Screenshots from the latest Leopard build

I'm pretty sure the top secret things are something more than that, but it's a good start. I like their anti-phishing thing, even though it's a Mac and it doesn't actually need it compared to Windows, except for fraudulent sites and they appear in big numbers on the net...

As for the scrollbars, I think they can change a framework and it changes them for all of the applications, so as long as they use tiger's framework, we'll see aqua scrollbars.

My being in the current condition I'm in (the flu, on top of Fibromyalgia), my mind sometimes takes funny twists and turns around subjects.

As I was looking at the color & shape of many of the UI elements of Leopard, I finally (in my sickness-induced mental menaderings) figured out why I dislike the whole current OS X UI....

...It reminds me too much of the color and consistancy of a suppository.

Sorry - had to say it...but isn't usually the Apple folks that traipse over to the Windows forums and nit-pick on Vista?

Just trying to balance-out the equation :whistle:

--ScottKin

Sorry - had to say it...but isn't usually the Apple folks that traipse over to the Windows forums and nit-pick on Vista?

Just trying to balance-out the equation :whistle:

--ScottKin

I'm really not sure where you get your information. It sounds to me like a significant number of windows users are complaining about Vista. And you're knocking OSX in order to "balance out the equation?" Isn't that trolling?

Color and consistency of a suppository? They come in many colors. And the medications consist of the same things as oral medications, so I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean.

And why do you put your username and the end of each post? It already gets attached to every single post you make.

As for the scrollbars, I think they can change a framework and it changes them for all of the applications, so as long as they use tiger's framework, we'll see aqua scrollbars.

All mayor Aqua elements, including the scroll bars, are contained by Extras.rsrc located in the System folder.

--ScottKin

I very much doubt Mac OS X users started all the "Is that fugly solid black bar on top of maximized windows supposed to be there?!"-threads in the Vista subforum (just to give an example). So as far as I can tell mostly the Windows users here on Neowin complain about Windows Vista's Aero interface.

Edited by Neowave

@Neowave: Probably Apple is keeping the new EXCITING features in secret till probably next month.. and this report may be false cause is almost impossible to develop an entire OS in 6 or 7 month..

Peace, Daniel

for all of you who keep complaining about it not having enough, wtf do you want that it doesn't have?

What features are missing?

Just because they aren't doing anything groundbreaking is no reason to bitch and complain like everyone seems to be doing. Frankly I hope they keep up this trend of refinements, the little things that only matter once you start using the OS daily, thats where the best features shine through, not the big flashy things that wear off in a day or two..

We can speculate hard on Apple, but they are so unpredictible. It can be released tomorrow like it can be released June 20.

We didn't know what Showtime was, we didn't know they were presenting iTV, we didn't know when the iMac were going to be released (just at the end we had a little idea), we didn't know when the macbook pros were gonna be released, we didn't know they would switch to intel, we don't know when they'll release new macbooks, etc. as much as we don't know what will Leopard include in the end.

Maybe they'll revolutionize the UI, maybe they'll add new icons, maybe they'll add more secret stuff, etc. I don't think anybody knows but them. And of course, they are mute and deaf.

@Neowave: Probably Apple is keeping the new EXCITING features in secret till probably next month.. and this report may be false cause is almost impossible to develop an entire OS in 6 or 7 month..

Peace, Daniel

You actually believe Apple didn't start developing Mac OS X Leopard' features until 6 or 7 months ago? It's more likely they started developing Mac OS X Leopard the second Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger was done or even before that.

Edited by Neowave

for all of you who keep complaining about it not having enough, wtf do you want that it doesn't have?

Just because they aren't doing anything groundbreaking is no reason to bitch and complain like everyone seems to be doing. Frankly I hope they keep up this trend of refinements, the little things that only matter once you start using the OS daily, thats where the best features shine through, not the big flashy things that wear off in a day or two..

Mac OS X Leopard won't be a free update you can get through Software Update and currently the upcoming version doesn't include much that justifies a ?129,- prize tag. That includes thos"refinements" and "little things that only matter once you start using the OS daily"i> you speak of: It doesn't have much of that either compared to Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.

But that's just my opinion.

Hopefully all of that will change during the next keynote:cool:l:

Edited by Neowave

Won't get my ?89 unless it has something great like Spotlight or Dashboard which I use every day on Tiger. Backup and Attractive Voice is good and all but I only backup 2 things my Documents and my Music and I am quite happy doing that the Drag and Drop way. And the voice well I'm not blind I don't see it's use for me personally, that's not to say it is a useless feature for people that do require it I'm sure they can't wait for it, perhaps already swayed there buying decision.

I don't know what I would like to see in Leopard really but I do want them to wow me afterall there selling a product and if they want me to buy it they better make it unique from other offerings or they just lost a customer.

Won't get my ?89 unless it has something great like Spotlight or Dashboard which I use every day on Tiger.

I don't know what I would like to see in Leopard really but I do want them to wow me afterall there selling a product and if they want me to buy it they better make it unique from other offerings or they just lost a customer.

I don't by operating systems just to manage my files and play with the default tools: I buy them to by other applications. Whether or not Apple uses those tools is almost secondary, what really matters is whether the third party programs make use of them.

If the last 5 years are any indication I expect to see some pretty worthwhile tiger-only or tiger-works-best programs not too long after the release. I'll gamble on the $90 not being a waste, even if I stuck with 10.4 until 10.6 ships I'd only be out $0.10 day.

That is a good point evn however at the moment I do not use any applications at all which are suited for Tiger over Panther except for the built in Apple applications like Safari 2.0 which will not run on Panther.

My point is, if there isn't some amazing things released then I'll stick with Tiger because I'm not going to pay ?89 for all the things I can already do, it would be like I'm just paying a yearly subscription to a magazine where I only read the same articles. Pointless.

Bah.. if it makes developping easier, and if it makes my computer faster b ytaking advantage of the 64-bit... why not?

I like the new safari3 too, but this one should be free like all the others.

If they changed QuickTime once for all, I'd be really happy... I'd be happy if they bundled a bunch of codecs with it too, not just standard ones.

If they unify the interface, it'll only be a good thing...

They added games to the iPods, why not add cool games in Leopard, made by Apple?

They should continue to ask themselves why Microsoft is more popular in the business world and start to do more practical stuff for the business users. (ie : they can deploy an update to a whole network, can it be done in mac os?)

They should add a cheap, but better than paint, drawing or editing thing.

They're never going to add a cheap but better than Paint application. Adobe wouldn't be very happy at all. And let's face it, Adobe generate a lot of money for Apple.