Saw III (2006)

hmm I think that Amanda modfieded the traps.

I won't argue that, I think her and John collaborated on the design on the traps together. During the building process, Amanda made modifications to the design to make them unbeatable.

I hated this one! Saw I and II were better. This one was very disgusting, the ending was not even close to "shocking", although the Amanda thing was good.

:no:

When I came out of the cinema, I was pretty happy, I got what I wanted a lot of blood and whatever but after what's been a week or so I have to say, it was pretty boring looking back. Also the gore was really a bit too much, I wouldn't want to watch a film which goes further than this does anyway, if that's possible.

When I came out of the cinema, I was pretty happy, I got what I wanted a lot of blood and whatever but after what's been a week or so I have to say, it was pretty boring looking back. Also the gore was really a bit too much, I wouldn't want to watch a film which goes further than this does anyway, if that's possible.

Well then don't go see Hostel: Part II. Eli Roth (writer/director) has said that he's going to top and "blow away" Saw III.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got round to seeing this and well I didnt think it was that good...I await Hurmoths backlash!!! :D...but I wasnt cringing at any parts and felt it was tame...but maybe thats me having my expectations to high when I watch gore movies now :no:

Overall tho I didnt mind it and hope they dont ruin it with a 4th...

I finally got round to seeing this and well I didnt think it was that good...I await Hurmoths backlash!!! :D ...but I wasnt cringing at any parts and felt it was tame...but maybe thats me having my expectations to high when I watch gore movies now :no:

Overall tho I didnt mind it and hope they dont ruin it with a 4th...

No backlash :p

*goes to find power drill, scalpel, botcher's saw and hammer--and also none powdered latex gloves and surgical mask* :whistle:

Seriously though, I respect that. For mainstream horror, this film did push the envelop a lot, it certainly had more than the first Hostel, which I think it is a fair assessment to say that Hostel: Part II will probably top Saw III. Nevertheless, I still felt, even after seeing it now SIX times that it is just as good or even better than the first Saw.

Edited by Hurmoth

Am I libel to wake up tommorow in some weird room with a telly now?...*Hello Rappy...You thought you could diss Saw 3 but you are wrong and for that we shall play a game!!!* :p

Yeah I thought it was better then Saw but not Saw 2 which I liked...Shame so much

death at the end :(

Am I libel to wake up tommorow in some weird room with a telly now?...*Hello Rappy...You thought you could diss Saw 3 but you are wrong and for that we shall play a game!!!* :p

:laugh: Nah, I don't have enough patients like he does. I respect the character a lot (John Kramer) because he puts so much time into every detail, but I'm the kind of guy who likes to go in slicing and dicing. There's no chance of the guy making it out of the rule in one piece with me.

Yeah I thought it was better then Saw but not Saw 2 which I liked...Shame so much

death at the end :(

Actually now that Saw III has come out and I've given the ending some time to sink in, I'm actually kind of excited to see what the new people can come up with. Will it be as good as the previous three films? Possibly, but probably not. Does that really matter? I mean I HATE the Friday the 13th, Halloween, and A Nightmare on Elm Street series, but there has to be enough fans out there for them to keep making them, right? So I'll still go see Saw IV when it comes out in theaters and regardless of whether or not I'm disappointed, I'll probably go see Saw V when it comes out in 2008. Only time will tell if Saw IV will live up to the previous three though.

John knew perfectly well she was making unbeatable traps and just murdering people. He says near the end of the film that every time she did it he ahd to forgive her and that this was her one last time to make ammends. He may not have known after the VERY first time but from then on he'd have known.

Also I think there will be a final movie or at least there is room for it. I dont think he's left Jeff and his daughter for dead yet. There is still the matter of that one last tape that he placed on the desk next to him just as jeff was due to arrive in the room.

Besides I never even saw or remember seeing Jeff's girl in the warehouse. If she wasnt actually shown whats to say that shes in there? The "saving her" could simply refer to getting out so that he can be the father he should have been to her. I also dont believe jigsaw would simply kill her. Shes innocent and plays absolutly no part in the game unlike everyone else. You could argue the judge was innocent but he at least had a part, Jeffs girl is simply not involved.

And no, I dont agree that this is how Jigsaw does his games. He takes everything away from you yes but what he doesnt do is kill innocent people. This part of the game was Jigsaws planning and I cant imagine him killing the girl. No, I think the final game was simply for jeff to get out himself so that he could see her and so that she could have the father she deserved.

Lastly maybe theres another apprentice thats been overlooked? What about the cop from the 2nd movie. We dont know for a fact whether hes dead or not. You wouldnt think hed then follow on but perhaps he wasnt ever killed? It could be a classic case of stockholm syndrome to the extreme (well really isnt that what happened with Amanda too). It's unlikely but it could happen as his fate was never really fully revealed.

