Window Media Player11 [FINAL]Released!

I was wondering if there is a way to a file tree type structure back to the library under artist, album, genre, etc. like in WMP10. I guess its what I'm accustomed to but it's really annoying not having it there.

Other than that it is an improvement. Everything is faster and like the new black theme a lot.

Yea I saw that too, and WANT IT!

Is this something that we might see released in a few days, or what? WMP 10 launched with a new visualization :(

Anyone have any idea what this is??

I guess its called Sleepy Spray, Battery>>>>Sleepyspray.

I don't think thats it, the picture looks like the apple mac screensaver, just as a visualisation, battery>sleepy spray is not updated still looks rubbish. That screen looks awesome but still can't find anything about it from MS.

suren:

1: yeah, Quick Access Panel didn't work with the library designs for v11. There's been thoughts about how to add this type of thing back in the future, but it was one of the worst-scaling designs in v10 as it was.

2: Select all the entries you care about: the tally will show up in the player's bottom right.

3: Turn off Classic menus if you don't want 'em.

L3thal: responded in other thread

1. I want it back :yes:

2. it does not work for playlists.

3. but i want them. (because most of the things found under View & Play menus can't be accessed without it)

It is slow and still a bit buggy. I think I will stay with WMP 10 for now. WMP11 feels sluggish.

Is it still buggy and slow?

:huh:

I don't think thats it, the picture looks like the apple mac screensaver, just as a visualisation, battery>sleepy spray is not updated still looks rubbish. That screen looks awesome but still can't find anything about it from MS.

That visualization doesn't exist, as I mentioned before. I checked with the marketing guy who made that image - it's just Photoshop mock-up. :)

It's a nice UI and library update, but some simple things have been removed which make this version somewhat less customisable. Before to open in Now playing there was an option, now you need to modify the shortcut. Before I could right click on a file under now playing and select 'Find album info' or 'Advanced tag editor', not anymore, it requires me to find each file individually in the library. Manually add songs!? Why remove it? Now it requires me to use the automatic find feature, making it absoloutly impossible to add just one song to the library that I had previously deleted without adding hundreds of others that I don't want in my library (i.e. duplicates or not songs). As also mentioned the ability to select songs from the tiny dropdown arrow in the now playing or miniplayer, I sorely miss it. Also has anyone found out how to disable the 'Show in groups' displaying of files in the library to just get a continuous list?