NHL Hockey Thread

Why is Khabibulin so bad recently (this year and last)? Was the move from Tampa to Chicago enough to make him "teh suck" or what? Was it surgery? Just being 33/34?

He used to be an elite goaltender. He no longer seems like the "Bulin Wall". Was he overrated when he played in TB? Would that team have made anyone look good?

I was ready to reply "Where have you been?" when I read the first 6 words of your post, then you included last year as well. lol

Chicago doesn't have a good defense, and hasn't had a good defense for a little while. Hence why they drafted Cam Barker a few years ago (not that he's a bad pick by any means). Khabi's not overrated, Chicago just sucks. Tampa Bay had a fairly good defense when they won the Cup, too.

Damnnnn

Toronto, Montreal, and Carolina are all tied for the 8th playoff spot...it's good that the leafs have an extra game at hand in their favour, its going to be a race to the finish!

The avs won again last night, 5-1 against the Oilers. Lets hope they keep this up and Calgary continue to suck (even though they won against Detroit).

Oilers are done, I think there coach won't be there next year, that team needs some serious rebuilding. Calgary is probably going to edge out Colorado for the final spot.

Canucks won yesterday, Luongo for MVP!

Here's to hoping for the Avs to slide in at the last minute!!!

They're only 4 points behind the Flames now, so it's definitely possible.

With Montreal's and NYI's wins, the Leafs are now back in 11th place and they are facing Buffalo twice this weekend.

Well, it was nice while the party lasted. Call me unfaithful but I don't predict a sweep over Buffalo.

Well so far, Toronto lost last night, and will hopefully lose agian tonight. Montreal is facing Washington and if they don't win they don't deserve to make the playoffs although I am worried with such an extended losing streak Washington will come out hard. Carolina is up against the Sharks which bodes well for montreal. Unfortunately New York Islanders are playing Philli, but perhaps they can come out strong....

The Rangers have been on fire lately. This is very different from last year. I hope they can keep this up for the rest of this season and into the playoffs.

TSN screws up Perrault's goal (Toronto 5 Carolina 1).

Somebody pressed the wrong button and we were looking at another arena. They then displayed "We're having technical difficulties" before resuming the action.

However, they missed Yannic Perrault's goal. It was 4-1 when they screwed up.

What I don't get is that TSN wants to charge extra for their HD Channel. CBC games are broadcast on their HD channel. Sportsnet's games are broadcast on their HD channel. TSN's games that are broadcast on their regular definition channel are not available in HD unless you pay more. :s

I'd subscribe to Leafs TV before I would bother with TSN-HD. Actually, if we could truly pick and choose our stations (without packages) then I might just do that.

Perhaps comparing TSN with HNIC isn't fair. I'd still much rather watch the Sportsnet.ca crew then watch TSN. Plus their SportsNet HD channel is free. Why gives TSN the nerve?

Huge night for montreal, Panthers won keeping tampa bay where they are, Leafs did the same to Carolina. Now the leafs just need to choke till their next game that they could benefit the Habs by losing... Also NY islanders losing was huge too. Still, most of the teams have a game in hand but it is still looking decent. Oh yeah.. and Montreal won!

It was a fantastic game, but the Habs definitely stopped trying once they were 3 ahead letting the Rangers bring it back within 1. Oh well 6-4 in the end!

TSN screws up Perrault's goal (Toronto 5 Carolina 1).

Somebody pressed the wrong button and we were looking at another arena. They then displayed "We're having technical difficulties" before resuming the action.

However, they missed Yannic Perrault's goal. It was 4-1 when they screwed up.

What I don't get is that TSN wants to charge extra for their HD Channel. CBC games are broadcast on their HD channel. Sportsnet's games are broadcast on their HD channel. TSN's games that are broadcast on their regular definition channel are not available in HD unless you pay more. :s

I'd subscribe to Leafs TV before I would bother with TSN-HD. Actually, if we could truly pick and choose our stations (without packages) then I might just do that.

Perhaps comparing TSN with HNIC isn't fair. I'd still much rather watch the Sportsnet.ca crew then watch TSN. Plus their SportsNet HD channel is free. Why gives TSN the nerve?

CBC's HD quality sucks. If you have Center-Ice, or have watched FoxSportsNet(FSN) HD, or VS HD, you will see a huge difference between the quality of the two. Though HD is always good, CBC must have a lower resolution.

Huge night for montreal, Panthers won keeping tampa bay where they are, Leafs did the same to Carolina. Now the leafs just need to choke till their next game that they could benefit the Habs by losing... Also NY islanders losing was huge too. Still, most of the teams have a game in hand but it is still looking decent. Oh yeah.. and Montreal won!

It was a fantastic game, but the Habs definitely stopped trying once they were 3 ahead letting the Rangers bring it back within 1. Oh well 6-4 in the end!

I don't think it was a case of "not trying" in the 3rd. There was that one shift early where Jagr-Nylander were dancing circles in our zone while Higgins and Kostitsyn were somehow stuck with Lapierre instead of Plekanec. It was just disarray. That lead to 2 quick Rangers goals, but can you blame Halak or the Habs? Those shots must have ping ponged through every players' legs, skates, arm and shoulder and found their way in. You could tell halak had no idea where the puck was.

4pt night for Koivu.

I'm also loving Kostitsyn more and more every game. When he was drafted he was touted to be a scorer, but man, does he have some soft hands. He's just been feeding Plekanec and Higgins since his last call up. The scary thing is that we still havent seen much of his lethal shot. He possesses one wicked release.

Here's to hoping for the Avs to slide in at the last minute!!!

They're only 4 points behind the Flames now, so it's definitely possible.

If the Flames get 4 more points, the Avs are out of the playoffs.

Oh yeahhhh!

Montreal Loses, Carolina Loses, NY Islanders lose.

Great news for Toronto (Y) come on guys keep flopping :D

I'm sorry but with 5 games to go and it being so tight like this I am forced to hate you guys.