Saw III (2006)

From what I got out of the ending is that Jigsaw kindnapped Jeff's daughter and now that he died the entire warehouse locked down, so even if he found his the little girl he wouldn't be able to get her out of the room since he failed the game and the entire warehouse was locked down. He failed the final test so now Jeff and his daughter were left in that warehouse to starve to death.

I don't think Jigsaw would kidnap his daughter, an innocent girl, and have her die to punish him even if it was "his choice". It doesn't really fit the game and seems like senseless murder. Look at Saw 2 and how Eric's son Daniel survived. I think it is time for Jeff's real test to start (Saw 4?) as the whole movie wasn't really about his test, it was all about Amandas. I could of swore it said on the final tape of the movie that he wants to play a game, which of course means its not over.

I don't think Jigsaw would kidnap his daughter, an innocent girl, and have her die to punish him even if it was "his choice". It doesn't really fit the game and seems like senseless murder. Look at Saw 2 and how Eric's son Daniel survived. I think it is time for Jeff's real test to start (Saw 4?) as the whole movie wasn't really about his test, it was all about Amandas. I could of swore it said on the final tape of the movie that he wants to play a game, which of course means its not over.

Jigsaw did

kidnap his daughter, they show her in the warehouse--the very last scene is with her huddled in a room. The whole of this game was for Jeff to help others, along with himself. He failed the game--he tried to help others, but couldn't help himself or his family. So most likely he and his daughter will die. But yes, Jigsaw kidnapped Jeff's daughter

Jigsaw did

kidnap his daughter, they show her in the warehouse--the very last scene is with her huddled in a room. The whole of this game was for Jeff to help others, along with himself. He failed the game--he tried to help others, but couldn't help himself or his family. So most likely he and his daughter will die. But yes, Jigsaw kidnapped Jeff's daughter

I know he did but I don't think he would

let her die. He already had his wife killed by his decision and if the game is really over he will die also. Why let the girl die also? All the people he has "killed", have been "deserving". I don't see why Jigsaw would make an innocent girl a pawn.

I know he did but I don't think he would

let her die. He already had his wife killed by his decision and if the game is really over he will die also. Why let the girl die also? All the people he has "killed", have been "deserving". I don't see why Jigsaw would make an innocent girl a pawn.

That's the way Jigsaw does things though. Jeff's vengeance made him loose everything, literally.

All i have to say that theres already a prequel to Saw but not in the form of a movie but a comic book called Saw:Rebirth. Basically the comic book lead up to the events of Saw and how Jigsaw became who he is for example (SPOILER AHAEAD) how the blonde hair women in Saw 3 is Jigsaw's ex-girlfreind and how the toy that you see in Saw originated from the toy factoey Jigsaw used to work at

Edited by soulcentric

I saw it last night.. t'was AWESOME. but I do have some questions though.

Could be spoiler so I'm gonna spoiler tag it.

As we know in Saw III Amanda has been working with Jigsaw (John) since the first game that we know in the room with the photographer and doctor. First of all, Amanda was kidnapped by John and she was had the reverse bear trap. She escapes it and John wanted her by his side because she won the game. Now the big thing is that why would John put Amanda in the Saw II house with the other people? ( well technically it's the same house but I think you know where I am coming to. ) As we know in Saw III, it was Amanda who said "Game Over" to the Detective from Saw II, the one we see in the beginning of Saw III.

Another question is that, John does the Voice of the creepy Saw Doll. In Saw III we see that the traps that were set by Amanda kills the person no matter what happens. For sure John knows about this because he is the one who describes the 'game plan' to the victim. Why couldn't John tell Amanda that she should use another trap or something? Especailly when John said " I despise Murderers " and he could have prevented the victims from dieing.

Last question for this post is that I"m not too sure about the ending. Was the final test to see if Jeff forgives John or kills him? I honestly think that the final test was Jeff to forgive John, so if he does so, He will get his daugther back. I don't know.

Whatever happen to that detective's son in Saw 2 ?

Did I miss something ?

You need to go back and rewatch it if you don't remember seeing it.

Kerry finds him in a "safe" & secure location.

I know that. What I meant was:

There was no mention of him in saw 3. I thought since they showed the dad trying to escape, they would at least mention the son; wondering if his dad is still alive, or include him in the movie some how.

I must have missed something because I thought the story was better than the first two combined.

Different strokes for different folks :p

The original Saw will always be the best though. The 2nd and 3rd are just trying to live off the success and out-do the gore :no: I haven't been impressed with them.

The original Saw will always be the best though. The 2nd and 3rd are just trying to live off the success and out-do the gore :no: I haven't been impressed with them.

I would have to disagree with that, considering that they had planned for at least 5 all along (with Tobin Bell's original contract being evidence of this). It's not like they decided to make another only because the first was so successful (and then the second and now the third). An example of that would have to be the Mission:Impossible series.

I know that. What I meant was:

There was no mention of him in saw 3. I thought since they showed the dad trying to escape, they would at least mention the son; wondering if his dad is still alive, or include him in the movie some how.

