Neowin's Official World Cup 2006 Thread

BLAH BLAH BLAH Lethal!

Like I said you can have that goal, we scored another so it doesn't really matter. Say all you want we won the cup and have choked since. You will never win the cup and should be sponsored by speedo in 2010. To call the English win controvesial is the pot calling the kettle black coming from a Portuguese fan.

buahahahaha..... bye bye portugal... :bounce:

i just hope france play well in the final- i want italy to loose becuase of thier diving and false tactics...

nice to see portugal still got thier skill of false diving. :yes:

:bounce: viva la france....!! :bounce:

Is it just me or was there a sudden surge of portugese members? Anyway, I hope France go all the way to win it.

Not me, I've been here almost two years now...

Watching the comments, I got to hand it to Portugal fans! No whining, no complaining, no swearing! Just shows the different intelligence level of both sides.

Thank you. And it's quite hard to restrain oneself from stepping down to their level.

Slightly off topic, sorry for any offence but i found this funny lol

Ahha... gotta hand it there... stupid but well-made.

I know I am really late with this but.. what a bunch of divers! i say they should start handing out yellow cards if someone dives 2 times and a warning the first this is just getting out of hand.

Hey hey i will be glad once World cup is over then we can have some none bashing chats.

Thank you. And it's quite hard to restrain oneself from stepping down to their level.

How could you have anything to be angry about. Portugal were caught with their pants down cheating, and they lost because of it. :wacko:

How could you have anything to be angry about. Portugal were caught with their pants down cheating, and they lost because of it. :wacko:

Angry?... I'm not even talking about France, but about England.

I wouldn't call it cheating. They were just desperate to get anything in their favor and they failed doing it. Let me tell you, the word cheating is being used very loosely nowadays.

I wouldn't call it cheating. They were just desperate to get anything in their favor and they failed doing it. Let me tell you, the word cheating is being used very loosely nowadays.

cheat (cht)

v. cheat?ed, cheat?ing, cheats

v.tr.1. To deceive by trickeryb>; swindle: cheated customers by overcharging them for purchases.

2. To deprive by trickery; defraud: cheated them of their land3. To misleadb>; fool: illusions that cheat the eye.

4. To elude; escape: cheat death.

v.intr1. To act dishonestlyb>; practice fraud.. To violate rules deliberately,b> as in a game: was accused of cheating at cards.

3. Informal To be sexually unfaithful: cheat on a spouse.

1. An act of cheating; a fraud or swindle.

2. One who cheats; a swindler.

3. Law Fraudulent acquisition of another's property.

4. Botany An annual European species of brome grass (Bromus secalinus) widely naturalized in temperate regions.

I've highlighted the relevant points:p:p

Omg, you england fanboys are pathetic. Ill not quote you anymore, its useless

Anyway, Portugal deserved the victory but they pay the price for their lost because the lack of skiils near the big surface.

Zidane the almight did almost nothing during this game, what proves if he has a decent adversary he is just a good player. (shame on the **** BR, which sold the stupid WC again....damn mercenaries)

For the final....clearly Italy will beat the hell out of France.

Good for them, Italy really deserve the title.

And i believe Germany will have 3rd place.

My general opinion of this WC is that was kind poor.

With lots of "unfair" play and poor presentation from most of the teams.

The technical level was average. (maybe the heat played an important role)

Ive seen much better WCs, it seems like the business has taken over the sport and i believe it will be worst from now on.

With FIFA (govts. ?!?!) and sponsors deciding the destiny of the WC and major competitions.

Maybe the 4th star for the italians will make the brazilian mercenaries move their asses in 2010.

Omg, you england fanboys are pathetic. Ill not quote you anymore, its useless

Anyway, Portugal deserved the victory but they pay the price for their lost because the lack of skiils near the big surface.

Zidane the almight did almost nothing during this game, what proves if he has a decent adversary he is just a good player. (shame on the **** BR, which sold the stupid WC again....damn mercenaries)

For the final....clearly Italy will beat the hell out of France.

Good for them, Italy really deserve the title.

And i believe Germany will have 3rd place.

My general opinion of this WC is that was kind poor.

With lots of "unfair" play and poor presentation from most of the teams.

The technical level was average. (maybe the heat played an important role)

Ive seen much better WCs, it seems like the business has taken over the sport and i believe it will be worst from now on.

With FIFA (govts. ?!?!) and sponsors deciding the destiny of the WC and major competitions.

Maybe the 4th star for the italians will make the brazilian mercenaries move their asses in 2010.

Which game are you talking about? If it is tonights game against France, then you are wrong. As I have said before the aim of football is to score goals. The more you score the better. France scored, Portugal didn't. End of story, France win. It doesn't matter who you think played the better football.

^.....im just commenting the game from my point of view.

im not questioning the result.

pay more attantion when replying.

most of you are not for France, you were against Portugal. (you would have been against any other team that would have pwned you)

just because you got owned by them, again !

shame on you.

Well, I think Portugal played well. On the first half, the two teams were balanced. There were opportunities for both sides. But then, at 33' Henry was fouled in the area by Carvalho and penalty was signalled. Zidane scored, although Ricardo dived the right way, he could not stop it from going into the back of the net.

On the second half, the french just kept back, spending most of the time defending and slowing down the game. But heck, they were doing their job (*Sigh*). The few times that Portugal succeeded in breaking the french collossal defense, the portuguese players didn't manage to score. There was a bit of luck missing, I guess.

Let's hope we have better luck next saturday against Germany.

Anyway, congratulations France (Y)

(Sorry if my football vocabulary isn't the best but english is not my mother tongue).

most of you are not for France, you were against Portugal. (you would have been against any other team that would have pwned you)

shame on you.

Exactly.

first off: i was never a huge metallica fan. i tend to turn the radio whenever they come on.

second: i've been in several bands that all feel the need to cover metallica, probably fueling my lack of appreciation.

third: mustaine rules all!

that said, i'd have to say dyers eve or breadfan

Exactly.

I was against Portugal due to that little kid Ronaldo. Anyways England and Portugal have both lost and France go through. End off. :yes:

One of the best games in the WC, hope France win the cup.....and I'm Portuguese. ;)

and Ronaldo made a great game

cheers....love you all (Including English :) )

shame on you.

Most of us had good reason to be against Portugal - I'm not English, nor an English supporter by any means - but watching three games in which Portugal featured really shows what kind of team they are. For the few genuine, decent players on the Portugese team (notably Maniche and Deco), they are hopelessly overshadowed by the antics of the turf-smitten players (C.Ronaldo, Figo). I believe on the whole, the Portugese team is a great team. It's just the poor sportmanship shown by a few players that smears the team's image as a whole.

Props do go to the Portugese supporters in this thread; they haven't resorted to blaming the French team for their loss.

I've highlighted the relevant points. :p

Exactly. Any diving or over-exaggerating is cheating.

I wouldn't call it cheating. They were just desperate to get anything in their favor and they failed doing it.

It's obviously not in their favour if they need to play act for it. It's either a foul or it isn't... diving to the ground isn't helping the ref make a decision - it's cheating in an attempt to gain an unfair advantage. I was very surprised when Henry, for France, dived in one of the earlier games - I didn't expect that sort of behaviour from a player of his calibre. It's got to the stage where players feel they have to dive to get an advantage as otherwise the opposition is only going to do the same thing. It is FIFA's fault for not keeping up with technology - now with almost instant action replays fans sitting at come can make better judgements than the ref on the pitch and that is wrong.