Neowin's Official World Cup 2006 Thread

Good new for all you Comcast people. I noticed last night around midnight that ESPN2HD was added to the lineup. My dvr is set and ready to roll. Should be a good first weekend. And btw. Go USA!

12 minutes to kick-off, hope Germany stuff Costa Rica.

Could be Germany's first world cup win on home soil.

Costa Rica are not doing bad, they are showing how poor the german defence can be. Pablo Wanchop is using his experiance and he is making some good runs on to the ball and nearly getting one on ones with the keeper. That is where Costa Rica goals are going to come from i think.

The Costa Rica goal keeper isn't that bad ethier i think, he is getting the balls from long range shots and getting in the way of them.

Come on costa rica get 2 goals show how poor the germans are!

is my 2-1 germa ny win prediction coming true? :p

No :p

I should of added Klose to the top scorers poll, he did get a hatrick in the last World Cup against Saudi Arabia.

Im from costa rica -.- i know costa rica have a hard game against germany >.> but hey 3-2 (winning germany) we didnt get owned :p

EDIT: 4 - 2 :s oh well :no: nice fourth goal from germany ;)

Edited by shadowgmo

They need to improve (The Germans) or they won't get past round 2.

I agree.

Costa Rica attacked 2 times and scored 2 times.

Imo, one weak presentation from the Germans.

The german defence was pretty poor. But i'm sure costa rica would be delighted with the 2 goals because i know i am!

We say the defence is poor but we don't know what the attacking is like because no offence to costa rica there defence wasn't great.

Man of the match for me had to be the costa rica goal keeper, i loved him! he put so much effort in to the game to keep it only 4 goals. that 4th goal it looked like he nearly got the tips of his fingers to it. Would of been an amazing save if he got it thou!

excelent game just now. i agree with you guys, while germany had great attack theyr defence was so bad. i hope they can fix that for next game.

Very good opening game, with some amazing goals from the germans. I agree that they won't make it very far with a defence like that.