2007 Microsoft Office

I got the email and stuff but the server's busy. :(

btw, is it just me or are the FTM transfer requests messed up? I managed to be able to get to the page but the FTM says invalid transfer request.

On the office 2007 page there was a link to sign up when beta 2 is out to download it.

I don't think you can sign up for office 2007 beta anymore, and only a select few beta testers for office 2003 recieved the full final product. However the beta 2 package we recieved was massive and very good.

We got a portable FM-radio with ms logo on it as a gift when the beta was over :rofl:

Outlook is faster than beta 1.

The inbuilt search indexes v.fast and is much better than beta 1. Overall I am impressed. There's still a lot of speed improvements required but for the most part it's getting there :)

yea outlook seems to be much more efficient in this build. ive only been using it for about 15min, but opening emails, creating emails...doesnt seem to have much of a lag anymore (sometimes could take 15-20sec before able to do the above)

I havent seen any black screenshots on here...so here you go:

ss1969fa.th.png

I think i have just one complaint so far (which this actually has been like it for a while...) finding the icon in the taskbar for word is a pain...looks very similar to IE one (blue rect with another blue logo)...they should spruce it up :)

Edited by SkyyPunk

Have you changed yor configuration? Could you share how you pop is configured?

It wasn't an outlook problem with gmail. I had the same problem going through Mac Mail. It would not do a full send/receive. But, it's working fine now.

I am loving the new design. The black is definately the way to go rather than the blue theme. But, seems like Outlook still has the same bug I reported back when the first beta came out. I have no unread messages in my Inbox, or any other folder for that matter, but yet, when I look at my welcome screen, it still says I have 87 unread messages. Hmmm....

Server down :angry: 423.4 MB downloaded 0.5 MB left....

Pawan

did you try doing what was suggested above? i had that exact issue too. you just close the dl window, and get the FTM open again (if you have a shortcut on your desktop thatll work, or start a new dl to bring it up, but you wont have to actually dl the file)

One more question. If you install office beta would it show a small white print beta writting on the right bottom of the screen?

I got the email and stuff but the server's busy. :(

btw, is it just me or are the FTM transfer requests messed up? I managed to be able to get to the page but the FTM says invalid transfer request.

well it seems for the time being, getting the build thru BT is a lot more faster :blink: compared thru MS Beta site..

i'm stuck at speed below 10kbps thru FTM.... :wacko:

I finally got it downloaded from Microsoft. I love the refresh. Access, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Publisher, SharePoint, Visio, and Word all run and work better. Everything is smooth now. No awkward pauses when clicking on a tab or advanced setting. I will definitely be using Office 2007 when it is released.

Ugh I only installed Outlook... so I guess there's no black theme then? (unless of course I installed the rest :pinch: )

New message | open the office logo menu thing (thought I'd use the technical term) | Editor options.

You'll see colour scheme on the window that opens (it will change the whole program not just the editor)

In overall new UI looks much better than Office 12 beta UI and Office 2003. It works much faster. But I am a bit disappointed with skinning system. I hoped UI will be based on Windows style, but it's not. There are just two available skins that you can select. One is blue and one is black... hope it will be changed in future...

i was kinda hoping for the office logo (like in word and excel) to be in Outlook as thats what i use most..... no biggie though

New message | open the office logo menu thing (thought I'd use the technical term) | Editor options. You'll see colour scheme on the window that opens (it will change the whole program not just the editor)

Thanks, I actually found this earlier but still, thanks for the info :)

Wow...what an improvement since Beta 1. I think (not quite sure yet) I like the new UI. It takes a little getting used to, but it is significantly easier to get around and makes a lot more sense. (Y)

The only problem I see is with Excell, Is crashing with my old spreadsheets and formulas... Also I use losts of SQL connections and seems to be crashing as well.

The rest is ok.

Hi:

I registered with Microsoft but have not received the required id to access this. Please let me know how I can get this new release.

email:mlou5ca@lycos.com

Thank you.