[Official] I got a Wii!

so we can order it online and pick it up at the store whenever it's avaiable?

Nope, you can only have it shipped :/ And you of course can only order online when it indicates that they have stock...

Nope, you can only have it shipped :/ And you of course can only order online when it indicates that they have stock...

... well I've never seen Best Buy have any in stock.. ever. lol. If it is, it's so limited in quantity and it'd be gone in a second (literally) around 7am with a whole line up of people.

The scenario: Called Circuit City at 10:30pm last night, they have 12 vouchers for 12 Wiis. Arrived at CC at around 5:00am. Seven are getting a Wii while a girl was with her boyfriend, making me number eight. Paper posted outside has an eight scratched out and a seven written in its place. 6:30am rolls around and a CC manager comes outside to give vouchers. He hands out six, numbered from seven to 12. Tells everyone else that there are no more. Discussion ensues, the first six are unaccounted for.

The screw: There were six people that were going to camp it out all night at CC. The store manager decides to hand out vouchers then instead of when everyone else was told (when a manager arrives early in the morning). Vouchers one through six are accounted for with the next six people (initially thought to be seven through twelve, were 13-18 in reality) having to face the music.

The pain: I was number eight, err, 14. I got no Wii. To say I'm upset or frustrated is an understatement.

The itsy bitsy, teeny weeny glimpse of hope: The manager that broke the news to us took our names down and said that when more arrive, they will call us in the order we were listed on the paper we all signed (I am 2nd).

My conclusion: The store manager screwed us over. And for the hope, I'm pessimistic.

It's already stupid enough that all stores held their shipments until today, but the fact that stores screw up even trying to hand out vouchers just makes it totally ridiculous.

Heads up!

This is from the futureshop.ca website:

Updated December 6th, 2006

In keeping with our promise to keep you notified of changes in our Wii stock, we're happy to inform you that we're getting more in stock over the next week.

A new shipment of Wii systems shipped to Future Shop stores this week. Estimated dates of arrival will vary by store, so please check with your local Future Shop for availability. Also, an additional shipment of Wii's will arrive in Future Shop stores the week of December 18th. Again, estimated dates of arrival will vary, so please check with your local Future Shop for availability.

Good luck guys :D

If all else fails, you can always try the van.forsale newsgroup, i see them on there all the time.

http://groups.google.ca for those who don't know about usenet.

Heads up!

This is from the futureshop.ca website:

Updated December 6th, 2006

In keeping with our promise to keep you notified of changes in our Wii stock, we're happy to inform you that we're getting more in stock over the next week.

A new shipment of Wii systems shipped to Future Shop stores this week. Estimated dates of arrival will vary by store, so please check with your local Future Shop for availability. Also, an additional shipment of Wii's will arrive in Future Shop stores the week of December 18th. Again, estimated dates of arrival will vary, so please check with your local Future Shop for availability.

Good luck guys :D

If all else fails, you can always try the van.forsale newsgroup, i see them on there all the time.

http://groups.google.ca for those who don't know about usenet.

so it can be today, tommorow.. etc? damn.. I wish that I had a date.. means i have to go out every day.

so it can be today, tommorow.. etc? damn.. I wish that I had a date.. means i have to go out every day.

There is no way im trying to get one everyday when it is given that they will hold them until Friday, im still debating if its really worth to camp out on Thursday to get one, this is so stupid, i remember Nintendo said 4 million by year end.... :blink:

There is no way im trying to get one everyday when it is given that they will hold them until Friday, im still debating if its really worth to camp out on Thursday to get one, this is so stupid, i remember Nintendo said 4 million by year end.... :blink:

well it's not really a big deal for me.. I live like 2mins from best buy (walking distance). so.. if I really need to camp it's no problem at all. But yeah, I agree with you. Nintendo is making as little as possible I might add, so it is in high demand. Looking at manufacturing things in a large scale, I've seen cars being made in assembly lines and all, and they produce very fast. Now think of the Wii, Nintendo should be shelving out units per second every day. But the reason they are not? probably marketing, as I mentioned before, to make the Wii in a high demand. Especially now it's close to Christmas, everyone would want one. including us, of course.

oh yeah, Future Shop didn't say it was given that they will hold them untill Friday, ... where are your sources on that?

well it's not really a big deal for me.. I live like 2mins from best buy (walking distance). so.. if I really need to camp it's no problem at all. But yeah, I agree with you. Nintendo is making as little as possible I might add, so it is in high demand. Looking at manufacturing things in a large scale, I've seen cars being made in assembly lines and all, and they produce very fast. Now think of the Wii, Nintendo should be shelving out units per second every day. But the reason they are not? probably marketing, as I mentioned before, to make the Wii in a high demand. Especially now it's close to Christmas, everyone would want one. including us, of course.

oh yeah, Future Shop didn't say it was given that they will hold them untill Friday, ... where are your sources on that?

You are absolutely right, this has to be a Marketing stunt by Nintendo, i mean, its not like the Wii uses weird blue crystals for the DVD reader, i think half of the hardware in the Wii is similar to the gamecube...

hehe, well my source is the guy at the door of Best Buy (Best Buy owns Future Shop), he told me that the Wii shipments always get in during the week, it can be any day, but they never sell any until friday in the morning.

