Vista RC1 Public Version

Mmm... I wonder if they have removed the stupid 512MB Ram restriction...

yay 955KB/s...

Can't seem to find Office 2007 B2TR

Explain...

In Build 5536 i couldn't install because i don't have 512MB Ram... It won't even let me try. It just sais: Windows Vista requires 512MB Ram, and you have only 288MB Ram. Setup will not start.

Maybe they've removed the deny and made it a warning...

In Build 5536 i couldn't install because i don't have 512MB Ram... It won't even let me try. It just sais: Windows Vista requires 512MB Ram, and you have only 288MB Ram. Setup will not start.

Well these builds will die on a system with 512 MB RAM anyway. It will be improved for the final build(s), though.

I wouldnt even let my grandmother's, brother's, sister's, third cousin use a system with 288mb of ram. I would chunk it out the window and buy them a new box. people dont deserve to suffer so badly in life

I wouldnt even let my grandmother's, brother's, sister's, third cousin use a system with 288mb of ram. I would chunk it out the window and buy them a new box. people dont deserve to suffer so badly in life

Well if you want to buy me a new pc... (Can't upgrade: Motherboard can only handle up to 320MB... No512...)

I'm quite desperate :(

Well if you want to buy me a new pc... (Can't upgrade: Motherboard can only handle up to 320MB... No512...)

I'm quite desperate :(

It reaches a point where if you are going to drop a few hundred dollars on a new OS, you might want to consider upgrading the base system first. :)

If you look hard enough... :whistle:

I know but I'm downloading it pretty good through that akamai download thing. Right now its dling about 600-900k. Only got about 15 mins left to go.

Downloading @ realtime because I already have it. :s

Anyone having troubling downloading?: Try using Internet Download Manager 5.05. It has a 90% success rate. (Y)

I used RC1 for about a week then switched back to XP. Still too much incompatibility, still too much memory usage, and still too many driver problems. The list goes on.

Maybe I'm cynical, but to be fair this has been in development for 5 years. :pinch:

Alright, it's installed on my Macbook, I am looking at the black screen right now, hmmm.. come on

2mins

Oh, "PLEASE WAIT a moment while Windows prepares to start for the first time"

30sec

yes, yes getting closer to the desktop...

hmm, if you look at it, you can see the dots/peroids, growing.................

1min

OMG, it's booting up, i see 5600 on the right bottem corner.

it's a black screen and it's back into the install screen. "completing installation"....

alright, the macbooks fans are being run at full speed right now,

3min

alright, it blinks, i think it's installing video drivers, and etc....

2mins

alright, it's back on the black screen, with the mouse curser, and the the build number and etc on the far right corner.

20secs

ok another one, just black screen.....

...2min

alright i tpyed in password and user name,

and selected time zone...

"SMART, MEET BEATUTIFUL"

lol... it checking computer performance...

5min, and WELCOME, preparing your desktop....

alright thats about it guys,

im'a play around wiht this..

lol i did this all real time also