Puzzle Box 2

ORPH...the quote says "stairs...step right UP"....that square is not a FULL SQUARE...just half of it...meaning its a STAIR!!!.....allllllllllll the way in the very very upper left hand corner...there is something CLICKABLE....just nothing seen there!!...

Someone please try it.....!!! i saved the pic trying to zoom in....dont see much..except some rectangular outline....perhaps like a "platform" to vanish.............

LETS WORK ON THIS TOGETHER>>> :)

Mine does not! I have included a screen shot to prove it's "step up" on mine, if it's different on yours that is interesting! I also have the clickable area to the top left but nothing happens.

post-196150-1169135182.jpg

Edited by Orph

OK CHECK THIS OUT. YOU GUYS HAVE GREAT IDEAS....it can all be relevant.

Has anyone checked about that "very very upper left corner" which is clickable?????

It DOES say STEP UP....i just jumped ahead and assumed (based on that half-square in image) that its a STAIR...to step up somewhere you need some sort of a stair! :) .....All our quotes on the site are the same, ORPH, lol....

BUT LETS DIG THIS DEEPER...im POSITIVE its got a lead...no one has picked this apart yet.....and its there for a REASON!

Also I zoomed in on the page by right clicking on the screen, I noticed the top left corner is slighty darker in colour and appears to be a text box (a mouse text icon appears)

OK CHECK THIS OUT. YOU GUYS HAVE GREAT IDEAS....it can all be relevant.

Has anyone checked about that "very very upper left corner" which is clickable?????

It DOES say STEP UP....i just jumped ahead and assumed (based on that half-square in image) that its a STAIR...to step up somewhere you need some sort of a stair! :) .....All our quotes on the site are the same, ORPH, lol....

BUT LETS DIG THIS DEEPER...im POSITIVE its got a lead...no one has picked this apart yet.....and its there for a REASON!

on my linux system its not clickable, but its probably something to do with config. because none of the cards flip as well.

eXCEllent, ORPH...now all that has to be done is to figure out that friggin book......see the revelance of it....and....FIND THE VANISHING POINT :) ...yahtzie! lol

Hmm are you sure, I just saw this on mine, is yours the same lol

post-196150-1169136241.jpg

P.S just having some fun.. now back to work!

LOL......obviously you hve a lot of time on your hands, buddy...LOL

I've got a contract to compose here :( .....sonova....lol......Well i'll be checking in...

Look into that whole BOOK thing!!!

Also I zoomed in on the page by right clicking on the screen, I noticed the top left corner is slighty darker in colour and appears to be a text box (a mouse text icon appears)

Just to alter slightly what I mentioned earlier (above), a clickable area does exist in the top left corner, however next to that is a text box which has a very small width of like 15 pixels or the like

EDIT: the text box actually continues across the screen on the blue bar, don't know why I didn't notice before, i will post again with screen shot and info!

Edited by Orph

Just to alter slightly what I mentioned earlier (above), a clickable area does exist in the top left corner, however next to that is a text box which has a very small width of like 15 pixels or the like

WHERE EXACTLY????? can you screen shoot???

It's typical in a movie file to have the concept of a 'master frame', then deltas (transifions from the master). It's been several years since I used to parse these files with my home grown analyzer in java as I used to know the formats much better than i do now. However, i would suspect each of those is a master frame and thats why movie maker is doing its splits at those points.

typically there is metadata to be found at various points in a movie file as well. of course I was always more interested in frame rate parameters, etc You can tell what type of movie file you are playing under the hood by looking at the first 4 bytes of the file. There is a standard that people are trying to push FOURCC, but not everyone complies, so thats not a hard rule. That link will take you to the group that is attempting to push a standard.

Now this might be of interest. Most video players will drop frames to keep up with an appearance of 'real time' display. If you have slower hardware, it may take longer to render pieces of the video, so in the time that the render takes, the internal video player control will do something like

Oops, I'm out of sync. I need to drop the next X frames, so my user won't realize i'm too slow

Normally the stuff that gets dropped isn't visible to the naked eye. But if you are interested in the full video, you can't always rely on an out of the box player. I ended up writing my own driver for xine to not drop pieces of the video.

Going back to the videos, there is something troubling me. Please let me know if this is just something I don't understand about Windows Movie Maker though.

If you open Windows Movie Maker and do File->Import Into Collections for each video, the collection automatically splits at various places. There is no obvious reason for the splits, other than that some tie to clues we've already seen/used. Some hint at things we've been chasing, but this may be confirmation that there is something there.

hearthechallenge:

0:00.00-0:17.00 Ends with shot of doorhandle

0:51.33-1:06.40 ends with "if I hire you"

1:06.40-1:12.33 "and I say 'hey, give me the job and I'll even give you your watch back.'"