Good luck trying to get one, let me know if you are successful, now that i just finished Uni i might even camp just so i can play Zelda TP, i cant wait any longer, i really want to play it :p

You are absolutely right, this has to be a Marketing stunt by Nintendo, i mean, its not like the Wii uses weird blue crystals for the DVD reader, i think half of the hardware in the Wii is similar to the gamecube...

hehe, well my source is the guy at the door of Best Buy (Best Buy owns Future Shop), he told me that the Wii shipments always get in during the week, it can be any day, but they never sell any until friday in the morning.

Good luck trying to get one, let me know if you are successful, now that i just finished Uni i might even camp just so i can play Zelda TP, i cant wait any longer, i really want to play it :p

well I went to the Source to check if there was any, the cashier guy told me that none of the small stores are getting any shipments. and he told me he got his Wii last Monday.. He said he didn't know Future Shop had any but he managed to get one on his break. :rolleyes: So I don't really know about the only Friday sale. I might check for some tommorow.. hopefully there's stock tommorow

well I went to the Source to check if there was any, the cashier guy told me that none of the small stores are getting any shipments. and he told me he got his Wii last Monday.. He said he didn't know Future Shop had any but he managed to get one on his break. :rolleyes: So I don't really know about the only Friday sale. I might check for some tommorow.. hopefully there's stock tommorow

hmm, interesting, i guess it depends on the store then, i should check the other best buy/future shop, thanks for the info

hmm, interesting, i guess it depends on the store then, i should check the other best buy/future shop, thanks for the info

yeah, np, I'm just gonna go see if there is any coming in tommorow, since.. I don't know.. by chance, it might come.. *crosses fingers*

Camped out at midnight saturday night..3rd in line with some buddies and waited all the way untill 8am when i got the wii, an extra wiimote, nunchuck, classic controller.... trauma center and zelda.

The cops came around 4am to control the crowds and stop people from line cutting. It was dangerous and kept me up a whole night. People will try and do anything.. especially in front of a cop. I am not a fan of holding consoles back for launch days.

Super glad i got the wii, the wife and i have been playing 4 hours solid a night of golf and bowling... have yet to play zelda.... waiting on my hd cables to come in the mail.

loving it.

Well, with a little luck, perseverance and a friend, I was able to get my hands on the Wii today at Circuit City. In my previous post I mentioned the vouchers that CC was handing out and that some were handed out early at midnight. It turns out that a CC employee stole a voucher; the store manager was not pleased and sent an email to all store employees about it.

Long story short, I spoke with about six employees, including a friend, got the OK from the store manager, and now I have a Wii sitting under my Christmas tree :D :D

Turns out that instead of just taking our names down and making empty promises, CC was very intent on helping us customers who were misled, with all CC employees being in the know about "the list" that we signed on Sunday morning. I feel kind of bad though, because at the very least, person #7 should have gotten this one. But alas, I persevered and he's still waiting. I'm so happy! ^_^

well seems like I won't be getting a Wii befor Christmas afterall... I might be getting a 360 for Christmas.. and I can buy the Wii myself.. hehe.. awesome! :laugh:

I got my Wii back today from Nintendo and it works!

Only played Wii Sports a bit and got 5000 points to buy some games, So far i got Donkey Kong Country (absolute classic) and Mario 64. It is nice playing Donkey Kong Country on the classic controller, feels just like the SNES pad.

I think later tonight i'll start Twilight Princess. So happy i finally got it back... been worried that i wouldn't receive it till after Christmas.

I got my Wii back today from Nintendo and it works!

Only played Wii Sports a bit and got 5000 points to buy some games, So far i got Donkey Kong Country (absolute classic) and Mario 64. It is nice playing Donkey Kong Country on the classic controller, feels just like the SNES pad.

I think later tonight i'll start Twilight Princess. So happy i finally got it back... been worried that i wouldn't receive it till after Christmas.

how did you 'break' your Wii? :|

Camped out in front of Best Buy in Albany 10th in line out of 100+.

we made a list but people tryied cutting when we were allowed in the list was used to weed out the guys who had cut.

Being in the top 10 got me a spot inside of the store and hour before everyone else!

I picked up Zelda and excite truck along with two extra wiimotes and controllers

how did you 'break' your Wii? :|

I didn't break it, when i picked it up and got it home, the disc drive wouldn't take a disc properly and just scratched the disc and made a grinding noise. When i finally got it to take a disc properly it decided to no longer read any disc at all. Also it made a nice rattle too, like something broke off the drive :p

I didn't break it, when i picked it up and got it home, the disc drive wouldn't take a disc properly and just scratched the disc and made a grinding noise. When i finally got it to take a disc properly it decided to no longer read any disc at all. Also it made a nice rattle too, like something broke off the drive :p

whoa. scary, good that Nintendo took it back. hopefully that won't happen to mine.

my brother and I opened our christmas gifts on friday night and his wii has the new strap with the remote. the extra remote that I got him didn't have the new strap. so it looks like the wiis purchased this month already include the new strap.

whoa. scary, good that Nintendo took it back. hopefully that won't happen to mine.

Ok, im officially very very lucky, i finally scored one, i was just walking by EB Games in the mall, and i saw the guys opening a cardboard box with some Wii, i couldnt believe it, i waited in line and i got the last of 4 they sent...

Now, i need to find more Wiimotes...