Mac OS X 'Leopard'-related Discussion

I don't know that a Leopard thread deserves space here yet. We get the odd tidbit but its 99% gossip at this point. It seems we're probably not going to get much more than is already on the Apple site in the Leopard preview until Apple is ready to spill all the information.

There is a lot more information circulating, than just what is on Apple's site.

As for the black GUI, well, I'm kinda hoping it exists, and is good, but who knows. I do like this kind of it though.

web-inspector.png

Edited by The_Decryptor

Wow, that's pretty black :p

I don't think Apple would make an interface with that much dark and black.

The word illuminous is nice, but I can't wait to see first if it's true or not and if they managed to do a nice interface with black.. because I've never seen any yet... I am not sure if this is gonna be good...Maybe it just needs a theme color. Now there's blue, white black and gray are not counted, we really need something else... Or maybe it'd be nice to choose, not only between blue and graphite, but a custom color for the secondary objects of the interface.

I for one can't imagine they'll apply a HUD panel-styled theme throughout the system as a replacement for Aqua. A few years back Apple decided that transparency isn't the way to go, doubt they'll go back just because Microsoft made an attempt with Aero.

If anything we might go back to a more Mac OS 9's platinum-like interface: flatter, less glossy, easier on the eyes etc. Using todays standards of course. Which is basically what we see with iTunes 7.

Wow, that's pretty black :p

I don't think Apple would make an interface with that much dark and black.

It's from a WebKit nightly ;)

That's the inspector GUI, It's in iPhoto and such. It also makes an appearance in iChat 4.

It's possible the new rumored black GUI could be based on it, but I doubt it.

I don't believe that to be the GUI for Leopard, thats just the theme Apple Pro aplications use.

:yes:

I for one can't imagine they'll apply a HUD panel-styled theme throughout the system as a replacement for Aqua.

I didn't mean it as a "they should do this" statement, it was more showing they have have done black widgets before, and the result didn't suck (they do quite often, and it's annoying as i do like them when done properly)

np. It's only slightly dated because the author was almost positive ZFS wouldn't come to Mac OS X Leopard after reading about the initial beta release, which didn't include ZFS (at least not visibly).

27485_3322.png

Could someone explain to me what the advantages of a Zettabyte File System (ZFS) are over HFS+? I read an article a while back, but can't seem to find it anymore.

nm, found it! :)

http://arstechnica.com/staff/fatbits.ars/2006/8/15/4995

Awsome :woot: :cool: Would it be reasonable to assume Apple will let you install your system on ZFS? Or is this just for a "data" partition. Either way, with the FUSE and FreeBSD ports under way (and with significant progress), a Macbook Pro is appealing more and more to me everyday.

My bet is that ZFS will be the next default Mac OS filesystem as a full replacement for HSF+. But I have yet to read something official from Apple about it.

My bet is that ZFS will be the next default Mac OS filesystem as a full replacement for HSF+. But I have yet to read something official from Apple about it.

As of now it isn't.

DSC03347.JPG

I donno where it came from. :whistle:

I sort of hope I don't see the rumored new UI before Apple unveils it themselves. It'd be nice not to be someone who doesn't know things from leaks, for once :p It actually gets sort of annoying, it takes the surprise out of everything. It's like telling someone what their best friend got you for your birthday. But I want to see it so much, if it exists.