Apple release new "Get a Mac" ads

Holy crap! You mean that Apple didn't target game-obsessed tech-forum nerds fapping themselves blind over the latest "beta" Microsoft operating system when they created these ads? Stop the presses! You might be on to something here! Maybe they *were* intended for people that just want to pull a system out of a box and plug it in, and not people licking their window glass waiting for their package from Newegg to be Fedex'd over so they can get to work on some benchmarks?

Could it be?

I think you missed the very evident point; if someone says that us (the "game-obsessed tech-forum nerds") talking about Apple is what they intended by releasing the ads, I think it's correct to say that those same "game-obsessed tech-forum nerds"'s pointing out flaws in Apple's logic won't make them any money, which is the goal of any ad.

You can stop frothing at the mouth now. Go hug your Mac if you feel unloved.

Because they're able to differentiate between the truth and whatever Apple are trying to feed the average mug? I think you missed my point, anyway.

Actually, they aren't. It's an advertisement, and any one stupid enough to take an ad without a grain of salt, and get ****ed over it has some issues.

Actually, they aren't. It's an advertisement, and any one stupid enough to take an ad without a grain of salt, and get ****ed over it has some issues.

So, the very users they're targeting then?

What if I said that Macs have 115,000 viruses? It's a blatant lie, but don't argue with it or get ****ed about it, because then you'll have issues.

I think you missed the very evident point; if someone says that us (the "game-obsessed tech-forum nerds") talking about Apple is what they intended by releasing the ads, I think it's correct to say that those same "game-obsessed tech-forum nerds"'s pointing out flaws in Apple's logic won't make them any money, which is the goal of any ad.

You can stop frothing at the mouth now. Go hug your Mac if you feel unloved.

I don't own a mac, actually. Yet. I own two PC desktops and a laptop. But thanks for assuming. :)

Holy crap! You mean that Apple didn't target game-obsessed tech-forum nerds fapping themselves blind over the latest "beta" Microsoft operating system when they created these ads? Stop the presses! You might be on to something here! Maybe they *were* intended for people that just want to pull a system out of a box and plug it in, and not people licking their window glass waiting for their package from Newegg to be Fedex'd over so they can get to work on some benchmarks?

Could it be?

hahahaha :laugh:

Go hug your Mac if you feel unloved.

Nice 1 Mr SuperModerator. I think that would constitute to flame-baiting no?

Anyway the ads are humorous but grossly inaccurate. They don't "Lie" but they don't tell the whole truth either. To me there funny and nothing more.

I don't own a mac, actually. Yet. I own two PC desktops and a laptop. But thanks for assuming. :)

Usually after owning one you realize that though nice in many ways, they aren't the end all be all of personal computing.

Nice 1 Mr SuperModerator. I think that would constitute to flame-baiting no?

Um, how does what I said even come close to the post I quoted?

Anyway the ads are humorous but grossly inaccurate. They don't "Lie" but they don't tell the whole truth either. To me there funny and nothing more.

Actually, many, many points on the getamac website are grossly misleading, or just outright wrong.

Um, how does what I said even come close to the post I quoted?

Sorry do 2 wrongs now make a right? your a moderator if you feel his post was wrong then you should have i dunno warned him?

But hey it's not my job to tell you how to do your job so I'll just stfu

Actually, many, many points on the getamac website are grossly misleading, or just outright wrong.

Yeah, almost as bad as microsoft's "get the facts" campaign.

I thought they were funny (dry humor). I have macs and think they have there issues. For the Best buy crowd that buy computers I do think this wil sway a few to the Mac hardware.

Right, just how when I bought XP back when it launched, I really thought XP would allow me to fly because of the commercials. :rolleyes:

ad?ver?tise

v. ad?ver?tised, ad?ver?tis?ing, ad?ver?tis?es

v. tr.

1. To make public announcement of, especially to proclaim the qualities or advantages of (a product or business) so as to increase sales.sales.

