Vista RTM on Connect

I never got accepted into connect (too full or something) only on CTP so dont worry. Looks like others will have to go out and buy it :/

*strangles BillGates *

No invitation yet...does it literally pop up..

what do i have to do to get it...ive submitted bug reports and glitch papers and everything....

since its an RTM does that mean that its the final version?

medking

Just wondering, they asked me to enter my full name. However, I didn't register for my Passport using my full name... Can I still get accepted?

That's basically just a "signature" to show that you've accepted the agreement. It doesn't really matter what you enter.

No invitation yet...does it literally pop up..

what do i have to do to get it...ive submitted bug reports and glitch papers and everything....

since its an RTM does that mean that its the final version?

medking

it is the final version. When you click downloads on connect you'll be redirected to a survey you must accept before you're allowed to download.

Downloading as we speak. Question though - will we get mailed a serial number on one of those case stickers? I was under the impression you needed those to validate a lisence? Or will it literally just be the email?

Downloading as we speak. Question though - will we get mailed a serial number on one of those case stickers? I was under the impression you needed those to validate a lisence? Or will it literally just be the email?

Literally just an e-mail. You don't need a sticker.

ok sorry to bother you guys again but my heart is literally beating out of control right now...

i submitted bug reports using the microsoft program....

im not active in anything on connect though...ive just been submitting bugs through the program they advise on the scenario voting site which comes with file transfer manager...is that the right thing??

medking

(hope i get it!!!)

Quick question...

If a program crashed and you told it to auto report to Microsoft, does that count as a bug report? I used Beta 1 - RC2 as a main OS, but didn't go under any major bugs other than stuff crashing.

Nothing in my mailbox. I really hope that the autosend in thing worked :(

ok sorry to bother you guys again but my heart is literally beating out of control right now...

i submitted bug reports using the microsoft program....

im not active in anything on connect though...ive just been submitting bugs through the program they advise on the scenario voting site which comes with file transfer manager...is that the right thing??

medking

(hope i get it!!!)

Those bugs get sent to your connect account (you have put in your email on one of the last steps)

If I were you, I would sign in on connect with that email address ;)

http://connect.microsoft.com

If a program crashed and you told it to auto report to Microsoft, does that count as a bug report? I used Beta 1 - RC2 as a main OS, but didn't go under any major bugs other than stuff crashing.

Nope, those are not linked back to you in any way. If you didn't file bug reports using Connect or the bug reporting program, then you will not be receiving a copy of Vista.

Only currently active, invited members of the Windows Vista technical beta program who filed at least one bug are receiving this offer.

This means ONLY if MS invited you to test Vista.

INVITED

please don't get people's hope's up.

Got an email, accepted and stuff.

Went to downloads and its got

15/11/2006 Windows Vista Final English DVD Images (x86 and x64) 6.0 Build Final media images for Windows Vista English DVD's

vista_6000.16386.061101-2205_x86fre_client-LRMCFRE_EN_DVD.iso

vista_6000.16386.061101-2205_x64fre_client-LRMCxFRE_EN_DVD.iso

Downloading those, are they the RTM? The words media images threw me off.

Only currently active, invited members of the Windows Vista technical beta program who filed at least one bug are receiving this offer.

INVITED

Wait, so if you joined as a CPP, you don't get it?

INVITED

This is correct. If you merely downloaded a copy (outside of the official tech beta) of a beta/RC and submitted a bug, you won't get this offer. You have to have been an invited, active member of the Windows Vista technical beta program.

Here is a direct quote from the e-mail:

"Only currently active, invited members of the Windows Vista technical beta program who filed at least one bug are receiving this offer."

Edited by oqwarrior