[OFFICIAL] Xbox Live Arcade Thread

I'm not sure if I'm gonna buy Geometry Wars 2 or not :/ Kinda disappointed there is no online co-op, and there isn't really much new to warrant ?6.80 imo.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna buy Geometry Wars 2 or not :/ Kinda disappointed there is no online co-op, and there isn't really much new to warrant ?6.80 imo.

If I was still there I would give cakey a kick up the backside for you:pp, persoanlly I think it is just a rehash of the DS version (with the geoms etc) and deffo not worth the 7 quid:((

I played the trial to that last night and found it slightly difficult but wasn't sure if its worth the points...is it worth it?

It took me a while to get used to it, but I think it's a great game. I personally think it's worth it. If you liked the trial you'll like the whole thing. It's not too long, though, FYI. Once you get used to it it gets much more fun.

If I was still there I would give cakey a kick up the backside for you :p, persoanlly I think it is just a rehash of the DS version (with the geoms etc) and deffo not worth the 7 quid :(

Yeah that's why I'm quite hessitant to buy. I already own the original on the 360, the one included with PGR4 and Galaxies on the DS.

I have 300 MSP already on my account, so I only need another 500. Doesn't help that they offer only one game type to try in the trial.

Braid Hits Live Arcade This Week for $15

103.jpg

The time-manipulating platformer is ready to blow your mind this week.

By Chris Pereira, 08/04/2008

While it'll be damn near impossible to top last week's Xbox Live Arcade Wednesday, which saw the release of Geometry Wars 2, the Summer of Arcade rolls on with Braid this week. Developed by indie gaming company Number None Inc., this platforming game centers on the concept of time manipulation. Players receive only a single life, but they also have the ability to rewind and undo any mistakes they make.

The game's aesthetic style is sure to turn some away, but its designer, Jonathan Blow, isn't worried about Braid's inability to blow people away with screenshots. "Games are different from other art media because of their interactivity," Blow told 1UP back in February as part of an in-depth preview of the game. "So if a game is expressing something, and doing it well, then you shouldn't be able to understand that thing from screenshots, because the meat of the expression should come from the interactivity."

Braid will cost 1200 Microsoft points ($15) and will be available this Wednesday at 2 a.m. Pacific.

Source: 1UP

Wow, 1200 points for that? Does it come into RL and slow down time for you so you can make your days longer or something? What the heck? lol

Just played the demo of Braid and i thought it was average really. Its fun for awhile but gets boring really quickly.

What are MS thinking pricing this game at 1200 points? It isn't even worth 800 points IMO but that would be a better price instead they are turning people away.

I am quite worried for Bionic Commando rearmed and Castle Crashers as they would be targeted to the 1200 points.

I am totally against this and i am sure i am not alone. ALL XLBA games should be NO MORE than 800MS points and IMHO 600MS points is the most they should charge.

I brought SSHD from PSN for ?4.99 and i keep playing it over and over and it is a great game to boot.

MS are just getting extremely greedy now. What more do they want, they already suck money out of us with Gold Memberships.

• 2 weeks later...
How is Galaga guys? I already packed up my 360 for college.

It's pretty good and difficult like it should be (Y)

Back to college already? Ouch unlucky man.

Galaga is awesome, pity I don't have any points left (well not enough) to buy it :( Probably be a while before I get it :(

• 2 months later...
Content: Portal: Still Alive

Price: 1200 Microsoft Points

Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions

Dash Text: [ESRB: T (TEEN) BLOOD, MILD VIOLENCE] 5.1 Surround Sound, HD (High Definition). Winner of over 30 ‘Game of the Year’ awards, ‘Portal’ now comes to the Xbox LIVE Arcade! As unwilling test subjects in a sinister laboratory, players must break the laws of physics using ‘portal’ technology to solve puzzles and survive. Unlock the full game to experience the complete singleplayer story, gain access to all 14 new bonus maps, and get a glimpse behind the scenes with developer commentary! This game requires the Xbox 360 hard drive. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

MajorNelson.com

It was a while someone updated this, so just adding the latest.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is Portal: Still Alive the same version that is included with The Orange Box?

Yup, but it includes new content also.

Portal: Still Alive was announced as an exclusive Xbox Live Arcade game at the 2008 E3 convention, and was released on October 22, 2008,[44] and features the original game, new challenges, and new achievements.[45] The additional content was based on levels from the map pack "Portal: The Flash Version" created by We Create Stuff and contains no additional story-related levels.[46] According to Valve spokesman Doug Lombardi, Valve has been in discussion with Microsoft to bring Portal to Xbox Live Marketplace, but was limited by the amount of bandwidth that Microsoft is willing to allow for such content.[47] Portal: Still Alive was well received by reviewers,[48] with 1UP's Andrew Hayward stating that, with the easier access and lower cost than playing through The Orange Box, Portal is now "stronger than ever".[49]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_(video...al:_Still_Alive

Hmmm, would have been nice if they just released the extra maps for The Orange Box. I don't really feel like paying for something which, for the most part, I already own.

Arcade: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Content: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Price: 1200 Microsoft Points

Availability: Not available in Japan or Korea

Dash Text: [ESRB: T (TEEN) MILD BLOOD, MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES, VIOLENCE] Single Player, Xbox LIVE Multiplayer 1-2, Local Multiplayer 1-2, HD (High Definition). The original MMA series is back! Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix receives a whole new look while improving on the innovative fighting system of the original game. Updated with 1080p HD redrawn art and widescreen support, the game offers a unique experience that appeals to new fans and Street Fighter? purists alike. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/Live/accounts.

I am downloading the trial for now, until I get paid next week but does look friggin sweet:))

EDIT: Got it downloaded and fired up the demo only to see that it only has the option for local multiplayer for the demo...FAIL!!! I did however hook up another controller and the animations are nice a smooth and the hi-res graphics are really cool looking. Def. must buy for anyone that liked the origianls:))

Edited by SU-FI_RuLz

• 2 weeks later...

Free game this week

This week on Arcade: Dash of Destruction

The long journey for the Doritos promotion is finally over! The winning concept, Dash Of Destruction, will be available as a full arcade title this Wednesday. The best part is that is will be available for free.

Source: MN