Vista RTM on Connect

reactionary007

I logged on to connect and a message popped up saying they'd like to offer me a version of Vista - either Business or Ultimate RTM and that I could download it immediately and then I would receive a key within 1 week via email! Looks like beta testers get an lisence to RTM for participation. Go out and check it out! downloading it now!

kinetix63

NOT *ALL* beta testers it would appear.

mudslag

you do know there is a thread right below this one on the same subject? :rolleyes:

Iluvatar

awesome!! just looked and its UP :)

reactionary007

nope...i was so excited... i didn't even check in the forums... didn't see it on the front page and thought i was the first... sorry... i still don't see it...

this is connect beta testers by the way... not MSDN.

Sleeper

i've just done a sex wee is all im saying!

trek

Downloading as we speak (Y). Thanks MS!

Nexx295

Wooohoooo!! :woot:

I love Microsoft. :wub:

1Frothy

Oh my! :D Microsoft did like my several hundred Bug Reports after all it seems. Downloading the RTM (both x86 and x64) as fast as my DSL can handle it. Ultimate!!! :punk:

kinetix63

Just got it myself! WOOHOO!!!

reactionary007

almost done... praise God is all I can say. thank you Microsoft. front page of neowin says international beta testers may have to wait a few days though.

Daedalus

Excellent! Downloading it as we speak...

1Frothy

Lots of bug reports..no invitiation :(

Don't loose hope just yet. Some sites are still being processed right now... Keep on the F5.

TruckWEB

Downloading from Connect!!! Yeah, great gift from Microsoft!! We wont get a boxed copy but... I don't care, even if the box look sexy! :)

I selected the Ultimate! Downloading x86 and x64 release at 600-700 KB/sec... Lots of traffic on Connect, I score better than that when it's less loaded!

Master Shake

I'm glad to see you guys got your copies of Vista. I hope MS know how happy they made you. :)

reactionary007

i wonder how many beta testers there are out there...

kinetix63

My only problem now is that having just gone back to XP today due to monitor resolution issues in RC2 with a new graphics card - I can't get the damned FTM to install! LOL!

:: Lyon ::

.... :( I wasn't in the beta testing team

If one of you is, and offered the d/l, but doesn't want to use Vista, can you offer it to me? ^^

(I heard not everyone wants to use Vista over XP)

Edited by :: Lyon ::
1Frothy

I'm glad to see you guys got your copies of Vista. I hope MS know how happy they made you. :)

I email the NG Lead to express my thanks. :D

jb23fan

So has anybody heard that this is just going to people who submitted a certain amount of bugs or anything?

zivan56

It's probably more than 1 bug. People that filed 2 bugs got it...

Slimy

Lots of bug reports..no invitiation :(

Don't loose hope just yet. Some sites are still being processed right now... Keep on the F5.

Agreed, don't despair. I checked right away when I saw someone post that they had got it off connect. It wasn't there. I just checked back recently and the survey was there :woot:D

Downloading @700kb/s :D

+Frank B.

Wow, a nice surprise for sure. I read the news on the Neowin front page, checked Connect on a whim - and there it was. Thank you, Microsoft!