• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Vista RTM on Connect

:: Lyon ::    56

Gaahh

I have a connect account (beta testing live messenger) but didn't get accepted in Vista last time

Dunno why I keep on refreshing the page in hope of getting an invitation :{

FusionXN1    0

Heh i doubt ms will give people beta invites to vista now :(

Innitaru    0

I can't even get connect to load :(

zivan56    22
Dear xxxx,

We would like to take a moment to thank you for your contribution to Microsoft Windows Vista. Quite simply, it would not be the product it is today without your time, dedication and thoughtful feedback. You should be proud to have helped us develop the highest quality, most secure and most reliable Windows to date. To say "thank you" we would like to provide you with a complimentary copy of Windows Vista for your use.

Please visit to accept your copy.

If for some reason you are unable to accept this gift you may decline by clicking "Decline Invitation" on the "My Participation" page on Connect.

Details:

We would like to offer you a copy of the software and a product key for Windows Vista Business Edition or, if you are eligible Ultimate Edition. You are eligible to choose Ultimate Edition if the machine on which you intend to install Windows Vista already has a DVD drive and is currently licensed for DVD playback, i.e., you have already licensed one or more pieces of software for playing back DVDs

? This is a full retail copy intended for your personal use and not for resale.

? It is being offered as a download only. No media will be mailed.

? Only currently active, invited members of the Windows Vista technical beta program who filed at least one bug are receiving this offer.

? Please visit to accept this offer and indicate your preference for Business or Ultimate editions.

? After accepting the offer terms you will be immediately be given access to download the software.

? You may install and use the edition you chose for 30 days without a product key. Simply click 'next' at the product key prompt during setup, continue on and choose the appropriate edition from the list. You will be able to enter your product key at the activation prompt at a later time.

? We will email you when your product key is available for retrieval on Connect. In general this should happen within one week of your acceptance of the terms.

Again, we thank you for all your contributions during the beta!!

Thank you,

The Windows Beta Team

gabalicious    0

i hope they send us a nice DVD too with the product key

S550    104

your quote still includes the links

TruckWEB    480

They said in the newsgroup that we wont get a boxed copy, only a download of RTM with a key by e-mail.

micro    106

lol, i remember i must have applied for vista testing atleast 23 times since the 4075 days, but i was never accepted.. Congrats guys :) you earned it..

zivan56    22
your quote still includes the links

It's only links to the survey. You can't actually do anything with them unless you are a tester. Either way, I removed them so they don't give people false hope :p

mudslag    8,220

wow all the bugs I submitted and I get nothing :(

:: Lyon ::    56
I removed them so they don't give people false hope

You already did, my friend! :@

Slimy    14

:rofl: I got the email after I started downloading!

S550    104

It's only links to the survey. You can't actually do anything with them unless you are a tester. Either way, I removed them so they don't give people false hope :p

I am a tester...still didnt work.

Jeremy1    0

Got the e-mail a few minutes ago. I just figured they'd say thanks, and maybe offer a token gift. But a full retail copy of Vista Ultimate Edition? Way more than I expected, and I am quite happy to receive it! :D

ryanmcv    1

Wow, this was certainly unexpected. I just got a free copy of Vista Ultimate. I submitted about 35 bugs. Thanks, Microsoft. This is very classy. The connect site is getting hammered, though! Only getting about 50 KB/s on the download of the x86 ISO.

zivan56    22

I am a tester...still didnt work.

Hmm, I guess I was in a more general connection called "Windows Vista, Longhorn Server and IE 7 Beta." They will probably give it to the rest shortly (so the servers don't get overloaded)

Nexx295    27

That won't happen. We get only the ISO's and a product key.

S550    104

Hmm, I guess I was in a more general connection called "Windows Vista, Longhorn Server and IE 7 Beta." They will probably give it to the rest shortly (so the servers don't get overloaded)

:)

I'm in that.

Pitreck    2

I selected the Ultimate! Downloading x86 and x64 release at 600-700 KB/sec... Lots of traffic on Connect, I score better than that when it's less loaded!

If I can ask you for something, please post here MD5 sums of both x86 and x86-64. Thanks.

lardiop    1

Damn it! I always voted and gave feedback on bugs but never filed one myself!

Hopefully they'll see that!

mlerner    0

Got a free copy too! Sucks we don't get a physical packaged copy but this is good enough.

trenzterra    9

OMG I LOVE MICROSOFT!!!

Getting my copy as I speak :D

1Frothy    0

Ok.. Now calm down those Beta Testers that haven't received their download allotment yet.

If you logged more than 1 bug (as I understand it) you will get Vista RTM. Just be patient, the Connect Server is being pummeled at the moment.

mudslag    8,220

I was on MSDN, I guess Im not cool enough for a copy :(

trenzterra    9

Just wondering, they asked me to enter my full name. However, I didn't register for my Passport using my full name... Can I still get accepted?