V for Vendetta

I watched it on the plane yesterday.

I heard alot but never thought it was worth it.

I was wrong.

It is SOOO worth it.

I love the message being portrayed.

i liked it a lot, i like the intellectual dialogue that V spouts

I have never heard of V as a character , he's obviously dead but did the comic have a lot more too it or was it just a one off story ?

overhyped by the "English Literature" media

i was b0red to death =/

2/5

what, dont like to think? :huh: you have to use your brain for this movie

incredible movie - 5/5

Incredible film, the end scene with the roses and the train - so not to spoil it - was quite moving. It's also nice to see Hollywood producing a film that has a message that some may be uncomfortable with, not worrying too much about the ticket sales and more on the message or entertainment. To be bored by this film, I feel, is to not have an interest in your freedom and liberties to a certain degree. I would have been quite disappointed if they threw too many fight scenes in for the sake of it.

If the marking scheme is out of five: 5/5

what, dont like to think? :huh: you have to use your brain for this movie

incredible movie - 5/5

I know, huh? Must be too difficult to try and understand the movie :no:

I have never heard of V as a character , he's obviously dead but did the comic have a lot more too it or was it just a one off story ?

To be honest, there isn't much in similarities between the book & the film. There's some of the characters (V, Evey, Finch & the ones at Harkhill), and there's the Old Bailey & Jordan Tower scenes.

After that though, there is little that's the same. The novel is much darker - Some of the antagonists are disposed in much darker ways, many of the scenes happen in a different order, no "Egg in the Basket", and it doesn't have a romancised ending (quite the opposite in fact). There's also things in the book that wasn't in the film, such as the FATE computer and more of the complex social relationships within the party.

My advice would be that if you enjoyed the film, find a copy of the graphic novel at a local book shop (Waterstone's at the least in the UK are stocking copies due to the film's popularity). You will enjoy it, but you will see at the V in a much darker light than the film portrayed.

Edited by Jonax

Very few films get me in the mood, and this did, it was exciting, even though it was a bit corny, it was still able to give a serious message across.

I made the mistake to read the comic before i watched the film. The movie is so watered down, it isn't funny anymore.

Looking at the comic you see V portrayed as a highly unique character when it comes to "superheroes", taking ideals to an extreme without losing his sight on the whole picture - killing where needed, while still knowing about his wrongdoing - a necessary evil. Practically he stopped being human and became a tool of the extreme justice he found (through the letters someone passed to him in secret) while being encamped. Well, maybe "justice" is wrong. In the comic you got this one scene where has a monologue with "lady justice", accusing her of betraying him and having found another lover which is the rightwing leader (bush anyone?), praising lady anarchy, which is always true to her word.

So V stands for diversity, freedom - protecting those who are different; and everyone is different, in one or the other way- the right to be yourself.

So he kills to free - soaking up the evil he eradicated. Isn't it only logical that he has to die in the end? He planned everything in advance. Shouldn't he have foreseen his death? There are more than enough hints in the comic to realize that he did. It was the only way to allow "humanity" a new start.

Left the cinema after about 15-20 min. or so cause i couldn't stand how they turned V into a blabbering bafoon.

Try to get your hands on the comic instead, if you can (and want to). And while you're at it, try to get "Watchmen" too, which was written by Alan Moore as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Moore

-Lef

Left the cinema after about 15-20 min. or so cause i couldn't stand how they turned V into a blabbering bafoon.

Try to get your hands on the comic instead, if you can (and want to). And while you're at it, try to get "Watchmen" too, which was written by Alan Moore as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Moore

There's things moving picture can portray better than the still, and vice versa. You should have took it for what it was and watched the whole film. You missed out in my opinion.

I thought it was pretty good in the way it made you think "who's more crazy, their society or V"? :)

I found it original, but perhaps lacking a bit pacing in the middle part of it.

But still rated it 8 of 10 on IMDb, or a 4 here. :)

:film: :film: :film: :film:

Edited by Jugalator

Very few films get me in the mood, and this did, it was exciting, even though it was a bit corny, it was still able to give a serious message across.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I saw this movie recently, and I thought that it was pretty good.

Probably one of the most intelligent movies ever.

While I think it was very good, and quite intelligent, I'd rather call it "original" in this case. :) It's fairly straightforward and I'm not sure I'd rate it above e.g. 2001: A Space Odyssey or 12 Monkeys when it comes to "intelligence". But each to their own; perceived intelligence in a movie is quite subjective. :)