[Official] I got a Wii!

Ironically the Wii will probably be the most solidly built console out of the 3. Nintendo hardware is notoriously robust and I can't see it being any different with the Wii.

I have one preordered on amazon, but they haven't charged me or shipped it yet, sounds like they're not going to ship it until monday or so... So I might drive down to the city (1.5 hr drive) right away and go wait in a line to pick one up then cancel my amazon order.

You Americans are so lucky!! Us Brits have to wait until December 8th to get out hands on one, and even then I have to wait until Christmas :(

Gotta quick question though, how long does the update take when you first connect your Wii to the net?

Hey that looks SEXY.

I'd buy one, but the Wii costs around $480 here, haha. What a joke.

i am outside of bestbuy right now on my laptop typing this message connected to the 'bbhostspot' waiting in line for a wii.. the store opens are like 8 AM... pretty cold.. so excited though :)

I'm sure the wait will be rewarding. :)

Shouldn't this of been posted in the Console > Nintendo section ?

Not got one yet as i'm in the UK. However the girlfriends son should be getting one for free, so will be pinching his.

Can you verify what video formats it supports in the picture channel?

MJPEG video with wav audio, in an avi container. That's it.

http://www.redkawa.com/videoconverters/wiivideo9/

I have noticed I can double the video bitrate in that program, at least with my SD card, and it still plays fine and looks quite a bit better.

I love my Wii.

You Americans are so lucky!! Us Brits have to wait until December 8th to get out hands on one, and even then I have to wait until Christmas :(

I feel your pain :(

If anyone bought Red Steel please post your thoughts on it! :yes:

Congrats Wii owners :p

Congratulations on the new Wiis guys... :cool:

Now if you could just PM me your home address and times that the Wiis will be unprotected, that would be REALLY appreciated... :shiftyninja: :shiftyninja: :shiftyninja:

It only gets released here in SA in March 2007... :( :no: :(

my apartment is next door to target, so I drove over every hour to check the line. I jumped in at 5am; tickets were handed out at 7, at which point they let us in the lobby.

then they gave us coke and popcorn which was nice of them; they called in the first 10, then the remainder. There were 21 systems, I had ticket 17 (which they took from me, but I snapped a picture of it). I was second to last in line, but there was an extra system when I picked mine off the cart... mgr at door told the regular 8am customers there were no more...someone is gonna double check and get lucky.

Got Zelda; unpacking the system now.

Wii controller feels very light and toyish, but very small. System feels nice, very dense and solid.

I discovered a very small panel on the bottom of the system fastened with a reg. philips head screw; i have no idea what it is, and have seen NO ONE mention it. I dont have an eyeglass repair kit with a screwdriver that small...someone please investigate.

Just got home with mine. Got to Target around 6:15am and there were about 20 people in line already and about 15-20 more showed up about an hour later. Around 7:45 they took names and handed out tickets. There were a few Target employees (some had the day off) with me and we just chatted about what games we were going to get and how many units they had in store. Turns out they had 42, but there were more people in line than there were units so it sucks for the ones that showed up late. No popcorn or soda for us, which I would have liked since the coffee I had was wearing off :laugh:

I picked up Zelda and Call of Duty 3.

Gotta quick question though, how long does the update take when you first connect your Wii to the net?

my wii is taking freaking forever to finish the update, anyone else having this issue?

While I am sure this will vary a little based on your internet connection, my update took about 5-10 minutes. It has a progress bar, so as long as its moving a little you should be fine.

I love this little thing...I am excited for all of you to get one soon as well! Now I am off to play ;)

Congrats to everyone who got one. I won't be picking mine up until January as I need the cash for a trip to China.

I find it funny how everyone in here is really excited and keeping the Wii for themselves, whereas the PS3 thread, 80% of them are Ebaying it :p

i got one!!!!!!....... and zelda...

where do u get opera from?... is it even up?... nm no internet browser yet...

the forcast and news dont work till next month...

EDIT: also do u get an sdcard with it or am i just blind and i dont c one in the box... i dont think u do...

Edited by Mystical112

Hey Guys,

So for the last while my little bro has been saying how he wants a Nintendo Wii for Christmas so my mom asked if I could go with her on Sunday and wait in line while she was in the Jeep until the store opened so I said sure :laugh: . I woke up at 4:00am on Sunday and was at Wal-Mart at 5:00am. There was 44 people ahead of us (44 people in total, some of them were just there with other people) and we all just started talking about the Wii and the Ps3; it was very calm compared to the Ps3 launch.

There was 63 Wiis in the store and at 5:45am the Manager of this Wal-Mart came out and said "This is what we're going to do; each of you has been waiting extremely patiently; some of you since last night; so we're going to give each of you a Ticket with a number corresponding to a Wii in our store. This ticket guarantees that you will get a Nintendo Wii". We got ticket number 46 out of 63. They actually even started calling people over from Future Shop and asking if they wanted to get one from their store instead so many people moved over and every Wii was gone.

We waited until 7:00am and then they called groups of 10 into the store. Once again very calm in the store and once in the electronics section you could choose what accessories and games you want; We got one Wii Remote (They were out of Nunchuks :huh: ) and Monkey Ball :p . We were in and out of there in less then an hour.

Now the fun part; I can?t use this until Christmas due to it's for my bro and he has no clue we got i:no:o: . Dam, I'm dying to use this. Here's some pics off my mom's camera phone(Sorry for the quality, 0.3MP Camera Phon:p:p ) :

post-25252-1163960865_thumb.jpgpost-25252-1163960918_thumb.jpg

- Barret