Neowin's Official World Cup 2006 Thread

Ronaldo in tears, thats made my day! To all the portuguese out there - you'll never reach a final!

You know what was better than that? Beckham crying like a little kid like his mother didn't buy him a candy bar. To all the English out there - you'll never reach the semis again!

We've already won a world cup, something Portugal has never or will never do :woot:

No, correction. The ref won that cup for you in OT :whistle:

Also, The Portugese fans seem to have a low tolerance of losing, lots of "Bowing" was heard when France went on offense, since the beginning of the game.

No, I don't think it was the portuguese fans... probably the sore english... they booed everytime Ronaldo touched the ball. Talk about bad loosing...

Awww.. bye bye Portugal!

Even world diving champion Ronaldo couldn't help you this time around. As an Englishman it has been a weird experience cheering France for the last 94 minutes but I felt it was my duty! I hope they go all the way and win it again!

Yeah I noticed, Why though? He's on their team FFS! What is up with these damn Portugese people (No offence!)

Why would you think it was the Portuguese booing Ronaldo? If you didn't know, it were the English and some French fans that were booing Ronaldo in the stadium. The Portuguese were the minority in the stadium and I am sure their boo's couldn't be heard even if they were booing, which they weren't.

Congratulations to France. Portugal diving as usual - the dive by Ronaldo was so ridiculous he should be banned from football for life! No exaggeration.

lmao anybody listening to the crowd and how they boo ronaldo as soon as he touches the ball? funniest thing ever.

LOL i was loving that. What a cry baby i mean he tried to get a free kick nearly everytime. Needs to learn the "basic" football rules :rofl:

70minutes of pure ronaldo bashing :D :D :D :D Best day ever!!

Good goal by France. Now Germany vs Portugal. Gonna be a good one but think Germany will win it :p

No, I don't think it was the portuguese fans... probably the sore english... they booed everytime Ronaldo touched the ball. Talk about bad loosing...

Yeah I agree, thats just stupid :(

We've already won a world cup, something Portugal has never or will never do :woot:

Seems we have an aspirant to witch or something... If you can predict the future, why were you so distraut when England lost...? Makes no sense to me, really.

If I may put this out there, I would say that Germany and Portugal got what was coming. IMHO, Argentina played better than Germany but Germany won. But they were eliminated in their next game. I didn't see the Portugal vs. England game but many say that England played better, especially with 10 players. And then Portugal gets knocked out the next round. It's as if revenge took it's toll.

Both teams played very well, congrats to France. However, I must give props to Portugal for pushing it to the end. Both semi final games were very well played, not many fouls or cards, no controversial goals; good games overall :yes:

Its alright guys. France played very well and deserved the win because Portugal couldn't score. I'm just happy we had the chance to play a semi-final while England was home watching from their 52" Plasmas booing at the TV when Ronaldo had the ball.

Ive never seen so many blatent dives in one game, i felt embarrased watching it! Glad to see the back of Portugal!

<Snipped due to size>

well mainly by ronaldo. anyway i cant wait to see portugal loosing again on saturday!

:rofl: I give up, it's prooved that english people cant accept being beaten.

I agree, they just can't accept defeat. And having stayed there just to boo Ronaldo is a good proof of that.

I agree, they just can't accept defeat. And having stayed there just to boo Ronaldo is a good proof of that.

They must love the Portuguese team if they paid for the tickets to go watch them play.

Go England! Thanks for the support from your home and from the stadium!

Its alright guys. France played very well and deserved the win because Portugal couldn't score. I'm just happy we had the chance to play a semi-final while England was home watching from their 52" Plasmas booing at the TV when Ronaldo had the ball.

Couldn't agree more.

France won they deserved it, good first half both teams.

Good luck for both teams on the finals France and Italy.

Now it's time to have 3 or four pages of "portugal lost!!111 lolerskates OMFGZ.... Ronaldo suxorz" full of uk kiddies who care more about bashing the other teams then why they suck at footbal.

Maybe you could learn some sportsmanship and accept defeat for what it is, and remenber that when saying portugal sucks you are adminting to sucking even more lol.

L3thal dont you mean "Brits"? lol

english. Britain has 4 different teams i think...english scotish, wales and n.irish. People are just weird there :D