Vista RC2 released

Single HD in raid 0?

ya, with the Nforce raid technology you can set up a single HD in raid 0, then add another HD to the array without having to reformat. My comp came that way, so I left it. But normally I would have just gone with a normal 1 hd setup, and done raid later if I got 2 identical drives

Not to sound negative, but who gives a ****; Zone Alarm is an a-grade cpu hogging, resource sprawling piece of crap; there is nothing wrong with the Microsoft Firewall; suck it in, accept that the default firewall is acceptable and stop being such a tosser....in all due respect.

chill dude. So what if I use zone alarm?

Its a POS that causes two truck loads of problems - almost a certaintity that you'll be the type of guy who will come back here, complaining about incompatibility problems between half-baked third party tools and how Microsoft is the root of all evil.

Last time I used ZoneAlarm, they had that OS Firewall that severely hosed Windows XP's performance.

It's your choice if you prefer ZA. But until then, it's not MS's problem ZA doesn't work.

Well as far as WMP goes, Vista RC1 was better. Twice WMP has been playing music, and for some strange resin, the whole screen goes black. Music keeps playing, but cant get back to windows destop or anything for that matter. Had to press the restart button on the computer twice now. They mite wana actully start fixing bugs now lol.

Its a new video hardware error, there looking into it. They better do lol.

post-128946-1160210060_thumb.jpg

Edited by windows95isg8

They worked fine for my x600 mobile ...granted, they have always worked :yes:

Are there any new ATI gfx driver included in RC2?

And could you check if Monitor Standby mode is working properly. Previously the back light remain on even the monitor is still in Standby mode.

Not to sound negative, but who gives a ****; Zone Alarm is an a-grade cpu hogging, resource sprawling piece of crap; there is nothing wrong with the Microsoft Firewall; suck it in, accept that the default firewall is acceptable and stop being such a tosser....in all due respect.

"there is nothing wrong with the Microsoft Firewall", LMAO!!!! the default firewall sucks, you must no nothing about firewalls!

Zonealarm is a great firewall, a few too many resources, but no-where near as much as norton crap. using nod32, zonealarm, spybot, adaware and you wont have any problems.

symantec antivirus for vista is on the net, prob your best bet for an antivirus at the moment until better more stable ones are released.

Great. According to the newsgroups Aero Glass is now deactivated if you have 'only' 512 MBytes RAM or less... ah well, Vista Classic runs faster than Aero anyway.

Considering this is just more updates but none of the predicted new stuff, I think I might wait till RTM and give it a fair try then.

Will be interesting to see how the released version compares in performance, etc to some of the earlier builds, and RC1 and 5728 that I tried!

2 great things about rc2 so far....

sound works in pro evo 5. this has never worked on any previous build that i've tried.

and virtual clone drive works straight out the box. no messing about with cdrom.sys like you had to with the previous build.

:)

This is the first build thats worked for me. No more error 43 and Aero working fine right from first boot! :D

Yep. I'm going to give Vista one more chance with this RC2 build.. if it still has Code 43 then I'm not trying it again until SP1 (I realize that's not going to come out until late 2007 at earliest... but still)

They worked fine for my x600 mobile ...granted, they have always worked :yes:

i wanted to ask if the Monitor Standby issues has been resolved yet? The problem is the back light is always on even it is in standby mode.

compatibiltyissuejz5.jpg

nogoam3.jpg

Got this when begining install

adaware SE works

guys AVG does install on build 5744 just not on the first go. when u install it and the error msg comes up just ignore it and reboot and on the 2nd go it will intall fine.

im using it now

compatibiltyissuejz5.jpg

nogoam3.jpg

Got this when begining install

adaware SE works

AVG does install on rc2 but just not on the first go... when the error msg comes up just ignore it and reboot and try again and it will work fine then.

So far 5744 seems very snappy. The install was very fast and i haven't had explorer crash yet and I've been using it all day. The only problems im having are with installing programs. Here is a list of the ones im having problems with.

1. Nero 7.5.1.1

2. Kaspersky Antivirus

3. Logitech QuickCam 4000

4. Bluetooth Drivers for my Nokia 6230i

5. WDDM driver for my Intel 915gm video card

Everything else seems to install without any problems. So if MS could fix these problems I would be ready to move to it full time.

Hey,

this is a big thread so I haven't bothered reading every page. Im trying to find out how stable is Vista RC2? How far along is it?

Last time I used it, it crashed all the time, couldn't install almoast anything, and so on.

Thanks.

Why are they not testing any of the other languages? All I ever see each release is English, German and Japanese? Isn't RTM suppposed to have 30 languages built in or what?

Are they not testing the other languages? Every release I only see English, German or Japanese? I thought RTM was supposed to have 30 languages integrated?

Why are they not testing the other languages? Every release there is only the English, German and Japanese? Isn't RTM supposed to have 30 languages integrated?

Why are they not testing the other languages? Every release there is only the English, German and Japanese? Isn't RTM supposed to have 30 languages integrated?

Why the **** isn't anything getting posted in this thread?