Apple release new "Get a Mac" ads

Apple today quietly released new ads featuring the Mac and PC duo that have been the staple of Apple's "Get A Mac" campaign. There are three new ads in total - "Out of the Box", "Work vs. Home" and "Touch?". Apple have updated the Get a Mac section of their website where all three ads are available in small, medium, large and HD sizes.

I like these ads a lot more than Apple's previous attempts; I think these ads are funnier, more informative (the previous seemed far too biased and PC-bashing-focused) and more mature.

Thats f***ing stupid, Apple are so lame what a childsome advert.

Lets make some pro pc ones

'hello I'm a Mac, oh no I'm having a kernal panic and the hard drive has imploaded and Apples crappy warranty doesn't cover this!'

Thats f***ing stupid, Apple are so lame what a childsome advert.

Lets make some pro pc ones

'hello I'm a Mac, oh no I'm having a kernal panic and the hard drive has imploaded and Apples crappy warranty doesn't cover this!'

tell me bout it...

Typical, use the older fat guy for windows and use young youthful person as the mac. Of course on that page it says macs basically dont get viruses, I lol'd.

Typical, use the older fat guy for windows and use young youthful person as the mac

And to have the "PC" dressed in a bad boring suit where as "Mac" is "trendy" :rolleyes:

And to have the "PC" dressed in a bad boring suit where as "Mac" is "trendy" :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's called marketing, look it up sometime.

Yeah, it's called marketing, look it up sometime.
Exactly - you honestly think they would make the PC look trendy and the Mac old?
The ads are just misinformation and stupid, except for the one about Dual Booting Windows and OS X
How? With every PC I've ever had, I've had to download drivers for both my digital camera and external CD-RW, and uninstall of the horrible extra software. Not to mention all the Windows updates and individual boxes for the monitor, tower, keyboard and mouse. And there's no comparison to iLife on the Windows side. Where's all the misinformation and stupidity?
Of course on that page it says macs basically dont get viruses, I lol'd.
Name one virus for OS X and I'll buy you a house.

Name one virus for OS X and I'll buy you a house.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...osx.leap.a.html

How? With every PC I've ever had, I've had to download drivers for both my digital camera and external CD-RW, and uninstall of the horrible extra software. Not to mention all the Windows updates and individual boxes for the monitor, tower, keyboard and mouse. And there's no comparison to iLife on the Windows side. Where's all the misinformation and stupidity?

I like Macs, but Apple's ads offer an uneven comparison. They say that it doesn't support much hardware while at the same time you have to uninstall trial software.

Well if you build yourself, then you don't get trial software but you don't have all the drivers, if you get pre-built then you get all the drivers but you might get trial software too. Which one are you comparing to, one or the other. The Ads make out that Windows PCs are incapable of Digital Imaging.

Windows Updates? You just need Automatic Updates.... Doesn't Mac OSX has Software Update, which works EXACTLY the same way? Where was the comparison to iLife, it just said that the Mac to use digital images and make DVDs, Windows can do that too.

And going back to the whole driver thing, who cares? It's a once off installation, there are Windows drivers for almost EVERYTHING, much more drivers available than a Mac because most hardware is intended to be used with Windows. Why are a lack of preinstalled drivers important, when the Mac has a lack of APPLICATIONS that is available for Mac, where can I get the software I use for my work? where can I get Games? I got to Dual-Boot into Boot Camp to do this.... oh wait that defeats the point that Apple are trying to make.

Edited by Quick Reply

The first two are okay, but the last one...

Oh, I can do things like: "Music, podcasting, video..."

The PC goes: "I do spreadsheets..."

What about games?

Thats lame.... but will work for all the fools out there who don't know any better.

Interesting but it's not a virus at all - it's a socially engineered worm or rather, a trojan.

Hence the only way to get infected is to actually execute the file and accept the installation with superuser privileges. Quite a few Win32 viruses are of type where the end user doesn't need any input in the actual infection - hence it's a true virus.

I could make a program for Win32 that opens up a box "Hey, you're an idiot - would you like to get infected? Yes/No" and that wouldn't make it a virus, even if I made it a self propagating.

Interesting but it's not a virus at all - it's a socially engineered worm or rather, a trojan.

Hence the only way to get infected is to actually execute the file and accept the installation with superuser privileges. Quite a few Win32 viruses are of type where the end user doesn't need any input in the actual infection - hence it's a true virus.

I could make a program for Win32 that opens up a box "Hey, you're an idiot - would you like to get infected? Yes/No" and that wouldn't make it a virus, even if I made it a self propagating.

Yes, thank you.

Name one Windows virus, that is not a worm, in the past year that does not require user intervention.

Besides, Big Threat or Small Threat, a threat is a threat and viruses work the same way in Windows.

It's funny how they've used "I've gotta download new drivers" as a dig. That is because you can use mightily superior hardware with Windows, Apple! How silly of them. If they're going to promote the OOBE, they could at least do so without unintentionally highlighting the fact their hardware is so limited.

Touch? still doesn't work because the video cards are sucky.

And Work vs. Home is pretty weak. Funny how they didn't bring games into the equation...

Apple should really be promoting the unquestionably good aspects of their service. They're shooting themselves in the foot with pretty much every point they make. Though of course if you don't knowanything> about computers, the advertising may be influential.

Edited by Firefawx

Name one Windows virus, that is not a worm, in the past year that does not require user intervention.

Besides, Big Threat or Small Threat, a threat is a threat and viruses work the same way in Windows.

No, any Mac virus would not work the same as in Windows. In Windows, it is possible for programs to be executed without the user knowing - that can't be done with OS X. OS X handles security very different to Windows XP - if you know how Microsoft are handling security with Vista, it's almost identical to how OS X handles security.

Hey,

Lets be real if you really want good marketing use Shaq for the PC and Spud Web as Mac, for share of the desktop world :D

Blade

No, any Mac virus would not work the same as in Windows. In Windows, it is possible for programs to be executed without the user knowing - that can't be done with OS X. OS X handles security very different to Windows XP - if you know how Microsoft are handling security with Vista, it's almost identical to how OS X handles security.

I think the word you're looking for is Unix :p