Post your workstations

Nice job running the cables through the wall.

Did you wire up sockets on the wall or just run the cables in the wall? Or photoshop them out :D

I just ran them right through the wall. I cut in a box right behind the monitor and one directly under it. :)

some nice things you have there Mousepadtech. You should really invest in a cleaner work environment :pc:

There's nothing wrong the lived in look. After all it's much better than some of the completely immaculate desks we see here, with everything lined up at 90 degree angles - you would never think that they even get used. :whistle:

There's nothing wrong the lived in look. After all it's much better than some of the completely immaculate desks we see here, with everything lined up at 90 degree angles - you would never think that they even get used. :whistle:

Well I try to clean up my workspace at the end of the day. That includes straightening the stuff to 90 gedree angles. Just looks good.

Do you not do your hair when taking a photo?

I just ran them right through the wall. I cut in a box right behind the monitor and one directly under it. :)

are you sure thats not a fire hazard??? im pretty sure running a power cord for a monitor = huge fire hazard = home insurance kaput

also..

purplez55003ct.jpg

i think i like purple more on the z5500s :yes:

are you sure thats not a fire hazard??? im pretty sure running a power cord for a monitor = huge fire hazard = home insurance kaput

How is that a fire hazard? Neither of my power cord going to my pc/monitor are close to being hot enough to catch anything on fire.

How is that a fire hazard? Neither of my power cord going to my pc/monitor are close to being hot enough to catch anything on fire.

It's against code to run power cables through the wall. To mount something like a plasma or lcd tv on the wall you usually have a recessed outlet installed behind the tv on the wall. I'm not sure if there's another legal way to do it. Maybe look up the fire codes to find out?

It's against code to run power cables through the wall. To mount something like a plasma or lcd tv on the wall you usually have a recessed outlet installed behind the tv on the wall. I'm not sure if there's another legal way to do it. Maybe look up the fire codes to find out?

so your saying its illegal to run a cable through your wall? :s :unsure:

Its his house, he can do what he wants, power cables don't even get warm, the plugs might but the cables don't, how do you think the power sockets get their power? :p

IMG_0623.JPG IMG_0625.JPG IMG_0627.JPG IMG_0628.JPG IMG_0629.JPG IMG_0632.JPG IMG_0633.JPG IMG_0634.JPG IMG_0635.JPG IMG_0636.JPG

Rather temporary setup while parents are away for the week and mate is here to stay :D

Neowin broke while I was posting (as pictured), but fortunately kitchen with Grolsch cans is about 4ft behind me :yes: so I was able to find something to do during the down time ;)

so your saying its illegal to run a cable through your wall? :s :unsure:

Its his house, he can do what he wants, power cables don't even get warm, the plugs might but the cables don't, how do you think the power sockets get their power? :p

youre right, it is his house, but if theres any damage to his house and they find out he routed a power cord through the wall then home insurance does not have to give him a dime.

youre right, it is his house, but if theres any damage to his house and they find out he routed a power cord through the wall then home insurance does not have to give him a dime.

From an electrical standpoint I'm sure it's illegal to run power chords through your wall, I'd have to flick through some books to find out.

Edited by mac15

From an electrical standpoint I'm sure it's illegal to run power chords through your wall, I'd have to flick through some books to find out.

I'm pretty sure its not illegal, it just voids your insurance, and I was under the impression that it was only if you ran mains cables without being a certified electrician?

You know what, he can decide to repair the wall when he moves out.