Accepted for Vista!

Man, many of you people that got accepted will probably never submit any sort of feedback to Microsoft so in all sense of the idea, you do not belong in the beta test! Microsoft doesn't just want people to try the software out but also wants some sort of contribution. If you got accepted, great but don't just try it out for a few minutes and set it aside, try and use your lucky chance to actually help Microsoft out...

Aggred

yea its true most people dont even have a company or staff base to test it on for the NAP and wont submit feedback or be active in news groups they just want to have their dirty little fingers on it :s

Well if i get acpected, I'll give feedback on everysingle thing i find worng or intresting. cause i want the final verson to be just right

20 February 1990

Your not old enough..

who says that i'm not old enough? i sent the E-mail, and got a responce, if i get to test vista, i will get to test it, plus, how do we know there are other teens out there, here on neowin, that posted in this fourm. and one more thing, what about Ofical testers, that let their sons, and daughters, and other family memebers try it out, and help test it. i dont see a law agesnt teens LEGALY testing software. and thats just what i might do, if i get acpected by this guy. plus, its open to the plubic, and i see no age limt on the MSDN blog, for this vista testing thing.

Edited by Tech_Kid_2006

Some of us have been "professional" beta testers as it were for a long time. I've beta tested for many companies, including Microsoft, Activision, Sony, Blizzard, JoWood (no, not Soldner) NCSoft and many others. Being a tester is actually a responsibility I take very seriously, since my feedback helps shape a final produc that (hopefully) many thousands if not millions of people will use.

I don't think age has anything to do with it either. Someone 16 can be just as good a tester as someone who is 56. If this guy comes back to the office today and sends me off a Vista invite, you better believe tonight I'll be running on Vista and searching for and reproducing bugs as much as I can. Sure I'll be enjoying the fact I got to see MS's big new OS early and play with it, but hey, that's a perk of being a tester. Why do you think I'm playing so much Auto Assault now? Sure I enjoy the game, but I'm also looking for and reproucing bugs!

Sorry for the rant, but I think it's important anyone who gets invited to the Vista beta knows how important it really is and isn't just a chance to play with the OS. And remember, if you don't actually test, everyone on Neowin can blame YOU for buggy code in the final version, HAHAHHA!

Well like I said before, if i get Acpected for vista, I WILL report every bug, and give microsoft every bit of feedback as i can. I'm a vista surporter, as you read my other posts, you see what i mean. and i really want to have vista be the best OS ever.

Well like i said before, if i get Acpected for vista, I WILL report every bug, and give microsoft every bit of feedback as i can. I'm a vista surporter, as you read my other posts, and i really want to have vista be the best OS ever, as microsoft is puting it.

We believe you man :) Don't mush your brains trying to prove that to us :D Just make sure that if you get in the beta you do a little debuggin' and a little playin', ya know what I'm sayin'? :D

I've been invited under my company email address, and I have signed up for it. Is there any way that I can change my email address to point to my personal hotmail or gmail address?

I've seen many people here got accepted for Vista Beta. I'd like to know you do you all apply? Can some of you invite me or advise me where I can get my personal beta id...

Many thanks !!

yes i do, but i gota prove to FPS Wolverine, but who gives a damn what he thinks,

i with ya 100% obsolete_power

When I see you in the NGs, or submitting a bug, Ill let one of them know your underage If your ever a tester.

And stop speaking the stupid language. I cant read what your saying...

I've seen many people here got accepted for Vista Beta. I'd like to know you do you all apply? Can some of you invite me or advise me where I can get my personal beta id...

Many thanks !!

I think if you read more of this thread you'll find the answer your looking for, hint try the first page.

who says that i'm not old enough? i sent the E-mail, and got a responce, if i get to test vista, i will get to test it, plus, how do we know there are other teens out there, here on neowin, that posted in this fourm. and one more thing, what about Ofical testers, that let their sons, and daughters, and other family memebers try it out, and help test it. i dont see a law agesnt teens LEGALY testing software. and thats just what i might do, if i get acpected by this guy. plus, its open to the plubic, and i see no age limt on the MSDN blog, for this vista testing thing.

