Windows Vista RC1 build is 5600.16384

Hi, According to Winsupersite.com..the official windows vista RC1 build may be 5600.16384...

You can check out in the right side of that webpage, under the column "Releases I'm tracking" , 2006 you can see the Windows Vista RC1 (5600.16384) & Office 2007 Beta 2 Tech Refresh (TR).

So there's going to a new office 2007 build tooo...

Great!

5600 makes sense. They seem to like x600 numbers.

I can't wait for the Office refresh. I really hope Outlook has an updated spam filter.

I really hope Outlook has an updated spam filter.

I'm just hoping that Outlook works. And for Christ's sake, gimme the option to permanently delete IMAP messages without having to purge. I install the Oracle Outlook Connector just to get this feature.

BTW, Paul Thurrott has a lot of interesting news, but how many times has he told us "the build number for RC1 might be XXXX" where XXXX is wildly variable.

thurrots throws out another random build number guess every day he's bound to get one of them right

MS has mentioned the office TR a while ago though. it's going to a patch to beta 2, not a complete new download of the office suite

I doubt it... those look more like concept shots.

Well, concept shots or not, those shots suck. Why would anybody take a picture like that?

Anyway, they look good even if they aren't real.

Highly doubtful, I can make out the 2nd character of the build string == 7. As in for the undetermined RC1 Build number. I can verify from my sources, being in the early adoption program, and A few friends that are coworkers of MS reps. Hints have led toward the Release of RC1 is 5568.16384 at ~ Sept. 7, after on apx. one week of no problems this shall be distributed to the beta testers. Given major problems to be discovered, they will move onto the next escrow build string 557x or more likely a 558x. Beta 2 Keys will work, CPP will be re-opened more than likely for the first 100,000 dl's. How ever, you may be unlikely to activate said product without validation of said credentials via Live and CPP, TAP, EAP, and/or Authorization from MS. Now's the time to stop screwin' round with microsoft, RC1 Should be a release that may have more Anti-Pirate protection upon it. Given you are able to edit present and past builds, an RC is capable of being a very stable release, and acces to WinUpdate or a 3rd party site for updates would diminish the need to purchase a licensed version. Also "Leakers" also be aware of the possibility of watermarking, or the imprinting of genned ID's that can be traced down to your specific account and Access rights. I believe that the Vista Beta should be widely available for the RIGHT reasons, however since people exploit the trust in which MS has implemented within testers, These limitations and laws must be put into use, and carried out.

gl, have fun, enjoy Microsoft Windows Vista!

--vistatester

Those have to be old shots because the search box is missing from the start menu.

I am trying to edit the screenshot in different programs. It looks to be a 578x build? I could be wrong.

Edited by Tem

Those shots look pretty good actually for a new theme, the white taskbar and all that.

or they probably put the search box in another place. for ex, the top right corner?

the icons on the start menu looks like the new Office 2007 icons

Maybe a new theme? :D

Those have to be old shots because the search box is missing from the start menu.

I am trying to edit the screenshot in different programs. It looks to be a 578x build? I could be wrong.

Those shots look pretty good actually for a new theme, the white taskbar and all that.

or they probably put the search box in another place. for ex, the top right corner?

it's an old build. Look at the sidebar, it goes to below the taskbar. A trait of the old series, before they restarted the project.

the icons on the start menu looks like the new Office 2007 icons

Maybe a new theme? :D

Hmmm, those are definitely post-Office 2007 Beta 2 icons. But that just can't be a new Vista build.

it's an old build. Look at the sidebar, it goes to below the taskbar. A trait of the old series, before they restarted the project.

Is this the old login screen? That would pretty much confirm that these are from an old build. It does have the "aurora" background.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95457049@N00/227936239/

Also, "A Girl Like Me" by Rihanna came out in April, 2006 so how would it have ended up on this demo?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95457049@N00/...2/in/datetaken/

Edit: I suppose the obvious, which is that some d00d with access to a post-Beta 2 version of Office 2007 could install an old version of Vista. Even still, something's not adding up...

Edited by boogerjones

Doesn't look like an early build to me and looks like what we've read about the idea of the boot screen and keeping the user amused whilst they are waiting for the PC to become ready. Although it's likely to be fake/concept more than anything as the pictures aren't clear and no-one has screenshotted it etc.

Doesn't look like an early build to me and looks like what we've read about the idea of the boot screen and keeping the user amused whilst they are waiting for the PC to become ready. Although it's likely to be fake/concept more than anything as the pictures aren't clear and no-one has screenshotted it etc.

If only someone could ZOOM in on the Build #. :no:

A white theme!? Oh god yes!

Note the clock isn't there and the sidebar has pushed into that space because of that, does that currently happen?

Note the control panel classic link is no longer at the side wasting a load of room which is a big improvement!

The time is also on the login screen.