[OFFICIAL] Xbox Live Arcade Thread

Edit: nevermind, here's the lineup

July 22: Splosion Man? 800 Microsoft Points

July 29: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 1200 Microsoft Points

Aug 5: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?: Turtles in Time Re-shelled 1200 Microsoft Points

August 12: Trials HD 1200 Microsoft Points

August 19: Shadow Complex 1200 Microsoft Points

thanks for the info DM. Monkey Island's no coin op, though. that's a PC title through and through. looks like ESWAT and Crackdown for me, and you got me excited for COD1 - playing it all over again with achieves! yikes. Shadow Complex is a must have, i think, but the 1200 will hurt..care to gift some of those 6K my way?

Madballs in Babo Invasion is up on XBLA. As a huge fan of the original PC game, I highly, HIGHLY recommend you guys give this game a try. It offers you at least one single player mission (in addition to the boot camp mission aka training area) and allows you to play three (3) complete games online on ANY of the 21 maps that the game offers. You can play online in either normal multiplayer or the "avatar" mode where the enemies and yourself use your own avatars as the balls. Pretty slick stuff.

Also, the price for Babo Invasion was adjusted to 800 points. So it is NOT 1200 points anymore, just 800. It's a great buy for 800 let me tell you. 21 MP maps, a full 10 or so mission SP mode, and in Invasion mode for MP, you can create your own maps pretty much with the randomly generated maps, or pick and choose tiles to use for the maps and how to link them. Babo Invasion has a pretty sweet MP for an XBLA game. I just got done playing the trial and man I wish I had another 560 points to so I could buy it right now.

Also, Secret of Money Island is up, and that's also 800 points.

Because Street Fighter IV is a GFWL title, you can earn achievements on the pc and 360 seperately. Just like you can with Shadowrun, Fallout 3 and GTA4 etc.

No it's cuz I haxed Live! and stuff! :D

Playing GFWL games that have XBL counterparts is pretty much the only way I can make my gamerscore go up...since it's easier for me to play on the PC than a controller lol (except SF4, but it also runs much smoother and my timing is much better).

I love that these games have seperate (but the same) achievements heh. And with Shadowrun, certain achievements are tied directly into playing with both PC users and 360 users, I love that.

Splosion Man is by the devs who did The Maw first of all, and Splosion Man is getting terrific reviews itself. I haven't seen one bad review yet in fact. Perhaps the reason they switched them is because Splosion Man is a new IP type game and thus may get more coverage buy wise than an old (albiet updated) arcade game like TMNT 2? Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to trying to push quaters into my 360 to play TMNT 2 but Splosion Man hardly looks like crap :)

Splosion Man is by the devs who did The Maw first of all, and Splosion Man is getting terrific reviews itself. I haven't seen one bad review yet in fact. Perhaps the reason they switched them is because Splosion Man is a new IP type game and thus may get more coverage buy wise than an old (albiet updated) arcade game like TMNT 2? Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to trying to push quaters into my 360 to play TMNT 2 but Splosion Man hardly looks like crap :)

Point taken but I fail to see the marketing logic in swapping release dates that are so close together. If Splosion Man is good its going to sell just as well August 5th as it would July 22nd. Whats so wrong with releasing a couple games on the same date anyway? Do they think we're so easily confused as to not be able to make a choice?

No I think they are more concerned with the people who constantly complain about games costing 1200 or 1600 points. Why release two games the same day when they cost 1200 points (or is it 1600?) when they can release them on seperate days which LOOKS better to consumers (note, look, not is).

No I think they are more concerned with the people who constantly complain about games costing 1200 or 1600 points. Why release two games the same day when they cost 1200 points (or is it 1600?) when they can release them on seperate days which LOOKS better to consumers (note, look, not is).

Hmmm... Never been a problem for me. I'll buy what I want and ignore the rest. Either way, you're paying for what you want in the end.

* I think they're 1200 a pop.

• 2 weeks later...

Very surprised by Splosion Man. I had no interest in it at all but decide to give the demo a try anyway. It's damn simple fun (Y)

Tempted to buy.

Very surprised by Splosion Man. I had no interest in it at all but decide to give the demo a try anyway. It's damn simple fun (Y)

Tempted to buy.

I think you did :p

Haha yup, I am more than likely going to buy all of the Summer Arcade games. Not because of the rebate (I don't even think we'll get it), but I never knew what Trials HD was until I was checking out videos of Splosion Man. I used to play Trials 2 (or something very similar) on Miniclip all the time back in highschool. Very addictive game!

The only one I am uncertain about is Shadow Complex!

TMNT tomorrow! We've (Battlefield crew) already decided to play through on co-op together. Gonna be fun :D

TMNT is fantastic! I'm so glad they brought it back. It plays so much like the old one but looks great.

• 3 weeks later...

frugal? FRUGAL? brother say it the way it is, we're dead broke, i'm borderline destitute for honesty's sake, months of not working full time will do that to a man. hey but as my good friend used to say, there's always money for beer, smokes and GAMES. it's fifteen bucks, get it, a good game. now let me drown my sorrows in peace :beer:

• 4 weeks later...