Fine then, no problems there. But learn to spell, PLEASE? :laugh: People will think lowly of you if you present yourself in such a way, and sadly, you are doing so - irrespective of what a great, knowledgeable person you may or may not be.

^^ ok i'll work on my spelling

When I see you in the NGs, or submitting a bug, Ill let one of them know your underage If your ever a tester.

And stop speaking the stupid language. I cant read what your saying...

well just one question, how will you know its me. could you at least give some proff that i'm underage? cause i dont see anything saying that i'm underage. Just Because I'm 16, doesnt mean, i have the knowage of computers. I know a lot about them, so please stop asumeing that I wont report the bugs and give feedback. cause, I will

Firstly, you have to be over 18 to take part in a BETA program. Secondly you said you were about to turn 16 a couple of weeks ago on your blog (Here to be exact).

Back on topic, it Steve has updated his blog to say that he is no longer accepting requests - whether he nominates those who put a request in before he posted the message remains to be seen.

^^ ok i'll work on my spelling

well just one question, how will you know its me. could you at least give some proff that i'm underage? cause i dont see anything saying that i'm underage. Just Because I'm 16, doesnt mean, i don't (your grammar is atrocious.) have the knowage of computers. I know a lot about them, so please stop asumeing that I wont report the bugs and give feedback. cause, I will

Look who's not able to keep up with his own promises :huh: Sorry, but your off my list of reputable and/or credible regarding opinions... :yes:

Second of all, your points aren't necessarily related. My Uncle "knows" (I doubt that about you -- you asked in another post what "Aero Express" was -- shows how much of a Vista fan you are :| )alot about computers. But if given a chance to test Vista, he wouldn't report bugs just because he knew alot about computers. They are not directly or necessarily inter-related, and yet you imply that your reasoning is sound.

The only thing sound is the door shutting on your face, as I have stopped caring about what you've got to say - Tis sickening how you present yourself, really, it is.

Edited by fisherman909

I'm dont arguing in this topic, if i get acpected i get acpected, dont cry about it, if i dont, oh well its not a big deal. thanks to FPS Wolverine , we went off topic , so lets just get back to the main topic, cause i'm done argueing.

Look who's not able to keep up with his own promises :huh: Sorry, but your off my list of reputable and/or credible regarding opinions... :yes:

Second of all, your points aren't necessarily related. My Uncle "knows" (I doubt that about you -- you asked in another post what "Aero Express" was -- shows how much of a Vista fan you are :| )alot about computers. But if given a chance to test Vista, he wouldn't report bugs just because he knew alot about computers. They are not directly or necessarily inter-related, and yet you imply that your reasoning is sound.

The only thing is sound is the door shutting on your face, as I have stopped caring about what you've got to say - Tis sickening how you present yourself, really, it is.

well I know my seplling if still a bit off, and i'm working on it, second, I am a vista fan, i just didnt know about the Aero Express, i knew Areo was part of the UI, just didnt know of the Express part.

Sad news for those e-mailing for nominations on the blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/scarbones_blog/archi.../30/564871.aspx

This obviously gives more license to the possibility of the now-delayed April CTP (named Beta 2, effectively) will be released to the public in May --- that TechNet thing appears to imply it additionally. I wonder whether builds post-Beta 2 (RC0 Branch and onward) will be public or not.....

well I know my seplling if still a bit off, and i'm working on it, second, I am a vista fan, i just didnt know about the Aero Express, i knew Areo was part of the UI, just didnt know of the Express part.

...not to mention grammar, punctuation, and composition.

Check this out.

Well, I know my spelling if still a bit off, and I am working on improving it. Second, I am a Vista fan; I just didn't know about Aero Express. I knew Aero was part of the UI, I just didn't know of the "Express" part.

Present your argument professionally. Otherwise, you sound [read] like a 14 year old, hopped up on Mountain Dew and frantically pounding away at the keyboard.