Window Media Player11 [FINAL]Released!

ok...i get an error at the end of the installation saying it didn't work and i should try after restarting. i did that but i got the same problem. i tried looking at the problem on the web help but it couldn't find it. then, when i opened WMP it asked me to go through the config stuff and the version i have is 11.0.5721.5145. is this the correct version?

ok...i get an error at the end of the installation saying it didn't work and i should try after restarting. i did that but i got the same problem. i tried looking at the problem on the web help but it couldn't find it. then, when i opened WMP it asked me to go through the config stuff and the version i have is 11.0.5721.5145. is this the correct version?

Yes, it is.

Does anyone else have a white pixel issue around the corners of the player? I didn't have this issue with the beta. I also installed the final on top of the beta... I guess that could create an issue, but I didn't see any warnings to remove it before installation.

post-40385-1162243065.jpg

I got that thing too. Just maximize then restore the program. If that doesn't work, restart the program.

I got that thing too. Just maximize then restore the program. If that doesn't work, restart the program.

Thanks, I wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one experiencing it. Sometimes minimizing/maximizing doesn't fix it, but going to compact mode back out to full mode always does the trick. It is a minor issue, but still an issue that needs fixing.

They added completely new file icons (mp3, wma, and wmv as far as i can tell)!

Damn..and they look nice too anyways heres some screenies of the new icons:

th_46303_Untitled_122_514lo.jpg

I'll be back with more screenies of new stuff I see or think it's interseting.

Edit: imageshack isnt cooperating so i put up another link. enjoy

It's still black and it's still an incredible poor choice for default install on an XP that's supposedly very blue (not to mention.. white playlist? Who designed the colours, a trainee?)

You can change the colors from the default like I did with mine, since I love blue I gave mine a blue feel, check it out:

th_WMP11InBlue.jpg

They changed some of the icons in the gui, they're using alot of light blue now, and some buttons have been changed and got a glow to them now, overall the performance is 2x better than the beta 2. Much much fster imo, like when ur scrolling though your media it goes much faster especially i you have alot of album art...the top bar looks a little bit more flushed in and doesnt pop out as much..alot of improvements imo. I think it's looking really good so far.

You can change the colors from the default like I did with mine, since I love blue I gave mine a blue feel, check it out:

th_WMP11InBlue.jpg

and the color picker has been a media payer feature since the 2002 (?) relase of media player 9

Too bad it requires WGA to install! Having to buy windows just so you can install WMP 11 and their other new junk will not be worth it for many people. Time to migrate to OSX or Linux!

Too bad it requires WGA to install! Having to buy windows just so you can install WMP 11 and their other new junk will not be worth it for many people. Time to migrate to OSX or Linux!

its all about vlk cd's ;)

Awesome, I've actually been running the beta for a while now, its a pretty solid WMP version, and the final is just as much better. Haven't noticed anything but speed increases.

wow what a troll! nobody is forcing you to use it, if you don't like it don't use it. complaining because you don't have a legal copy of Windows? WGA is not a problem at all for us who run legal software, so stop crying like a baby and get real.