Windows Vista RC1 build is 5600.16384

Whether or not that's fake, it does look a bit nicer than the current Aero, to the point where I wouldn't mind using that full-time. Even the flickr images look good, but I suppose it's nothing more than either an old build or an OS skin.

Depends what you define as fake. Microsoft made that but they made it in director and it was never a real build. The reason it has never been implemented correctly is that they couldn't manage exactly what they wanted to do.

ok... whoever took these photos must have an A+ in acrobatics... some of the angles are so hideous...

anyway, I think this is BS - there's lots of elements of old PDC builds in there... plus I think its a step back in the direction... also notice how there is hardly any "Glass" references, etc...

It also is a possiblity that some one got their hands on an internal build(old) and office 2007 beta 2 TR and shot those logon screens/boot screens from a longhorn trans. pack on the same computer(same monitor). It would explain the dated sidebar however not the new start button.

Also on a side note since the February CTP (5308) http://www.winsupersite.com/images/showcas...ta_5308_096.jpg, Vista betas have had the same main control panel layout with system maintaince on the top left user accounts and family saftey on the top right. The screen shot posing to be RC1 has the same layout as far as i can see. http://www.flickr.com/photos/95457049@N00/228851691/

Edited by pyro7469

Hmm, we need to find out who this person is and contact them, however microsoft cannot hold a secret like this.. There is somthing odd about this.

Edit after looking at them more, these are no more than photoshop fakes,

my theory..

used old longhorn build pics, edited with vista windows..

Edited by micro

If this are fake ones, MS should hire the guy responsible for them.

They are very good.

Could it be that this is a new WindowBlinds for Vista?

Strange thing is that the wallpaper is not a "vista".

If this are fake ones, MS should hire the guy responsible for them.

They are very good.

Could it be that this is a new WindowBlinds for Vista?

Strange thing is that the wallpaper is not a "vista".

Like Tom W said earlier, they're probably not fake, but concepts of what Microsoft originally thought Vista would look like. Sort of like a visual roadmap for the developers to go by. At least, that's my take on it.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...amp;p=587837572

I personally think they are fakes, and not Microsoft mockups. The reason they are not old mockups is because they display recent albums, etc. But, I think they aren't Microsoft because they just seem too late in development to be implemented. Everything literally has changed.

Also, the logged in user name is displayed as Mikey, but at the logon screen his name isn't there. Also, it has not leaked, because there would be more than that.

Also, when checking the image size, and then googling the image size, http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=352+x+288. That image size is a common resolution of so many webcams. The quality of the images remind of a webcam.

it has a new widget

diamond = white? theme??

yell all you want about aurora

aurora looks like its realbut nothign special thought it looked like it was moving at the login but its just the angles

and that white look like diamond

that song was april 2006 and the widget is the WMP

your dumb not to notice it

use the slide show

also it keeps zooming in on thing that are different such as has anybody picked up the theme has no buttons for start minimize or close

some pictures look like it has the buttons but why focus on the windows that dont hmm ..

edit

every windows has a aurora pane now and some windows have huge glass title bars like the old theme

all these icons are up to date

Edited by 1Way Jonny

without any direct evidence to back it up it all points to someone with photoshop skills.

it has a new widget

diamond = white? theme??

yell all you want about aurora

aurora looks like its realbut nothign special thought it looked like it was moving at the login but its just the angles

and that white look like diamond

that song was april 2006 and the widget is the WMP

your dumb not to notice it

use the slide show

also it keeps zooming in on thing that are different such as has anybody picked up the theme has no buttons for start minimize or close

some pictures look like it has the buttons but why focus on the windows that dont hmm ..

edit

every windows has a aurora pane now and some windows have huge glass title bars like the old theme

all these icons are up to date

One thing I noticed that I don't think anybody here has commented on.. the windows have an aurora effect just below the title bar. This reminds me of the UI I saw at PDC03, it had some spinning 3d icons (like the one in the start menu) and it had moving aurora effects in the windows themselves ! Both of those things are present in these shots.

Aurora in window:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95457049@N00/230134688/

We know its not how Vista will look at release, but maybe it will be Vienna, or maybe a theme MS is working on to make downloadable at a later time(ie: Energy bliss).

without any direct evidence to back it up it all points to someone with photoshop skills.

do you think i care about direct evidence?

you dont think i know about the confusion if its comign or not?

people are so negative it kills

i liek vista now i dont care about the other stuff

but thats alot of photoshop

lol lord

another angry fanboy...

are there any adults in this forum or just kids?

do you think i care about direct evidence?

you dont think i know about the confusion if its comign or not?

people are so negative it kills

i liek vista now i dont care about the other stuff

but thats alot of photoshop

lol lord

another angry fanboy...

are there any adults in this forum or just kids?

you retards are really ****ing me off

did you even read the thread i was saying how they could be real

i dont have direct evidence

i was commenting on its features in the screenshots

AND said i like how it is now

im a fanboy how? i use linux and windows

i am an adult

i make a comment about the screen shot and asked questions about the differences and i get a bunch of trolls saying how i think its coming starting a thread war

im not sure if its coming nor do i care this much i posted ONCE, now im battling thread cops and trolls

and im the fanboy???

you guys are amazing

TEXT has no emotions, its how you read it.... read my first post again with out the estrogen

and stop crying

you retards are really ****ing me off

did you even read the thread i was saying how they could be real

i dont have direct evidence

i was commenting on its features in the screenshots

AND said i like how it is now

im a fanboy how? i use linux and windows

i am an adult

i make a comment about the screen shot and asked questions about the differences and i get a bunch of trolls saying how i think its coming starting a thread war

im not sure if its coming nor do i care this much i posted ONCE, now im battling thread cops and trolls

and im the fanboy???

you guys are amazing

TEXT has no emotions, its how you read it.... read my first post again with out the estrogen

and stop crying

LOL. Nice little online fit you just had. :laugh:

And I think it's pretty obvious that these screenshots are fakes.

Don't know if anybody saw this, the suposed screen shots of RC1 are on Longhorn blogs now http://www.longhornblogs.com/robert/archiv...dows_Vista.aspx I have to agree with one point that has been made that Microsoft did mention before that they had a few UI secrets.

I like his reasoning on why it could be legit and why it could be fake:

Reasons why I think they could be legit:

• If it IS a hoax, it's a pretty elaborate one. IMO, the quality of certain elements seems too professional to be fake.
  • Microsoft has been hinting that there is still more to come in the UI department for quite a while now.
  • The gadgets in the sidebar are in the current builds (save for the Media Player one).
  • Some of the screenshots contain visual elements and styles that I've seen before but can't discuss further.
  • The "Documents" menu shows the real Office 2007 document icons.
  • I can't sharpen the pictures enough to read the text with certainty, but the built text in the corner appears to read: "Windows Vista ____ <new line> Evaluation Only. 570X_____________________"
  • I want them to be real (hey, that can be a reason, can't it?)

Reasons I think it they could be fake:

• The person went through all this trouble to get these, and not ONE clear picture of a build number?
  • They COULD be pictures from a monitor, intentionally adjusted to appear to be projected onto a screen (the one on the end of the second row has weird banding)
  • There is absolutely no EXIF information in the file (not sure if flickr wipes this out on upload or not)
  • A lot of the training content for Vista has already been generated (including videos in the new Help section), and I don't know that MS would spring a brand new UI like this at the last minute.

I have to disagree with that guys inturpration that the built text in the corner appears to read: "Windows Vista ? ____ <new line> Evaluation Only. 570X_____________________" Unless someone can sharpen the image so that it can be read.