Vista RC2 released

ok guys....does anyone know how i can get my sound blaster audigy 2 ZS to work with vista build 5744...i really would like sound to work

If it's the x86 version, simply install the beta Audigy 2 ZS drivers from Creative (yes, they work; I use them with RC2 here).

What I wish that was in this RC2 bulid was the option to save your themes. meaning you picked your own color, brightness, tint etc for the glass, save it under a name and have a option to pick it later...

Does this version have those new maximised colours?

Because I dont notice any difference.

If you look here the default theme looks somewhat lighter.

On this monitor they look different (haven't installed RC2 yet though). Try playing around with those brightness and contrast controls.

I have a few questions about RC2 x64

Does battlefield 2 still drop in FPS about every 40 seconds?

How are the nvidia drivers that come with RC2? Are they good for gaming? do they have problems on dual monitors, because I know the 96.33 did.

Nice build. A lot of games that on previous builds didn't run at all now seem to run but a bit slower than xp. Also I noticed that there's a new version of daemon tools that works on vista.Most of the drivers where installed straight from the start except the audio ones which where installed via windows update,even with some extra software.

I think there are more high res icons.

What I wish that was in this RC2 bulid was the option to save your themes. meaning you picked your own color, brightness, tint etc for the glass, save it under a name and have a option to pick it later...

It is there. I have already done it.

At this point, Vista's developers will focus on eliminating bugs, which must number less than 500 in the final release. Currently, RC2 has more then 1400 known bugs. This should make the RTM faster, safer, and more stable than RC2.

If its anything like best2, it will be a flop.

Beta 2 was feature complete, but RC1 was the first with hardware-capatibilities beyond normal branding. RC2 is a HUGE improvement and feels nothing like Beta 2.

Vista seems to be set, it's just the drivers that need working on. :pinch:

Exactly!! I am still waiting for a RC2 driver for my sound card. :angry:

I just installed it last night and I really like it so far. It feels pretty snappy and I love the interface and the aero glass thingy. I guess the only gripe is gaming performance but I guess you'll have that in a beta. Very nice.

Yep, also installed it last night, very enjoyable OS.

What a world of difference compared to the version i tried several months ago.

Just having some minor problems, the default nvidia driver isn't the best (but it's a beta so that doesnt matter much), and some problems with wmp11 + divx encoded films. (using BSplayer (low mem) or media center (high mem) works fine though.)

But overall it's extremely nice.

Edited by .:res:.