• 2 weeks later...

Good movie, I loved the Saw series, the only problem is they should have ended it.

I don't want a Saw IV, I don't want a Saw 0.

But something tells me I'm gonna watch them :/

i cant remember the first movie too well but didnt amanda have to carve open someones stomach to get the key...what had that person done? and even if they werent "innocent" the guy didnt really have a choice in it all...he was drugged as far as i can remember! so thats suggesting that although the "lesson" jigsaw is trying to teach people can involve another "innocent" person surely?

i cant remember the first movie too well but didnt amanda have to carve open someones stomach to get the key...what had that person done? and even if they werent "innocent" the guy didnt really have a choice in it all...he was drugged as far as i can remember! so thats suggesting that although the "lesson" jigsaw is trying to teach people can involve another "innocent" person surely?
That was part of her test.
After Jigsaw abducted her, he placed her in trap with a heavy metal apparatus to her jaw - something he described to her as being like a reverse bear trap. Jigsaw communicated with her via a talking puppet on a nearby television set, explaining that when the timer went off, the trap would rip her jaws open if she did not find the key in time. The key was in the stomach of an apparently dead man lying across the room from her. To get the key, she would have to cut into the man's stomach. Upon further realization, it was revealed that the man was not dead, but rather heavily sedated by an opiate. Amanda violently cut the key from his stomach just in time to unlock herself and remove the device before it triggered.

As Amanda reeled from what she had just been through, Jigsaw's puppet Billy appeared, out of the shadows before her, congratulating her for surviving. "Most people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore."

Later, while being interviewed by a detective, her past as a drug addict was brought up. When she was asked if she was grateful, Amanda tearfully responded, "He... helped me."

Amanda didn't know that the guy was alive, she thought he was dead because that's what Jigsaw told her. And the guy, regardless of whether or not he had a choice in the matter, was not innocent. He too was a drug addict just like Amanda.

Yeah I get the impression he was a dealer or another drug taking friend of hers. Honestly I wouldnt look into it all that closely, its all baloney anyway. The mere fact he (and several other characters in the original) dont believe hes ever killed someone himself is a bit stupid. It'd be the same as putting poison in the wine casket at a hotel and saying anyone that dies failed because they drank and and the other people played the game right. Either way your a murderer.

In the end it's just a movie and really all that "they have a choice" aspect is just there for entertainment. Typically one person in the movie has a choice and everyone else is just a pawn.

• 1 month later...

ck2k01: And wasn't it just a HUGE conincidence that Amanda just happened to kill Jeff's wife JUST as he found his way into the labratory. I mean come on, if Amanda would have killed her 5 minutes sooner, she could have just killed Jeff too.

That's what happens in a movie :p But that small of a thing doesn't ruin it for me. Makes it a bit more dramatic actually.

That was my biggest gripe of the movie -- Plotholes. All in all though I enjoyed it... enjoyed it more than the first anyways. I felt the storyline was slightly better than the first, and add loads of gore and we have a winner. I loved the gore. The surgery part was sick.

My 11 year old bro even watched some of the scenes.

8/10.

That was part of her test.

Amanda didn't know that the guy was alive, she thought he was dead because that's what Jigsaw told her. And the guy, regardless of whether or not he had a choice in the matter, was not innocent. He too was a drug addict just like Amanda.

yes i understand that but jigsaw states that he never sends anyone to their death, he gives them a chance... they can escape alive... where was this guys chance?

btw I get the feeling that people actually like jigsaw. He's a sadistic wreck and

I'm happy that he's dead. Would've preferred if he had been placed in one of his own traps though.

btw I get the feeling that people actually like jigsaw. He's a sadistic wreck and

I'm happy that he's dead. Would've preferred if he had been placed in one of his own traps though.

:o Jigsaw is god!

j/k

I like the character Jigsaw and I think he is

still alive, some how

. We'll just have to wait for Saw IV October 26 :D

i hope they dont try to include that plot twist, i think although the storyline is farfetched im sure in some twisted way half of it is kinda possible... but not that part. Although jigsaw has a twisted way of "testing" these people what he speaks is the truth i have to add

I always thought Amandas puzzle was a little to easy.. woohoo kill someone to get out of it. Of course she did jump into a pit of needles which FREAKED me the f### out when I saw that. Personally I think part 2 was the best.

Review on part 3..I liked the progression of the story. I can see a part 4. 8/10 for me.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't seen any of the Saw movies. I'm thinking about seeing this one though. Would I need to have seen the first 2 to understand the story of this one or does it not matter?

Definitely see the first two films before seeing the third one :yes: You won't be waisting your time, they are both just as good as the third one.