Neowin's Official World Cup 2006 Thread

what a boring second half! i almosr felt asleep :p first half was awesoe though, but unfortunately iran lost :(

Boring? Maybe because Iran`s strategy of keep the tie. But Mexico was well over them and creating opportunities. Do you think that the second mex goal was just luck? it was an error caused by pressure.

Personally I found the second half more thrilling than the first one.

I'd definitely recommend watching it on Univision (commentators are great). On a side note, Iran played pretty well in the first half but they lost it in the second half.

Go Portugal! :D

Next game is against Angola, lran played great the first half, mexico was slow, I din't like it. Second half totally diferent Zinha played great, and Bravo 2 goals. Go Mexico!!

It was a very emmotive moment at the end, Our Goalkeeper (sanchez) Dad died during the week, very sad, just a few hours before taking the plane to germany :(.

Mexico dominated the second half, but Iran played well. I didn't see Mexico's second goal but I hear it was the goalie's fault?

Can't wait for Portugal's match! :)

Argentina ripped IC apart.

No they didn't you must have been watching another game as Ivory Coast were the better team, more dynamic and attacking.

i wanna know why in the poll Czech Republic is listed as a surprise team?? they are ranked #2 in the world only behind Brazil. They have just as good of a chance as England, Brazil, or Italy.

And I am by no means a Czech fan.

IMO England won't win. They seem to take the lead, then sit back, like against Paraguay, and against Brazil in the quarters in 2002. They need to keep pressuring for that second goal, otherwise they will never win.

the american commentators, are TERRIBLE.

Ha ha, funny you should say that, as ITV is sponsored by Budweiser and there is a skit of American commentators during the adverts :laugh:

For this game I think think Portugal will dominate, I am going for 4-0 ;)

Hey what channel is the Portugal vs. Angola game going to be on in the US??

ESPN 2

Ha ha, funny you should say that, as ITV is sponsored by Budweiser and there is a skit of American commentators during the adverts :laugh:

The American comentators ARE horrible!! I think it was the Germany match vs Costa Rica; the announcer was comparing making World Cup comparisons to baseball and basketball. I'm also convinced they don't know much about Int'l soccer players. It seems like they just have a fact-sheet in front of them and use it once in a while when the time is right.

yea, i thought there was going to be a goal in the first 15 seconds, i couldn't believe it.

cristiano ronaldo is a big baby. you breathe on him, he falls over or complains. bitches he didn't get passed the ball.

WHOOO Go Portugal! :D

In all seriousness, this game is pretty entertaining. Angola lost their nervousness 20 minutes in the game and now are attacking more often. I'm predicting a 3-0 final with two more goals in the second half.

I think Portugal did a very good job in the first 10 minutes and the last 10, but in the middle they let Angola play too much :\

GOOOO ANGOLAAAAAAAAAAAA! :p

i want an 1:1 at least...

-fm