Window Media Player11 [FINAL]Released!

Erm... define what you mean by that.

Though it is not a native x64 app, it at least installs itself on XP x64 ;)

^^^

doesn't open up for me, but i believe it is for automatic sharing to MCE computers/xbox 360

How do I disable it? :unsure:

.ogg support yet?

No, and I don't think they would ever support that, because for Microsoft, somehow most open audio/video compression formats are a synonym of not worthy to be encoded/decoded.

But I have some good news for you: you can now also rip your CDs as Wave and WMA Pro. ~{>:}

I don't use it except for video, but downloaded it to be "up to date". I think it looks cool, It's very responsive and low on resources also I find. I think they did a good job.

VLK CDs require WGA too...

i guess i'm special, because i never had to enter serial number, never had to activate it, and installed ie7, win updates, and now wmp. all validate as genuine.

and yes, i do have legit licenses for my laptop and desktop, i just dont' like the activation and having to do more than 60 windows update.

No, and I don't think they would ever support that, because for Microsoft, somehow most open audio/video compression formats are a synonym of not worthy to be encoded/decoded.

But I have some good news for you: you can now also rip your CDs as Wave and WMA Pro. ~{>:}

I was curious, because it asked if I wanted WMP to be associated with ogg filetype, and then when i tried to add ogg files to the library, they didn't show up. Idiots.

Does anyone else have a white pixel issue around the corners of the player? I didn't have this issue with the beta. I also installed the final on top of the beta... I guess that could create an issue, but I didn't see any warnings to remove it before installation.

post-40385-1162243065.jpg

I have the exact same thing - installed on top of WMP 10, so guess it's a WMP specific bug, not a upgrading one.

I created a post with pictures ... can't believe this slipped under MS but hey they aren't perfect. I'm sure they'll release a fix for this soon.