[OFFICIAL] Xbox Live Arcade Thread

No, hence me using "within" since it was less than 5 minutes :p

It shouldve been within 3 minutes then :D

Bummer arcade games are limited to 200g points - N+ is harder than most real games :/

Shouldve been 1000g points in my opinion..

14-4 in the single player mode was a pain. took me forever to beat. i actually ended up getting the achievement for dying 1000 times because of that level. :laugh:

:rofl: I'm not that far yet :p I'll soon see!!

So umm, any word on a N+ patch? :/

I cant progress as I have that save glitch

- and multiplayer lag is just awful at times :(

Not to mention multiplayer needs kick features and invites in a map - and the ability to change slots in the lobby/map (changing roles)

Has anyone tried out that Bliss Island?

I looked at it and thought it was going to be some cheap, stupid little game not worth 10 points, let alone 400, but the demo got me addicted, seriously thinking of buying it o_0

• 3 weeks later...

Hey i was wondering if anyone had an uno code they dont need or want??? i know how annoying this can be when people ask for free stuff so i apologize in advance but im poor and tossed mine out when i bought my live subscription thinking i wouldnt want it BUT i changed my mind and now feel dumb...so help a lady out ...anyone??? thanks ..i hope! :)

• 1 month later...

Content: Penny Arcade Episode 1

Price: 1600 Microsoft Points

Availability: Not available in Korea

Size: 165.67 MB

Dash Text: [ESRB: M (MATURE) MATURE HUMOR, BLOOD AND GORE, VIOLENCE, STRONG LANGUAGE] HD (High Definition). Want more crazy dialogue and outrageous enemies? Upgrade to the full version of On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One to see the mystery unfold and Gabe and Tycho banter in classic Penny Arcade style. Plus, there are leaderboard rankings and achievements to earn, so get started now! There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

majornelson.com

Just giving the heads up as Penny Arcade Episode 1 is out...for a whopping 1600MS Points!!

I played the trial and it's not too bad but no-where near worth 1600MS Points it is listed for. Is this the new trend for MS now since the XBLA file limit has gone up? I sure hope not.

I was realy dissapointed with the Penny Arcade Demo, the look was great, and faithfull to the comics, but its just played like a big bag of tedium. And, even as a big fan of the comics, I didn't find it very funny.

Shame realy, the humour and steam-punk setting mixed with a traditional turn based rpg/adventure game had a lot of potential. Should be great, but isn't. :(

What shouldn't be great, but is however, I discovered yesterday: is Assault Heroes.

Decided to try it out while waiting for Rock Band to show up and was realy pleasently surprised. Very fun indeed. Only 400 MS too! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Content: Penny Arcade Episode 1

Price: 1600 Microsoft Points

Availability: Not available in Korea

Size: 165.67 MB

Dash Text: [ESRB: M (MATURE) MATURE HUMOR, BLOOD AND GORE, VIOLENCE, STRONG LANGUAGE] HD (High Definition). Want more crazy dialogue and outrageous enemies? Upgrade to the full version of On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One to see the mystery unfold and Gabe and Tycho banter in classic Penny Arcade style. Plus, there are leaderboard rankings and achievements to earn, so get started now! There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

majornelson.com

Just giving the heads up as Penny Arcade Episode 1 is out...for a whopping 1600MS Points!!

I played the trial and it's not too bad but no-where near worth 1600MS Points it is listed for. Is this the new trend for MS now since the XBLA file limit has gone up? I sure hope not.

I quite liked it too, but the price put me off, especially as its episodic with, according to my mate who bought the PC version, 8 episodes each, and two seasons (sort of like sam n max) that would get very expensive very quickly, the same as Tomb Raider is going to be, I believe that is going to be episodic too.

Ahh, my mate must have got it wrong? is it 4 episodes each in 2 seasons making 8, or just 4 episodes and thats it?

Hey guys, I'm working toward getting 200/200 for all my XBLA games and was wondering if anyone wants to go achievement hunting with me... right now I just have 3 games I'm working toward:

Assault Heroes 2

Undertow

Aces of the Galaxy

If anyone wants to help, shoot me a PM or message me on Xbox Live... gamertag is Ayepecks. I'm mainly just wanting to do co-op on hard (and normal, in Aces of the Galaxy/Ultra on Undertow -- would like 3 others for that) on each.

• 3 weeks later...

Two games coming this week:

Another XBLA twofer: Schizoid and Golf: Tee It Up!

Posted Jul 7th 2008 12:30PM by Dustin Burg

Filed under: News, Xbox Live Arcade

Hey fanboys, we have some sploderific news to share! This week Microsoft is treating us to an Xbox Live Arcade twofer as Golf: Tee It Up! and the long awaited, highly anticipated and co-op friendly Schizoid make their release to the Arcade this Wednesday, July 9th. Huzzah!

For 800 Microsoft points, you can grab Torpex Games' Schizoid, a cooperative, explosive, color coded adventure featuring 120 levels of craziness, online co-op and an Uberschizoid mode where one player takes command of both ships. Yikes! We don't have to tell you that we're a tad bit excited to play Schizoid, so you can all but guarantee we'll be giving it a test drive this Wednesday and earning the coveted Sploderific achievement. Also releasing for 800 point this week is the cartoonified golfing game Golf: Tee It Up! where eighteen holes of online golfing competition with up to four players awaits. Unfashionable golf shorts not included. Check the screenshots below and drool over the Schizoid greatness.

Source X3F.com

Golf Tee It Up Screenshots

Schizoid Screenshots

• 2 weeks later...
Double update for Live Arcade tomorrow

News by Rob Purchese

Microsoft is preparing a double dose of Live Arcade games for tomorrow.

1942: Joint Strike we already knew about; the Capcom top-down shooter from the brains behind Commando 3. This is being brought up to date with 3D graphics and new music.

Go! Go! Break Steady, on the other hand, is a rhythm-puzzle game which looks rather charming. Break Steady is by indie team Little Boy Games in Canada, and casts you as a cartoony breakdancer who pulls off moves by matching button presses to beats. There are around 20 songs to work through, on your own or with and against friends, online and locally.

Both games will cost 800 Microsoft Points, or GBP 6.80 / EUR 9.60 in real money.

Look out for our thoughts on 1942: Joint Strike and Go! Go! Break Steady soon.

Source: Eurogamer

I got 1942. It's pretty fun, but fairly hard (IMO). The continues thing is stupid, and the bosses are just stupid as well.

I played the trial to that last night and found it slightly difficult but wasn't sure if its worth the points...is it worth it?