Neowin.net Xbox Community Leaderboards

Wow, Bioshock and the rest of the gang had completely knocked the Orange Box off my radar. Still, I think I'll only be getting a lot of points from that game if I can keep up with people on TF2 and there are a decent amount of achievements for it. I almost never finish FPSs and just watching the Portal videos makes my head hurt.

Oh, and besides running out of steam (heh, just noticed the pun), I've also run out of free time and money (damn layoffs replaced by 2nd shift jobs). I can't let Team Neowin down, though, so I'll have to suck it up and just GameFly a bunch of titles.

The sad thing is that I've had NFS: Most Wanted sitting here for a few months now and I don't even have a "0" score on that game yet. There are a few other unfinished titles of mine that I could probably get a couple of thousands points with, also. I guess I just don't have the urge to gain more gamerpoints right now...

know exactly what you mean re: time and money, and it sucks, i know. sorry to hear about your job situation. i'm sure it'll get better. but wouldn't gaming make you feel better at a time like this when you're a bit stressed?

not feeling like it is simply no excuse! gamefly or BB will do just fine, you don't need to buy every single title that comes out.

as for the orange box...will all editions have HL2 in there? if that's the case i think it'll be pointless for many of us, since we have it on the PC, as well as episode one, no? TF2 should be great but does it warrant the price?

Haha, yeah gaming definitely helps the stress. I think I'm gonna have to hook my VGA switch back up, though, because my other half seems to have fallen in love with my 40" Sammy. :( By the time I get control of the TV I don't really feel like playing anymore. That's why you've probably seen me posting mostly between 11pm and 3am nowadays...

As far as TF2: If I have personal friends playing regularly and I get as much playing time out of it like I have with BF2 (200+ hours), then it's well worth the money for that game alone. :yes: Thankfully (or unfortunately) I've never played the full version of HL2 so I'll be getting a great value with the Orange Box. I'm going to give Portal a try but don't expect me to post about my very unsuccessful attempts of being even mediocre at that game. :laugh:

That being said, I'm gonna up my goal to 13,100 by Halo 3 :) :p

Edit: Why does my sig only show up on rare occasions? I don't even get the "--------------" part??

dnast, the signatures are on/off always. mine too, same thing.

i'd advise you to choose gaming over TV watchin any day of the week, but yes, at nite when it's all nice and quiet i know it's tempting to just channel hop. i sometimes miss those days, before basically quitting TV.

but anyway, TF2 should be good once we get it on the 360 cept it'll be orange box only, right? guess that excludes me. if you didn't play HL2 yet then for sure go for it, it'll be nice to have that huge collection of good stuff just waiting for you. don't worry about finding people to do TF2, there will lots.

yeah great, 13.1K. again, that's not even a challenge, you can get that this weekend!

slane: i suggest you literally sit down and plan out how you're going to get those, it'll be a massive undertaking. i've had my machine for over nine months now and still not even close to 10K. go figure.

and we're only at 41K total achievements...aiya thought we were closer to the fifty thou mark. it'll be a challenge, no doubt.

slane: i suggest you literally sit down and plan out how you're going to get those, it'll be a massive undertaking. i've had my machine for over nine months now and still not even close to 10K. go figure.

Well the end of this year would be a year for me. And I didn't seriously start playing till March of this year. So I know I can do it. Just got to set time for it. School, work, raiding (WoW), and 360 time. Just got to make schedule. Knock out all the easy ones first and then get the harder ones later.

No, that's what rentals are for. :D

Rentals are expensive over here.

I'm not sure I could bring myself to playing awful or something I didn't enjoy, just for the score.

I guess it's just me.

Do many of you guys buy games for the sole purpose of earning points?

I don't get it.

I do. I buy games that'll I enjoy (whether or not they give easy points) and usually rent games to get my score up. I love the idea of points, personally I want to eventually have every game/arcade title that I've played completed. It gives even more meaning to the game than play, beat the campaign on hardest setting, get burnt out on MP and done with it. I'll beat the game, and go back through get all the points, adds more value to the game IMO. Of course you have like 20ish titles that are just plain easy to get a full 1K on that you just rent to boost your score, and sometimes you enjoy those games. I dunno, I find the whole achievement system awesome and challenging.

I'm currently sitting at 44%GS completion. Which isn't too bad. I think once I finish Forza 2 (rest of career and the million online), King Kong (need to re-rent), Crackdown (orbs and street races), The Darkness (250 wins in MP and some career), and possibly Enchanted Arms, Ninety-Nine Nights, and Prey (need online boost partner) I'll be up at the 55-60% mark which would be awesome to have. Not including all the releases that are coming I plan on getting, which will only add to my score. :)

Completed XBLA: 2 / 7

Completed Retail: 6 / 29

Need to finish Uno and Boom Boom Rocket.

jonny that a mean question to ask around here. the answer for me is no, i don't buy games i don't want just for points. but when i buy a game i want the points are a neat added bonus, for sure.

EDIT: slane, 44 percent ain't bad at all. keep going.

Well I just passed 5000 because of BioShock :)

I don't really care too much about GS (I've only gotten 1000 on one game - Oblivion), but it's nice to see it go up.

congrats and stop living in denial.

:p Nicely said. I used to think that gamerscore wouldn't matter too much but now I can't wait until I get to 10K (500 left :D)

why the quiet? we seem to have some keen competition going on right now, even magik and larry are giving it their best for a change!

ok so the goal has been set: 50K achievements by Dec 1. if we fail, ya'll buy me a pint of Honkers Ale at the first neowin convention (each).

Yeah, finally made it back to the Top 25 thanks to Bioshock's Little Sisters.

It's funny the differences between players are so small in the 12K range: one achievements and presto: 2 places up or down.

yeah it's a bit ironic, really. but the mid range, around 8-15K is really competitive as Vyk noted. it's tooth and nail all around. as for Michael, i have a hunch that's exactly where you'll be staying ;)

but the competition is heating up, gotta be the holiday build up. each man to himself i say.