Vista RC2 released

Wow! with RC2 I didn't need my motherboard's driver to see my Raid Drives in the installation, and the installation process was a bit faster too.

Wow! with RC2 I didn't need my motherboard's driver to see my Raid Drives in the installation, and the installation process was a bit faster too.

I have Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-250 MCE. I couldn't find driver for that in build 5728 x64 edition. Does anyone using x64 know whether that card working in build 5744? Thanks. I am using 32bit version and I don't have any problem yet.

Hey,

this is a big thread so I haven't bothered reading every page. Im trying to find out how stable is Vista RC2? How far along is it?

Last time I used it, it crashed all the time, couldn't install almoast anything, and so on.

Thanks.

Short version,

Very stable... i actually installed it on my main desktop for the first time ever (usually just test on my laptop)

Very quick and very responsive. It seems to be as quick as XP at this point (maybe I am making that up...)

I have only run into one program that will not install (Ultramon for dual monitor taskbars) ...otherwise everything is installing without a single problem :yes:

How do we uninstall it? I'm having lots of problems with it and XP doesn't appear anymore - I didn't upgrade, don't get me wrong on this.

How about you wait longer than 4 minutes next time before you post again, smart guy :blink: :angry:

Download this, install it. It gives you an option to uninstall the Vista bootloader...

https://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=35419

Edited by xxdesmus

My my, so much has happen in my absence... :laugh: . Does anyone know any burner besides Nero 6 that can be used on Windows Vista Build 5728 as my Nero 6 can't burn my ISO at the moment. Would appreciate if someone could give a little help here. Thank you :yes: .

Scirwode

"there is nothing wrong with the Microsoft Firewall", LMAO!!!! the default firewall sucks, you must no know nothing about firewalls!

Yeah, it sucks doesn't it? :rolleyes:

windowsfirewallro3.th.png

Just because it has a simple user interface for newbies doesn't mean it sucks. There's this ^^ that seems equivalent to third party firewalls.

installed but my TV card doesn't work in MCE. I just get a no signal all the time even though there is a signal :s it used to work fine on all other betas

Man.. sorry for the double or tripple post... I don't mean to bash on it like an ass, but I really don't see my messages on this topic.. :s there's something wrong with the code maybe

"there is nothing wrong with the Microsoft Firewall", LMAO!!!! the default firewall sucks, you must no nothing about firewalls!

Zonealarm is a great firewall, a few too many resources, but no-where near as much as norton crap. using nod32, zonealarm, spybot, adaware and you wont have any problems.

symantec antivirus for vista is on the net, prob your best bet for an antivirus at the moment until better more stable ones are released.

Dont make me laugh please...

I shudder at the thought that "testers" who should in theory know more than my mother about computers uses any of the rubbish you mention.

using nod32, zonealarm, spybot, adaware and you wont have any problems.

Classic...

I've been downloading for the last 12 hours and it still says it has 22 hours to go :wacko:

Mine was going really slow with the download from connect.

But because I'm a paid up CPP as well, I got it from the direct link and it downloaded nice and quick.

Boot from your xp cd and enter in recovery console.

then try this:

1st - Fixboot

2nd - Fixmbr

3rd - Exit and Reboot

4st - Finally edit Boot.ini and delete line with "Longhorn" or "Vista" on it and delete the folder Vista resides in.

when in xp, delete the vista partition

Psykx, this thread is messed up so you're not alone. Post #555 is the last one that can be seen unless you reply.

I had that same trouble with the ATI driver on my 9800 Pro. It installed the non-wddm driver by default and I got that same strange blue screen ( not a BSOD) and a reboot. I had to manually change to the wddm driver in device manager but now I have no Aero.

i'm having the same problem with the nvidia drivers too. Currently the driver "installs" but doesn't work. Run dxdiag and you'll see it's not detecting a directx video card

Anyone having problems with Nvidia drivers? Crap support for Nvidia drives.... Crap.... It's like 52XX version all over again!!!