Vista RTM on Connect

Well, this sucks. I found bugs in Media Center and submitted them to MS, (ones that weren't even known about) and I wasn't even a connect tester. Oh well!!! At least I have MSDNAA. I'll be getting free copies from there! ;)

Edited by briangw

OMFG... I was in Beta 2... but I can't remember if I submitted any bugs! ;_;

I feel like shooting myself... That's nearly $800 out the window... My god...

Or maybe it's got something to do about me being in Australia... I dunno. D:

MAN! ARGH! Please excuse the profanity. **** **** ****!

;________________;

Well, none of it showed up anyway... Anybody still receiving their emails now? Still not giving up hope...

But I can't remember if I submitted anything! >_<

And I may've registered with a different email, which got hacked a while ago! I'm now trying furiously to recover my old email account back.

Yes for the love of god

If you didn't START beta testing when beta 1 started AND submit one bug report.

YOU WILL NOT GET A COPY

Some people need to get over it and hope to be invited to test the next OS or Service pack 1 for Vista.

I was invited around buld 5342. Submitted around 15 or 20 bugs during the program. Already got my message offering me RTM and I am downloading the final build as we speak. So get your facts straight.

Where's the feedback button?

From what I remember, I registered with an old email address which got hacked, so I can't sign in with that (currently trying to get the old email account back...).

It also says that I'm not participating in anything at Connect.

I definitely have a key for Beta 2 in my current account from Microsoft, though...

It's so frustrating... It would've been so much better if I wasn't in Beta 2... That way I wouldn't have had any chance of getting it... but I got close this time and it hurts. :c

Sorry for sounding so depressing. :D

Where's the feedback button?

feedbackdy0.jpg

It also says that I'm not participating in anything at Connect.

You'll have this in your participation if you're eligible for the free copy of vista:

mypartil4.jpg

feedbackdy0.jpg

You'll have this in your participation if you're eligible for the free copy of vista:

mypartil4.jpg

Goddamn, there's nothing there. Thanks, anyway.

But there might be a slim thread of hope, since I'm pretty sure I registered the first time with my hacked gmail, so if I can get that email's password back, then hopefully I can get Vista. =/

But I'm still not sure whether I submitted any bugs... Seems kinda unfair how there was no warning. Microsoft just suddenly comes out of the blue and goes, if you submitted bugs then you get free stuff, if you forgot to, or couldn't be stuffed, you suck. It's a real kick in the balls.

Goddamn, there's nothing there. Thanks, anyway.

But there might be a slim thread of hope, since I'm pretty sure I registered the first time with my hacked gmail, so if I can get that email's password back, then hopefully I can get Vista. =/

But I'm still not sure whether I submitted any bugs... Seems kinda unfair how there was no warning. Microsoft just suddenly comes out of the blue and goes, if you submitted bugs then you get free stuff, if you forgot to, or couldn't be stuffed, you suck. It's a real kick in the balls.

The whole point of testing is to test for gods sake. If you didn't submit a bug then I hope they reject you from future beta programs.

The whole point of testing is to test for gods sake. If you didn't submit a bug then I hope they reject you from future beta programs.

But I didn't know! :c

It was my first time beta testing anything. >_>

Well, I provided feedback, and submitted bugs. but I havent recieved the email yet, or seen it on connect for me; does anyone know if they are still behind, or have I somehow been lost in the shuffle?

thanks!

The system has encountered an unexpected error. We apologize for the inconvenience. The issue will be addressed as quickly as possible.

If this error continues, click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page to report the issue and include this error ID in your e-mail: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What a spaztastic week. It's so like Microsoft to finalize Windows Vista right before my long weekend away, and I've been racing all week to catch up on the work I would have done had I not been sleeping in and eating out in Vermont last weekend. Anyway... My Vista review on the SuperSite has ballooned from 8 parts to 18, thanks largely to the sheer number of new features included in the release. I should have seen that coming. Fortunately (for me at least), Vista won't be available broadly until January, so I theoretically have plenty of time to get the review done. However, I'm planning on finishing it before Thanksgiving if possible. Longest article I've ever written? Almost certainly.

so whats the new features his talking about?

hear is the link to the article.

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/Articl...4297/94297.html

i hope they send us a nice DVD too with the product key

They won't mail anything out, it says so right in the email. Your product key will be available for retrieval from Microsoft Connect.