2007 Microsoft Office

What is going on with the download servers?!

My download got to 99%. 0.5MB to go and "trying to connect" :cry:

Me to. I have one machine sitting at .5 megs, and another chugging away at 25-150kps (rates all over the place, backup download).

To change the theme, click on the MIGHTY MS OFFICE LOGO :D, click word (or w/e) options, then on that screen is an option to change to "Obsidian (Black)".

EDIT: This is such a cool release. It actually works for a start, and I'm loving the new UI, but the black theme is too black

Thanks, but I've just opened up Outlook and gone into options, but I can't see anything about themes. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks again.

go to excel options then change it in there - close and reopen outlook and it will adopt the same theme.

Me to. I have one machine sitting at .5 megs, and another chugging away at 25-150kps (rates all over the place, backup download).

This is just not fair. Been downloading all night and now it stalls with 0.5MB of 1.1GB?!

Finished downloading!

Hoped that Ms was going to change the office icons.

For what it's worth. Office 2007 Refresh is a very quick performer. The visible changes also rock, the dark "obsidian" scheme is very professional. 9.8/10 from me!

Edited by StartMeUp

You know how I avoided all this? got it off IRC, and then just used my own product key :)

Dreadfully SLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! The site has crashed 6 times thus far. Tomorrow is another day for downloading.

Go to excel options then change it in there - close and reopen outlook and it will adopt the same theme.

Ugh I only installed Outlook... so I guess there's no black theme then? (unless of course I installed the rest :pinch: )

If I sign up for the beta two office would I get a copy of the final like they did with 2003 office? Will the key work with the final?

I don't think you can sign up for office 2007 beta anymore, and only a select few beta testers for office 2003 recieved the full final product. However the beta 2 package we recieved was massive and very good.

We got a portable FM-radio with ms logo on it as a gift when the beta was over :rofl:

And is Frontpage (ahem, Sharepoint Designer) in this release? As far as I know it wasn't in Beta 1

Sharepoint was in the first beta release and it is in this refresh too. It might not be included in the smaller BT download. There is a 1+ GB download I was getting before the site crashed called MS Office Select (I think). It had all the regular apps but also included Sharepoint, Project, Visio, and a couple others.

just tired a send and recive and it worked fine... received a waiting email no problems

Have you changed yor configuration? Could you share how you pop is configured?

New UI looks very nice and it's very functional. I like the black theme a bit more.

Everything works much better than the first beta... except from Access, in a table when I change to Design View it stops responding and freezes, I have tried with Access 2007 and Access 2000 databases and still the same issue, anyone else gets this problem? :unsure:

xcept from Access, in a table when I change to Design View it stops responding and freezes, I have tried with Access 2007 and Access 2000 databases and still the same issue, anyone else gets this problem? :unsure:

It's working fine for me...