I think that the moderator just broke the rules in this thread.. Talk about a flametrip. Last I checked people are allowed to have their own opinions.. sorry if you feel the need to flame Mac friendlies Joel.

I mean let's be honest. As much as you may dislike the AD, it has generated some talk here. The ads are clever. I use both Macs and PCs in my home and the truth is that Macs you don't really have to worry about viruses. Just putting it in perspective.. and don't say I'm just surfing blindly. Yes I still run norton that was issued to me by my university on my Mac. The end.

Now I don't really have anything against the PC, I just happen to prefer Macs.

Thats f***ing stupid, Apple are so lame what a childsome advert.

You know, you would sound a lot more credible if you had expressed yourself like a mature adult.

You fanboys really need to chill. They are ads and generally ads portray the advertiser's product in a good light and the competition in a bad light.

Now if you people feel the need to get all worked up over an ad like they are insulting you personally in some way, I'd suggest doing some introspection. You really should be asking yourselves why you are identifying with you "PC" on such an emotional level when the company that makes it does not give a crap about all this stuff.

Edited by aristotle-dude

' date='Jun 13 2006, 12:57' post='587602152']

I think that the moderator just broke the rules in this thread.. Talk about a flametrip. Last I checked people are allowed to have their own opinions.. sorry if you feel the need to flame Mac friendlies Joel.

Sorry, what? Having an opinion is not the issue here. What part of my post flamed anyone? "Hug your Mac"? The man nearly busted a nut to post a flame-fest post to rile up anyone who didn't see eye to eye with him, but if I give him a timeout solution, I'm flaming him? :blink:

Here is what I don't get. Some of you were offended by the previous batch of ads but in those ads, they emphasised that macs were better for home and multimedia applications out of the box while PC's were good as business apps.

Look at other commercials for other products, do you see them complimenting competing products for their specialities? No.

They are ads and generally ads portray the advertiser's product in a good light and the competition in a bad light.

Actually, the best ads don't even mention the competitor. That very thing makes me laugh at Burger King's and Pepsi's marketing departments (and now Apple's, after that "dull grey box" commercial). Win some clients on your own merits, not on the back of baseless accusations or lies. When was the last time a McDonald's ad mentioned Burger King, Harvey's or Wendy's? Or a Coke ad brought up Pepsi's name? MS is too worried about *nix to bother mentioning Apple.

Actually, the best ads don't even mention the competitor. That very thing makes me laugh at Burger King's and Pepsi's marketing departments (and now Apple's, after that "dull grey box" commercial). Win some clients on your own merits, not on the back of baseless accusations or lies. When was the last time a McDonald's ad mentioned Burger King, Harvey's or Wendy's? Or a Coke ad brought up Pepsi's name? MS is too worried about *nix to bother mentioning Apple.

MSFT is too worried about Linux because it is free and it has a similar UI. Just look at KDE and tell me that they are not trying to emulate the look and feel of windows with their default config.

MSFT is worried about Apple very much in the music and multimedia markets but they do not mention Apple because Apple has an equal or superior set of software/hardware options available in the market. If you are facing an equally equipped or superior competitior, you never mention them in your marketing. Apple has never directly mentioned MSFT in their ads but rather referred to them through popular themes the average consumer identifies with windows. To me, that is a smart thing to do.

Ads are supposed to engage you emotionally. Obviously, these ads worked very well and because of that they are memorable. Can you remember the last McDonald's ad? Are those ads meant to remain memorable for a longer time? Do you buy new computer as often as you buy a burger?

It has to bring up PCs, sadly alot of people are narrow minded and wont listen to what Apple have to say, but when PC is brought up, people listen, look at this thread, everyone is talking about it...isnt that what an advert is supposed to do?

The pc guy had to say: Games... Touche? LOL i own a mac and a pc and i like both but i still think the apple ads are a little to bashing on PC's

There funny but also some what a cheap shot on pcs.

I still like my powerbook and gladly would by a Mac again. Once there new powerhouse desktop comes out I might actualy buy that.