OMG, I got a warning! Now what?

Yes, the warn bar is shown for you regardless if you have any warnings or not. 0% means 0.

ok thanks, I was just curious because I have one and a lot of other people dont.

You can't see others warning. Only staff members can see it.

• 2 weeks later...
I did get a PM, but on most other forums I can actually read the notes as well.

The warn logs have been heavily modified from the average IPB log. They link to threads only staff have access too... so you really aren't missing much in the logs.

The thread linked in the warn log contains the PM sent, reason for warn, actual post, and any staff discussion afterwards. (our checks and balance system).

• 1 month later...

I'm curious about the current warning system. Are staff required to send you a PM stating why the warn was issued?

yes.

Thanks for the quick reply! I guess the policy has changed since 2005. I was once warned, back then, for a reason unknown to me.

PM Sent

Thank you, sir. I can finally rest at ease now (just kidding).

I have ''u-hum'' warning for calling another user a moron. I got done twice by the same mod.

However that was over 1 year ago and only 20% went after 6 months and the other is still there.

I also got done by another mod and booked twice for the same offence and that was 7 months ago, so why do I still have them?

Your warn level goes down by 20% every six months after the latest warn. You can be a day away from having your warn level reduced but if you receive another warning that six months will reset.

• 4 months later...