FA Premier League Thread

I am so excited about the start of the Premiership!!!

I have not been this excited about Liverpool's prospect's for the coming season for quite a while, I smell number 19 come May...

Anyone else getting a whiff of it?

I am so excited about the start of the Premiership!!!

I have not been this excited about Liverpool's prospect's for the coming season for quite a while, I smell number 19 come May...

Anyone else getting a whiff of it?

Tbh... I smell number 14 ;)

ooo i'm gettin excited!!!!!

shame i can't afford to go a footy match much. It costs about ?35 for a ticket at fratton park. I wouldn't mind but you can never get many good seats. and then getting out of the city takes about an hour lol

Well not a great start for Liverpool Riise has been injured in the first half, doesn't look good either.

Got 5live on at work here and commentators seem to think it's an ankle injury, Riise been replaced by Gonzalez.

Carragher has also gone off, been struggling since the 10th or so min from a bad tackle. So Liverpool have lost two players to injuries in the first half!

Liverpool are the better team by far. Can't really remember Reina being tested by Utd both Fowler and Bellamy have come close as well as an own goal almost being netted.

Yup Hulse I think it was, sounded like a defensive mistake no challenge from anyone!

First goal of the prem season, lets hope there are a few more in this game make it more exciting than the first half.

Hyypia just hit the post, almost an instant response!

Well it shows that We have the Fight to stay up in the prem, which im glad to see we have! good game all around! lets just hope we have more games like this in the future dont wanna go back in the championship just yet :p

Today's results:

Arsenal 1-1 Aston Villa

Everton 2-1 Watford

Newcastle 2-1 Wigan

Portsmouth 3-0 Blackburn

Reading 3-2 Middlesbrough

Sheff Utd 1-1 Liverpool

West Ham 3-1 Charlton

Reading did brilliantly to come from 2-0 down to win 3-2 against Boro!

How the hell did Reading manage to win! Awsome for them. Hats of to them. I think they might do a Wigan and stay in the top 10.

Arsenal really should have won you know. They outclassed Villa everywhere but just couldn't find the back of the net.

Good result for Sheffield as a point for a promoted team on opening day is very good. Watford should have drawn and so should have Wigan.

Portsmouth on the top of the table! Thats amazing!

This premiership season is gonna be awsome!

weeeeeeee i'm so happy pompey won 3-0 but we got to get more players. we need more for the left side. an extra striker.

Can you belive it we got a 16year old as back up for david james! Kiely and Ashdown are both injuried

Very poor performance by Liverpool today. I'm worried about Jamie Carragher and JAR. They probably won't be fit enough for their second leg Champions League clash between Maccabi Haifa in Kiev.

Hats off to Reading though. What a comeback!

Well the opening day of the prem certainly wasn't a boring one, there was only Blackburn and Tottenham who failed to find the back of the net.

Well I must say there is a noteable difference by Villa playing under O'Neill. There just seemed to be more confidence that they can actually achieve something, this could really be the start of something special for them. If you watched MOTD last night Alan Shearer pointed out that when Arsenal were in attack they has all 11 players behind the ball and all within a certain area forcing Arsenal to play long balls which in the end failed. Arsenal were very lucky to get something from the game, what struck me most about this game was Eboue attacking quite a lot, i mean he should be defending the goal. Walcott did really well when he came on and set up Gilberto's goal, nice ball over the top and good finish. Not the best opener to the Emirates for Arsenal, but i'm sure Villa will be more than happy with the point which they came away with.

Bolton got themselves an easy three points against a poor Tottenham side, it just seemed as if they weren't prepared for the start of the seaso, the only real shot I remeber Spurs having was a shot by Defo which Jaaskelainen made a excellent save. In fairness the first goal shouldn't have stood because Dawson (or Davenport) was dragged down in the box but Campo's goal their were no complaints about, great strike.

Thats enough for now, might comment on the other games later!

Manchester United & Chelsea won their matches.

Manchester United won 5-1 with goals from Saha 7, Pearce 15 og, Rooney 16, Ronaldo 19, Rooney 64.

Chelsea won 3-0 with goals from Terry 11, Lampard 26, Drogba 78.

A good start for both the premiership contenders. Ronaldo was cheered during the game with a record 75,115 attendence. Rooney and Ronaldo had a great partnership. Saha's goal means that no problems whatsoever with United's forward line, even after Nistelrooy's departure.

Chelsea's game was as expected.