FA Premier League Thread

Everscum what?

3-0! Take it!

What I want to know is, when is your open top bus parade to celebrate it :laugh:?

Seriously though, the team we put out were not up to the job today. There was just no motivation and a catalogue of mistakes caught us out. Alonso was crap, as he has been all season and I still maintain he should be dropped for three or four games as he is a liability at the moment.

Pennant, Kuyt, Agger and Gonzalez should of played from the start, we needed there respective pace and freshness for this game. Sissoko proved today just how much of an important player he is for us. So, I am dissapointed with some of Rafa's decision's and I am dissapointed with some of the player's attitudes.

I think Rafa was right. Fatigue is what his players were suffering from. 90% of them were on international duty. I din't think Liverpool would have come back but they almost scored one.

I think Rafa was right. Fatigue is what his players were suffering from. 90% of them were on international duty. I din't think Liverpool would have come back but they almost scored one.

We had twenty shot's on goal, compared to Everton's four. We hit the post twice and Tim Howard made a few good saves. That does not matter though, in a game of football you have to score goals in order to win. Everton took their chances, even if they were gifted to them on a plate. But if you are creating chances, that is always a good thing...

You mention fatigue. Pennant, Agger and Gonzalez did not play in internationals during the week, yet they started in place of Alonso, Garcia and Hyypia who all played two game's for their country's. Surely, they would be the more fatigued players?

I am very dissappointed in the Reds defense. Very, very poor performance. I usually LOVE Alonso, but today he was horrid. Everton should celebrate this win all they can because in the next derby Liverpool will come back with a vengeance.

Drop Alonso? Haha he's awesome.

Man Utd made hard work of their win yesterday, but we got the result in the end.

Alonso is a very good player, but he has been playing terrible all season. What is the point in continuing to play him if it is not bennefiting Liverpool?

He need's to know that he has to work for his place in the team.

Is this gonna be another season when Liverpool promise so much at the begining of the season and then don;t really perform in the league?

Is this gonna be another season when Liverpool promise so much at the begining of the season and then don;t really perform in the league?

It is to early to talk about the league as a whole. Do you remember last year, when we won just one of our opening six games? Before we got battered by Chelsea, then we went on this super duper winning streak. Hopefully, the loss to Everton is the kick up the backside we needed.

I just wish Rafa would start Kuyt in every game (the lad played 170 consecutive games in Holland). PSV on Wednesday, Kuyt for a hattrick!

For the last few seasons they seem to have played better against teams like Man Utd, Arsenal etc, but not against the mid-lower table teams. It is as if they expect to win against the smaller teams and don't start playing until it is too late.

Van der Sar really saved the day for United. He stopped some really threatening balls. Saha made a mess on 2 occasions, both of them were one on one, with him and only the goalkeeper Robinson between the goal. He should have scored on both the occasions. Giggs scored the opening goal, Ronaldo played well, Park was able to make a mark when he entered as a sub. Carrick played against his previous team. :p

Van der Sar really saved the day for United. He stopped some really threatening balls. Saha made a mess on 2 occasions, both of them were one on one, with him and only the goalkeeper Robinson between the goal. He should have scored on both the occasions. Giggs scored the opening goal, Ronaldo played well, Park was able to make a mark when he entered as a sub. Carrick played against his previous team. :p

Carrick played really well yesterday. His passes were accurate and effective. He can probably improve further and make Man Utd's 14M pounds worthwhile.

The fixtures for this week:

Sat - 16 Sep 06

Charlton v Portsm'h

Bolton v M'brough

Everton v Wigan

Sheff U v Reading

Watford v A Villa

Sun - 17 Sep 06

Chelsea v Liv'pool

Blackb'n v Man City

Tot'ham v Fulham

West Ham v N'castle

Man Utd v Arsenal

Ofcourse all the eyes would be on Sunday's games of Chelsea against Liverpool & then Manchester United against Arsenal. Even West Ham-Newcastle United game should be an interesting game.

Chelsea 1 Liverpool :(

Liverpool had a BOAT LOAD of chances but never captiolized. Kuyt's bar hit and Gerrard's 1v1 with Cech were the best chances of the game for the Reds. Too bad really, I thought Liverpool played the better game.

Oh well, only the beginning of the season. You'll Never Walk Alone.

Moan United 0 Arsenal 1.

We get called a one man team, Henry not playing we totally outclassed United and showed them

how to play football.

Come on you Gunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!