[Beta 1] Gui.Air

ok... well I didn't say he owed me anything, I never demanded the theme to be finished, maybe you should READ my post before you quote it.

And stop shoving this "he has a life outside neowin" in our face, it doesn't exactly take an hour to sign in and reply, and I am NOT asking for a "sorry", I am NOT asking for a release.. in fact I am not asking for anything, But IMO I think it would be polite of him to respond to the people that have being admiring his work and looking forward to more.

Maybe he can't afford the internet right now. Maybe he's moving. Maybe he has personal things to take care of. He could have many reasons why he can't reply. Seriously guys, I'm sure there is a reason. I'm sure he's not doing it to upset, but frankly if he were he's a genius because this is beyond absurd here. Let this go. If he releases it you'll still be here to see it. If not then he doesn't. Posting these constant demands that he updates us is the reason half of these good skinners left.

I'm waiting for it too, but I don't demand or even expect anything from him. If I did, I'd have paid him :)

ok... well I didn't say he owed me anything, I never demanded the theme to be finished, maybe you should READ my post before you quote it.

And stop shoving this "he has a life outside neowin" in our face, it doesn't exactly take an hour to sign in and reply, and I am NOT asking for a "sorry", I am NOT asking for a release.. in fact I am not asking for anything, But IMO I think it would be polite of him to respond to the people that have being admiring his work and looking forward to more.

Saying that it would be polite for him to respond is pretty much asking for something...reword what you say.

I have friends that go for a long time without getting on their home PCs because they are so busy with their life...their family..whatever...so yea, for a lot of people 5 minutes is a LONG time for them.

Plus, I work on PCs all fricken day long and I go for long periods not even wanting to touch my home PC

I can't seem to be patient any more :(

I need to do something..

I have never made a theme before, or modified one, but does anyone know if there is anything I can do to change my version of this beta to fix this bad/missing image for a combined selected tab?

badguiairmr0.jpg

If I could fix this then I would be happy with the theme as it is :)

Can someone explain to me:

a) why this thread is not closed

b) why it is even in the completed section?

a) Because b0se has stated he would release another version with additional colors.

b) Becuase for all intense and purposes this version is complete with the exception of the additional colors.

b) Becuase for all intense and purposes this version is complete with the exception of the additional colors.

Definitely not! There are a lot of Luna elements (eg progressbar, tabs) which do not fit with the rest of the theme.

A few months ago I posted

~martin10018 Aug 21, 2006, 9:27:17 AM Mood: Optimism

Which will be released first? Vista or GUI.Air? I guess Vista!

This must be the most anticipated vs ever. It's longer in the making than Duke Nukem Forever (well almost).

Just to tease you a little. Take your time and have a life. I know you keep your promises..

on dA. I guess I was right. :yes:

Though I meanwhile have doubts with my last sentence... :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why do you people keep resurrecting a dead thread?

It's like any article or forum discussion about Duke Nukem Forever: Someone wonders if it's out yet, looks for information about it.. and finds an old thread which (s)he thinks (s)he has to contribute to, whether the last post before his (hers) is ages old or not.

It's like any article or forum discussion about Duke Nukem Forever: Someone wonders if it's out yet, looks for information about it.. and finds an old thread which (s)he thinks (s)he has to contribute to, whether the last post before his (hers) is ages old or not.

Sad part is, that's why I read it and responded.

Err.. Wtf? This thread was posted in less then a month before me. My post was valid as i was questioning any updates about the style. I was genuinly interested in the style so why the hell should I not post in here?

Err.. Wtf? This thread was posted in less then a month before me. My post was valid as i was questioning any updates about the style. I was genuinly interested in the style so why the hell should I not post in here?

Calm down Dave, we were joking about how long this thread has lasted without being updated by the author, moved to the WIP section OR just completely getting locked.

b0se said he had alot of RL issues going on and didn't even know if he was going to finish the skin after all.

Should have been left at that, but flames started, people got greedy, and I do have to say one of my biggest problems is the fact that b0se would not allow others to persue or fix if you will some of the issues with the current beta. Others had great ideas, recolors, fixes, removals, and experimentations of this vs, and when posted where told that they do not and will not have permission to modify.. This is fine, its b0se theme, he has every right to say that, but it just comes as a hard blow when right after, there is no more done to this theme, when it was said there would be improvements. I just wish b0se, when seeing the RL issues arise, would have allowed others to continue to build on this great theme. That's my only gripe :cry:

I just wish b0se, when seeing the RL issues arise, would have allowed others to continue to build on this great theme. That's my only gripe :cry:

I disagree. I don't think he should have let someone take it over, after all it is HIS design. However, no one can be that busy in their life that they can not take 5 minutes out of their day to come and say whether or not he even plans to continue it, or just just give us a ****ing update in general.