I wouldn't of thought so, since when they found his son, that mystery was done and dusted. As they found the son, his dad was just shut in the bathroom so, considering the son's state, he wouldn't be worried about his dad just yet. So it's safe to say that his son is alive but

I think that he got killed by Amanda as she was p*ssed off when he shouted "You'll never be Jigsaw" or something like that, but you never know...

I myself watched Saw III recently and thought it to be the best of all of them. For me, this has to be the best Horror series of all Horror films, or, to coin a phrase ' The Daddy '.

Oh, look out for Saw IV around Halloween 2007. ......Tobin Bell has apparently signed up for a ffth as well. Gonna be interesting as to what they're going to do with the films, especially since Bell's character is a little bit 'dead'. Personally, i can't wait - let's just hope they're not going to turn this series of films into another Nightmare On Elm Street farce.

I want to play a game.

^ You may want to put spoiler tags in that 'somewhere'...

I hope there isn't a Saw IV (waiting for the official press release). The ending of Saw III did it for me, let's just leave it at that please Lionsgate.

Razorwing,

Jigsaw (John) wasn't aware that Amanda made her games unbeatable. I'm pretty sure he realized it after. I mean, if he knew, he would've killed her off somehow instead of trying to test her again near the end. Jigsaw's job was to make the recordings. Amanda's job was to make the traps and set them. I bet Jigsaw didn't even see the rooms with the traps because he was in his bed almost the whole time. As for Jeff, you're right. The final test at the end of the movie was to see if Jeff would forgive John. If he did, he most likely would have had his daughter back. Instead he kills John and that inevitably kills his wife (forgot her name).

Razorwing,

Jigsaw (John) wasn't aware that Amanda made her games unbeatable. I'm pretty sure he realized it after. I mean, if he knew, he would've killed her off somehow instead of trying to test her again near the end. Jigsaw's job was to make the recordings. Amanda's job was to make the traps and set them. I bet Jigsaw didn't even see the rooms with the traps because he was in his bed almost the whole time. As for Jeff, you're right. The final test at the end of the movie was to see if Jeff would forgive John. If he did, he most likely would have had his daughter back. Instead he kills John and that inevitably kills his wife (forgot her name).

Since John made the recordings shouldn't he have known what the trap was? As always, he describes the trap to the victim. and also my other question was why did John put Amanda through Saw II? when we alreay know Amanda was with John already?

Since John made the recordings shouldn't he have known what the trap was? As always, he describes the trap to the victim. and also my other question was why did John put Amanda through Saw II? when we alreay know Amanda was with John already?

I believe that John helped design all of the traps. Amanda probably altered them in different ways to make them more unbeatable.

Amanda chose to go through the house. Remember that John was always right there watching his games, even in the middle of the bathroom in the first movie. Amanda was doing the same thing. Why do you think she never started bleeding or for that matter get weak. At least, to me she didn't look weak. She was also probably put in there to help the boy--the boy was suppose to live the entire time. Everyone else in the house was just a pawn, the real game was Detective Mathew's.

From my understanding, wouldn't he be physically unable to walk around and inspect the trap room? He has to take Amanda's word for it. He knew the traps, but didn't know that Amanda made it 'unbeatable'. She simply didn't tell him. Either that, or he knew all along and just played along. But that would contradict his belief of "despising murderers."

From my understanding, wouldn't he be physically unable to walk around and inspect the trap room? He has to take Amanda's word for it. He knew the traps, but didn't know that Amanda made it 'unbeatable'. She simply didn't tell him. Either that, or he knew all along and just played along. But that would contradict his belief of "despising murderers."

thanks for the reply John Kramer errr Hurmoth. ;) hahaha lol.

anyway

Just say for Kerry's trap, if what you said was true, John would've known that the trap is stuck in Kerry's ribcage and there was no way that she will be able to get out. Or even Jeff's Killer's Trap, with the twisting of everything, it was an impossibility for the dude to survive that trap.

thanks for the reply John Kramer errr Hurmoth. ;) hahaha lol.

anyway

Just say for Kerry's trap, if what you said was true, John would've known that the trap is stuck in Kerry's ribcage and there was no way that she will be able to get out. Or even Jeff's Killer's Trap, with the twisting of everything, it was an impossibility for the dude to survive that trap.

I believe that John helped design the traps and then followed up on Amanda's progress after the game was over like any good mentor would. We see him putting some of the notes for Jeff in their proper place, so we know he was able to see the traps before he became to ill to get out of the bed. See, that's the thing, the story doesn't give us enough of a definitive timeline to answer how much he knew and how much he didn't know.

I believe that John helped design the traps and then followed up on Amanda's progress after the game was over like any good mentor would. We see him putting some of the notes for Jeff in their proper place, so we know he was able to see the traps before he became to ill to get out of the bed. See, that's the thing, the story doesn't give us enough of a definitive timeline to answer how much he knew and how much he didn't know.

hmm I think that Amanda modfieded the traps.