2007 Microsoft Office

Am I the only one who liked the metal/blue feel of the original Office12 beta release?

haven't tried the feel yet because i am still waiting for connection to the betaplace...halted at 73% :crazy:

i assume this is a new build since the beta 1 pre-release then? im not sure whether to bother downloading it if its the same?

Do you even bother to read the thread titles or what? Why would everyone suddenly get excited over the original beta 1 release?

Am I the only one who liked the metal/blue feel of the original Office12 beta release?

No

I was starting to like that look very much. Maybe in the final version they'll have it available as a theme, but I doubt it.

im getting sick to death of the slow MS servers, specially when new betas are released.

anyways either way its on Bit Torrent so for us legit testers we can get it from there now :)

beta testers, if you can please:

- Is outlook faster now?

- How's the overall performance?

- Any crashs?

- Can you open saved files on the previous version without any problems?

Thanks,

xUnix

- Is outlook faster now?

- Any crashs?

Thanks,

xUnix

All of the programs seem faster, how much of this is because it's new I'm not sure. As for crashes, I haven't had any, they even fixed the annoying crash outlook had everytime I exited.

No problem opening old saved files.

- Is outlook faster now?

- Any crashs?

Thanks,

xUnix

- Haven't tried Outlook yet, so I cannot say if it is faster, but I cannot imagine that it wouldn't be. But hey, you never know.

- Performance has improved a lot over the Beta 1 build

- Of course, it is still beta after all.

- I have been able to open almost everything that was saved. I have tried opening a PowerPoint presentation and PowerPoint keeps crashing on me.

I wish I could figure how to get e-mail support with Word. Even Outlook Express doesn't work. Only Outlook. What I mean is that if you don't have Outlook installed you would go to send a document as an e-mail and cannot click on the icon, since Outlook is not installed.

Outlook is faster than beta 1.

The inbuilt search indexes v.fast and is much better than beta 1. Overall I am impressed. There's still a lot of speed improvements required but for the most part it's getting there :)

I wish I could figure how to get e-mail support with Word. Even Outlook Express doesn't work. Only Outlook. What I mean is that if you don't have Outlook installed you would go to send a document as an e-mail and cannot click on the icon, since Outlook is not installed.

I have the TR installed and the biggest change from beta 1 (so far) is the new (and blue) default theme. I had no problems with Outlook crashing in beta 1 (and I'm happy to discover that the TR is retaining the same stability. I haven't tested it with Vista 5308 yet.

If I sign up for the beta two office would I get a copy of the final like they did with 2003 office? Will the key work with the final?

I have the TR installed and the biggest change from beta 1 (so far) is the new (and blue) default theme. I had no problems with Outlook crashing in beta 1 (and I'm happy to discover that the TR is retaining the same stability. I haven't tested it with Vista 5308 yet.

I had a horrific time with Outlook crashing in the first beta. Everytime I would exit or click on compose an e-mail.

has outlook finally changed to the full new look? and Access?

In the 2007 Microsoft Office system, formerly code-named Office "12," Microsoft Office Word 2007, Office Excel 2007, Office Access 2007, and Office PowerPoint 2007 will have the new Microsoft Office UI. In addition, the new interface will be used in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 when composing e-mail messages or setting up meetings.

quote from Microsoft regarding user interface. I haven't installed Outlook or Access.

I LOVE the changes they're making in Outlook...esp with the tasks and calender...it's stuff I use daily and its sweet theyre getting it right.

The ribbon doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, I thought it'd be taking up alot more real estate than it is.

Not bad...not bad...

My download stopped last night, and now it's not resuming. I can't get to the site either. Frustrating!

If you are one of the pplz like me whose download stopped at 99% then do this...

Suspend the download and close active x box

Redownload same one from beta site

Click cancel to the new download box asking for the location

Click resume for the old dowload you suspended before and it will finish up! :D

If you are one of the pplz like me whose download stopped at 99% then do this...

Suspend the download and close active x box

Redownload same one from beta site

Click cancel to the new download box asking for the location

Click resume for the old dowload you suspended before and it will finish up! :D

I will try that, but I can't even get onto http://beta.microsoft.com/ right now. It's quite annoying. The page just don't load.

What happened to the dymanic menu's and animations??

This was a very cool feature of the first Beta in that when you were in Excel and highlighted some cells the ribbon would change allowing you to do new things. What happened?

BTW - I liked the slate gray color of of the first beta better, but the UI on this beta is better.

just installed the new beta, install time was around 5 mins (ish)

from what ive seen so far its looks very nice esp the black theme, but this is just a gimic at the end of the day

look in your options

Thanks, but I've just opened up Outlook and gone into options, but I can't see anything about themes. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks again.