Screenshots from the latest Leopard build

RAWR!

Yes, Neowave, keep speaking out for the cause! You must get as lost as I because, in a few applications, the toolbar is striped and in others it's unified with the title bar. It's a cruel, cruel world that makes you look at two or three beautiful window styles instead of one. :no:

It's a tragedy! lol

I don't think Unified has any defined "use it exactly for this" sort of thing. It's just "use it if you think it looks better." I wouldn't be surprised if it's just phasing out the striped toolbar.

I'm almost 100% positive it's only meant for Spotlight enabled apps. At least that's how Apple uses it.

Is Dictionary.app's search box powered by Spotlight?

It's basically the same technology: Instant search. Plus Dictionary has search extentions throughtout the OS, even more in Mac OS X Leopard. So I would say yes.

Another example is Apple Remote Desktop. Version 2 was Brushed, version 3 got Spotlight-like search capabilities and was turned Unified.

So far I haven't found Unified Apple applications without intant search.

Some cool resources from the latest Mac OS X Leopard build. Behold the Mighty blue (and graphite) apple!

hiresapplemenuto6.pnghiresapplemenugraphitezf5.pnghiresapplemenuselectedyl5.png

I for one can't wait what the final resolution independent UI will look like. :D

So far I haven't found Unified Apple applications without intant search.

You will in Leopard. iChat is unified without any instant search features in it (unless it gets instant log searching, which seems pointless since Spotlight searches its logs anyway :p).

You will in Leopard. iChat is unified without any instant search features in it (unless it gets instant log searching, which seems pointless since Spotlight searches its logs anyway :p).

True, but I doubt things will stay the way there are. A new Brushed variant ("Unified Brushed") still hasn't been implemented system-wide so they could be preparing applications like Automator, iCal and iChat for it.

Edited by Neowave

Not much to tell really. It's still far from being usable, many application compatibility issues, interface is a mess, and feature wise it isn't much different from what you'd see on the Apple site. Hopefully the January release will show more of what the final version is going to be like.

Not true betas for developers have been offered since os x began average is 1 per month latest build is 9A303, hasen't been a new beta for select members since nov 9. should be expecting the next one soon this will probaly be the last one before the January Macworld

I'd bet for 1 per 2 months... I think it's the first time they do this though. They've never really shown their betas.

Eh yes they did... Mac OS X Tiger betas were seeded at roughly the same frequency. They were even - more or less - feature complete, unlike the current Mac OS X Leopard betas. How else do you expect developers to prepare for an upcoming Mac OS X release?

^ yea i mean look at XP andVista. I think Apple can relax.

Yea look at you what a noob. You must use stuff to know what it dose. But your just a troll.

Any way I use OSX and I like the updates so far.

• 2 weeks later...

It's Apple, they'll do it so much better than Microsoft. Cause to be honest, I really don't like the look of Vista either.

Yeah, but as of now, Leopard is not showing anything groundbreaking.... It's not that much better than Tiger.