MySpace is Crap - a web developers view

Why do people complain that profiles are ugly? THEY ARE THE PRODUCT OF THE USER, NOT THE NETWORK.

MY PROFILE PROVES YOU ALL WRONG. View ONLY in FireFox.

MySpace is an excellent networking idea. Yes, perhaps it's now been followed up with improved successors, but it was the first - and the best. iPod was in first, now even though many DAPs are better, iPod rules.

Why do people complain that profiles are ugly? THEY ARE THE PRODUCT OF THE USER, NOT THE NETWORK.

MySpace is an excellent networking idea. Yes, perhaps it's now been followed up with improved successors, but it was the first - and the best. iPod was in first, now even though many DAPs are better, iPod rules.

That is a nice MySpace page love it. Did you do that all in CSS?

I can't believe I just saw a MySpace with a "Made in FireFox" button on it. lmaooo

lol, pmsl, rofl

Because professional website developers build all their awsome myspace templates in firefox ;)

^_^

But remember, you page is the exception, not the rule.

I am not going to even read this thread.

Not all the people in the world know how to create valid visual websites.

If you don't like it, then don't visit the website.

I deleted my myspace account, i was a bit fedup with the slowness because of the sloppy code and massive ammounts of hits to the site.. ontop of that you get the little 16 year old girls trying to add you.. WHAT IS IT WITH WOMEN being attracted to men older than them..

mysteries.. ANYWHO yea i really dont like myspace; It teaches kids to be less social, to hide behind a keyboard.. if you want to talk to friends, go hang out with them, dont hide behind the damn computer, get outside for once.

ANYWHO yea i really dont like myspace; It teaches kids to be less social, to hide behind a keyboard.. if you want to talk to friends, go hang out with them, dont hide behind the damn computer, get outside for once.

Well, I know people who use it all the time when they can't hang out..I.E. after getting home or in the morning or something. If you spend all day and night on it then I dunno what to tell ya. People who depend on MySpace to interconnect with people were probably using something else before hand, it's not like it just takes over lives ya have to make a choice.

with me, i barely get on my space. let alone put bunch of crap on there like most teens. and my friends list is eirther my friends, classmates, or people i chat with online that share my same intrests.

I do think tom should stop geting drunk at those parties and start making it safer and harder for preditors, sex offenders, to add and chat with teens. ( basically, a more intense parental controls.) such as anyone below the age of 16 MUST have a parantal concent, though lieing about age is a huge ishue. so....

I would be perfectly fine with Myspace if it didn't have all those "internal errors" or whatever. I always have to refresh a page 2-4 times for it to load correctly, whether it is a person's profile or not. Facebook is much better however but I think it is dying.

MySpace is only as good as the standards that are desired by the users. Most users are stupid young teens. The coding, functionality, speed and overall design (custom user designs don't make MySpace better in and of itself) is horrific. I ****ing hate how much money that TOM f*ck must've made now. MySpace is proof that the young people of North America are going to bring humanity closer to extinction than closer to alternative fuels, no war and a better overall life climate in this impending generation.

FaceBook is a wonderful example of amazing coding, functionality, features and great design. It's different, but for a community made for young adults and teenagers, it's far better.

I must admit, yes, I am among the majority who think myspace is full of Emo wannabes, but some are so...ugh! WTF is with the horizontal scroll bar?!

I just hate the way people copy+paste lines of HTML, without balancing them all out or anything...