Windows Vista RC1 build is 5600.16384

it looks awesome, i really hope that, that IS the RC1. The Boot Up screen looks legit and the welcome screen too. In addition, Control Panel looks quite new (as far as I remember they recently changed all the icons). The only thing is, where is the back and foward buttons and the min, max and close buttons, we can barely seem them and they dont look that good. Furthermore, why would somebody take pictures like that, when obviously the camera was moved, so why isnt there a straight shot of the screen. Perhaps its the basic theme or something.

wait.. wtf?? some parts look real nice. I hope its a taste of things to come in RC1.

Oh, and who cares when Rihanna's album got released. They got ABBA there.

EDIT: oh and about the camera angles, either ms is screwing with us, or the person taking the pics was doing so forcibly. (like someone was preventing him/her from doin that)

Newsgroups are forbidden to be shared...

I'm trying to find one with the new cursor clearly, that would really prove it's something really new!

Photos are way to bad quality. Even with PhotoZoom Pro i can't make anything of the build number nor the cursor.

qoute from NG

"Nope. Not sure what that screenshot is of, but it's not RC1, and there

won't be any new interface/UI."

Entered by some guy @ MS

This was in reply to somebody posting the link to those pictures in the news groups

Those concept shots look far nicer than what Vista looks like right now. :shifty:

I agree that Vista is ugly right now, but I don't think these screens look any better. I'm voting fake, but we'll see.

There are many ways to see if it's vista:

-Cursor

-Blurred windows (WindowBlinds can't blur yet)

-Sidebar

But still what are those bootscreens and the logon? they look quite new to me.

they're fake look at how badly the person taking the images is trying to hide the start icon ... white theme are you kidding me after this long... the my music or whatever look like the old major new user-friendly look they were trying to do with 4xxx and pre beta 1 5048 area builds. also the sidebar just looks like that freeware one you can download modified to look like 4074's sidebar so basicly im saying no this isnt RC1 by far if anything its some mod of XP or early longhorn build someones taken the time to waste re skinning ir or somthing....

well we cant see the cursors clearly and isnt there a sidebar for XP.

Though, why would somebody waste their time on fakes like that...maybe they are concept shots. Even though, The boot up looks very good, even though in the earlier builds, when u go to msconfig you click NO GUI BOOT the Boot screen looks similiar to that one, only faded.

So is it a new build or not?

I have sad news. Those screenshots are not of RC1. Sadly there will be no change. :cry:

For a second there I had a hope Vista Aero was actually going to look like what I would have liked.