FA Premier League Thread

I saw in one of the paper today that quoted Michal Ballack saying he wanted to go to chelsea because they are the future. And i just thought to myself. Yeah and the only club that can afford you and your image rights.

chelsea will take it and sheva top scorer...

and before anyone asks, im not just a chelsea fan, but also man utd, and arsenal... i dont like just one specific team, but i like all sorts of players instead...

also, if anyone plays football manager 2006, check out this thread so we can talk about it, etc...

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=484456

...nah...chelsea is gonna become like real madrid... :whistle: ....hopefully :shiftyninja:

WEEEEEEEE pompey have just got Sol Campbell :)

He rockers. When it was Arsenal Vs Pompey last season he was batterd :) bleeding nose, cut eye brow

I think he just wants some of the action

Why did he go to Pompey! I din't want him to go but oh well!

Because no one else would have him?

He made a mistake in leaving Arsenal, his excuse was that he needed a new challenge and wanted to play abroad. No one would take him though because he wants 60k a week in wages, so he ends up at Pompey. I bet he is regretting it now.

From the heights of scoring in the Champions League Final against Barcelona, to playing at Pompey. Fair enough Pompey have come into a bit of money, but they wont be able to challenge for a few years to come yet.

There was clubs that would of had him, they are better are hiding stuff from the press.

We were always intrested in sol before he left Arsenal. So he may of wanted to go abroad but he sorted his head out now and maybe thought there is no point.

We've got money but we are currently looking at buliding a new training ground and get the stadium work started soon.

Sol is still a good defender, i think if you kept fit enough you can still play in the prem. Just look at Teddy at west ham he is still going strong.

Sure he is earning 60k a week but would you mind paying that when you can use him to attract other players.

It a shame we couldn't get D'Alessandro for this season but i think he struggled pace wise to play, he worked his socks of and he was tired most of the time.

There was clubs that would of had him, they are better are hiding stuff from the press.

We were always intrested in sol before he left Arsenal. So he may of wanted to go abroad but he sorted his head out now and maybe thought there is no point.

We've got money but we are currently looking at buliding a new training ground and get the stadium work started soon.

Sol is still a good defender, i think if you kept fit enough you can still play in the prem. Just look at Teddy at west ham he is still going strong.

Sure he is earning 60k a week but would you mind paying that when you can use him to attract other players.

It a shame we couldn't get D'Alessandro for this season but i think he struggled pace wise to play, he worked his socks of and he was tired most of the time.

I think that he is a very good signing for you, as long as he is in the right frame of mind, but seeing as he said he is looking for a new challenge and fresh surroundings then he is likely to be in the right frame of mind. He does have his fare share of injuries, and he has never been a defender full of pace but he is very effective.

He would make a good captain, and could perhaps be one of your most important players this season. Good luck anyway this season, I have always liked Pompey.

Sol will attract new players.

There are actually footballers who value winning more than huge pay packets.

Not sure if Sol is one of those, however, Portsmouth start moving up the league and bring through some good youth, maybe they will have one or two players turning out for England.

Well we got about 2 english players in the pompey squad that are good but most likey only 1 would get in to the england squad.

There is matty taylor who is a left back but is farrrrr better on the wing, he about 25 so he may not have a chance to get past downing, who no doubt mclaren likes since he's a boro boy.

THen there is Gary O'Neil who runs his socks off and an ex england U21 captain. He is a pretty good midfielder and doesn't mind being on the right wing. In one match he ran about 8 miles which is well more then average.

If we can replicate the form we had with harry last season then i think we could do well for a top 10 postion. Considering in our winning run we was forth in the form table for part of the season.

WEEEEEEE so we now got Sol and David James.

Hopefully James won't flop, i don't think he was to good at man city and in the england squad.

Now we just need the Yak back from boro and maybe another striker.

We only got

Lua Lua

Bejani

Toddy

they are the nearest we got to strikers, we have Mbesuma but i think he is out on loan and Mornar was lucky because somebody who made the contract wrote it so that if pompey stay up he gets an extra year at pompey. Still i always hear mornar does good on the right wing in pre season before he gets injuried LOL

Manchester United pair Mikael Silvestre and Park Ji-Sung have signed contract extensions to stay at Old Trafford until 2009 and 2010 respectively. And Manchester United are ready to open talks with star striker Wayne Rooney over a new contract. So it's good to see some long term planning going on at Old Trafford. Tomasz Kuszczak should learn a lot here and along with Edwin Van der Sar and youngster Ben Foster, who is at Watford right now, United is secure in terms of a goal keeper in the team. Rooney is a very important figure in the team and I want him to be in United forever, and when Rooney finally hangs his boots in the end of his career, he should be a legend at Old Trafford. Just like Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Roy Keane have been.

Rooney is a very important figure in the team and I want him to be in United forever, and when Rooney finally hangs his boots in the end of his career, he should be a legend at Old Trafford.

Even though he is scouse :o?

:rofl:

Manchester United pair Mikael Silvestre and Park Ji-Sung have signed contract extensions to stay at Old Trafford until 2009 and 2010 respectively. And Manchester United are ready to open talks with star striker Wayne Rooney over a new contract. So it's good to see some long term planning going on at Old Trafford. Tomasz Kuszczak should learn a lot here and along with Edwin Van der Sar and youngster Ben Foster, who is at Watford right now, United is secure in terms of a goal keeper in the team. Rooney is a very important figure in the team and I want him to be in United forever, and when Rooney finally hangs his boots in the end of his career, he should be a legend at Old Trafford. Just like Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Roy Keane have been.

That what i have always liked about man utd. They keep there team till they die lol.

I think in another season or two man utd may become a better team and get further in the cups and europe.

Che have the most chance to be the winner, but I hope the winner is Arsenal. :D

says hu :crazy: ......im telling ya che will become the next real madrid :shifty: .........LIVERPOOL FTW

hes a proven goalscorer in holland in his last three seasons he hit. 25 in 34 games, 29 in 34 games and last tear he hit 22 in 33 games. now thats a very good record he hasnt really don it for the national team yet but we will see this season if he is trully class or will he be a Veron were he just wasnt adapted to the pase of the premiship, im not gunna say coz i dnt wann look like a retard when i say hes gunna b good and he'll b crap.

###### on city!!!!!!!!!!!

But in all the speculations Senna's deal seems to be fading away. There has been no progress in the player's move to Manchester United. But anyways, Owen Hargreaves coming to United is great news. Hargreaves is already a reputed player among England fans. And the recent Man of the Match performance at Old Trafford against Greece will make the United fans even more happier. Hope the deal is done soon.