vista styles but there aren't exactly a ton of releases in that thread either. So just carry on with your lives and check back in a week or so or continue to annoy the artists until they release what you want or they quit altogether.

hehe. I cant believe this thread is still going.. I stopped watching it after the release didnt come out a month ago..

Was a great theme before.. But with no word on it, AND the fact that Bose will not allow others to carry on or "Modify" the theme it really irked me.

I understand the real life issues and all, and I think SakuraKira summed it up the very best.. BUT if you find out you will not be doing to much more with the theme, you dont have time to work on it, but you see 16 pages worth of people WANTING MORE.. then by god give people permission to make modifications to the theme and give you credit.. At least your theme will continue to be used instead of people getting flamed for it/about it.

im waiting for this to be finished it would be nice if he added more colors :) would love that. i think its a awesome VS and hope he doesnt drop this and is still working on it :)

Its not really a patience thing, its the no reply for months thing that's a bit annoying.

Why should he reply? Are you paying for the theme at all or contributing in anyway?

im waiting for this to be finished it would be nice if he added more colors :) would love that. i think its a awesome VS and hope he doesnt drop this and is still working on it :)

He stated in earlier postings that there will be several other colors...green and black were mentioned...i dont remember the other colors.

Why should he reply? Are you paying for the theme at all or contributing in anyway?

If you make a promise, you must respect it. This is the point. If you had a problem ok, but you must say it. Bose is disappeared at all. This is wrong. I think so.

If you make a promise, you must respect it. This is the point. If you had a problem ok, but you must say it. Bose is disappeared at all. This is wrong. I think so.

ROFLMFAO im sorry but that is just stupid ! its a free theme the guy has to work to support is what i asume a wife and kids ? may be a house to pay for . i dont blame him for "vanishing" REAL LIFE > a free theme

im sorry but its the smacktards in this thread that make most artist stop releaeing there work

Maybe you should sue him? :devil:

b0se hasn't disappeared. He was on dA a few days ago. And he mustn't tell you his problems.

Maybe you should sue him? :devil:

b0se hasn't disappeared. He was on dA a few days ago. And he mustn't tell you his problems.

If first you say that in the next week you'll released it and then you don't do it, i coming to think that you are joking me. I think that Bose is a very good person and an excellent worker, ok? I have no problems with him. Only I believe that he is blundering. That's all.

Simply he can come here and say: "excuse me friends! I had some problems but i remember my promise. Don't worry i'll release it soon. Thanks for your patience." Is it so difficult?

Oh gee, laff...*shakes head*

All you b0se groupies need to chill the F out...damn people...he probably isnt releasing it because a lot of you are bitching and moaning about "he promised this, he promised that" He didnt say he promised anything to anyone...he said he was WORKING on it and hopes to have it out soon.

Contrary to popular belief...most of us have a life outside of Neowin. Maybe its time you some of you to get one.

damn

Edited by techbeck

I can't believe this is still going on. I feel bad for b0se and any other skinner that puts up with this. If he never releases it just be grateful for what you have already. Sure maybe it's not all you thought it would be, but would you rather have nothing? Seriously guys, even if he never finishes it I'm just thankful that I got a "beta" version, which is quite usable. I never understood where all the skinners went, but after this thread; I get it!

im sorry but its the smacktards in this thread that make most artist stop releaeing there work

No its up to the authors to release or not. Know one else makes decisions for them.

I never understood where all the skinners went, but after this thread; I get it!

This is no longer about releasing the theme or not..

Don't get me wrong, I love b0se's themes, he has great talent, and I look forward to any new releases he makes. And I am sure he also has lot of things in his life that come before making a theme, and that's absolutly fine, it's up to him if he wants to release a new theme or not.

But what bugs me is this feeling of disrespect to the people that love his work, he says he will release it then nothing maybe another comment to say it'll be released in another week then nothing. Maybe he didn't mean it this way, which is fair enough...

But it's not that hard to reply all it needs is a "this theme won't be released" or "I may not release this theme for a few months" response.

It would end rants like this that's for sure.

I think this thread should be closed and a pinned link made for the Beta.

Edited by acies

There are four or five posts I could quote, but I won't bother.

To all of you saying that we need to be eternally grateful and respectful and blah blah blah:

YES, I know that b0se is making us a free, pretty theme, and doing it completely for the benefit and enjoyment of the community. Being a themer, however, doesn't make you god. It doesn't give you free reign to commit to projects and then expect people to simply let it slide when you don't finish. There's no amount of thanks that can show the appreciation of a community for which these themers produce skin after skin, but that same community thrives on consistency and continued release. Part of the job that themers do for which we are so thankful includes a level of responsibility that makes ridiculous delays and broken promises no more acceptable than if they'd come from any other user.

In short, this voiced frustration isn't out of line or disrespectful, it's natural, if not flattering. If nobody cared, nobody'd speak up about it.

No its up to the authors to release or not. Know one else makes decisions for them.

This is no longer about releasing the theme or not..

Don't get me wrong, I love b0se's themes, he has great talent, and I look forward to any new releases he makes. And I am sure he also has lot of things in his life that come before making a theme, and that's absolutly fine, it's up to him if he wants to release a new theme or not.

But what bugs me is this feeling of disrespect to the people that love his work, he says he will release it then nothing maybe another comment to say it'll be released in another week then nothing. Maybe he didn't mean it this way, which is fair enough...

But it's not that hard to reply all it needs is a "this theme won't be released" or "I may not release this theme for a few months" response.

It would end rants like this that's for sure.

I think this thread should be closed and a pinned link made for the Beta.

There are four or five posts I could quote, but I won't bother.

To all of you saying that we need to be eternally grateful and respectful and blah blah blah:

YES, I know that b0se is making us a free, pretty theme, and doing it completely for the benefit and enjoyment of the community. Being a themer, however, doesn't make you god. It doesn't give you free reign to commit to projects and then expect people to simply let it slide when you don't finish. There's no amount of thanks that can show the appreciation of a community for which these themers produce skin after skin, but that same community thrives on consistency and continued release. Part of the job that themers do for which we are so thankful includes a level of responsibility that makes ridiculous delays and broken promises no more acceptable than if they'd come from any other user.

In short, this voiced frustration isn't out of line or disrespectful, it's natural, if not flattering. If nobody cared, nobody'd speak up about it.

Oh please, how old are you two??

He doesnt owe anyone anything. If you gave him $$$ to create the theme, then fine he owes you the finished product. He could easily charge for his work but he isnt. Be grateful you have a beta build to work with.

b0se has a life outside of neowin..get on yourself and stop moaning and complaining about this.

Oh please, how old are you two??

He doesnt owe anyone anything. If you gave him $$$ to create the theme, then fine he owes you the finished product. He could easily charge for his work but he isnt. Be grateful you have a beta build to work with.

b0se has a life outside of neowin..get on yourself and stop moaning and complaining about this.

ok... well I didn't say he owed me anything, I never demanded the theme to be finished, maybe you should READ my post before you quote it.

And stop shoving this "he has a life outside neowin" in our face, it doesn't exactly take an hour to sign in and reply, and I am NOT asking for a "sorry", I am NOT asking for a release.. in fact I am not asking for anything, But IMO I think it would be polite of him to respond to the people that have being admiring his work and looking forward to more.