1:12.33-1:19.47 end video, showing "/collectionplate" Interesting that there is extra black space at end?

A lot there.... Please give thoughts.

WHERE EXACTLY????? can you screen shoot???

here ya go, image is low quality to help reduce size.. i made a mistake about it being only 15 pixels wide, it actually extends across sceen and I don't know why I didn't notice that.

post-196150-1169137664_thumb.jpg

NEW INFO!!

SAME story on Puzzle Box 1....same clickable area....hmm..do you think this is a simple website creator's glitch? He / she intended to put some links there but did not ??? There's another affiliation with STEPS (STAIRS) ON the main PUZZLE one page....There is a straight "straight line" ..which may be a part of the stairs....cutting through the smoke....i had it before, cant spot it now, :( ...lol

found another text box in box 1, in the smoke. I'm not sure if they mean anything at all or are just part of the contruction/gliches of the flash file?

screenhot time...

post-196150-1169138275.jpg

I wont be up too much longer, gotta get some rest, it's nearly 2am here in Western Australia but i'll stick around for slightly longer maybe, see what people post

found another text box in box 1, in the smoke. I'm not sure if they mean anything at all or are just part of the contruction/gliches of the flash file?

screenhot time...

post-196150-1169138275.jpg

I wont be up too much longer, gotta get some rest, it's nearly 2am here in Western Australia but i'll stick around for slightly longer maybe, see what people post

if you copy and paste those into word or note pad it says solved or unsolved depending on the status of the puzzle

if you copy and paste those into word or note pad it says solved or unsolved depending on the status of the puzzle

Also the text box and clickable area at the top of the pages is where "OTHER" appears when an incorrect answer is submitted, maybe the flash file uses an anchor (HTML link without a destination) there to change the image from a simple blue bar to the word "OTHER"

there is another "square" in box 1, directly below the watch at the bottom of the page, it's a darker square in the middle of the smoke, again only 2 sides can be seen and could be depicted as possibly a stair..

post-196150-1169139314.jpg

there is another "square" in box 1, directly below the watch at the bottom of the page, it's a darker square in the middle of the smoke, again only 2 sides can be seen and could be depicted as possibly a stair..

post-196150-1169139314.jpg

Most likely this comes from the process of designing the page, and results from putting an image on the page which were just "pasted" there.

On the subject of "Step Right Up", the red ladder is displayed prominently in the videos. In fact, it is often centered in fram while Loki is offcenter. In the loki_time video you can see the top of the ladder a couple times. Something to do with the number of steps? The top? Nothing? Argh!

FYI, the image with Loki in the crystal ball doesn't have a box on it, this is an overlapping of two files

it does look like there is a perfect square that is slightly faded all the way round into the lower corner

Don't believe me?:

...then lower the quality of flash and you will see the box shift to the right slightly

so its not part of the image but still could be important if you like

post-195821-1169140096_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jacki Boi

FYI, the image with Loki in the crystal ball doesn't have a box on it, this is an overlapping of two files

it does look like there is a perfect square that is slightly faded all the way round into the lower corner

Don't believe me?:

...then lower the quality of flash and you will see the box shift to the right slightly

so its not part of the image but still could be important if you like

I lowered the quality in firefox and nothing moved at all!I know we are talking a matter of pixels here, so I made sure I was zoomed right in and still nothing, nutha, zilch, zero movement. I also had a theory that the square actually does have 4 sides but two of them have been overlayed with smoke and blurred just outside the globe

CHECK THIS OUT!............look at the MAIN PAGE of the game....and what she says...(refer to the image below)

ISNT THAT A COINKIDINKY????

WE GOTTA DECIPHER THAT GLOBE......!!!!

ALSO....

Someone named "Lokivanishes" on this site posted :

Well, I don't normally do this, but since you guys were first on the scene, here's a cypher key for you. Impressive job!

More to come....but not delivered like this. Keep your eyes on the Post.

Good luck!

~L

Notice the KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE POST!! ....the word Post is capitalized....why? you only capitalize something if you're fererring to something in particular....perhaps a newspaper? here in NY we have NY Post...Washington Post...there's a mill. of Posts! ..........

Also, "More to come, but not delivered like this>"......the GLOBE on main page is not "to come"...because its already there!!!!!! .......SHES PLAYING MIND GAMES!....

sO? WHAT U THINK?????

Enthusiasm is great, but man D-Cipher, you are excitable!

mY WORK IS boring....so i need to find SOMETHING that excites me....

post-196755-1169141650_thumb.jpg

Notice the KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE POST!! ....the word Post is capitalized....why? you only capitalize something if you're fererring to something in particular....perhaps a newspaper? here in NY we have NY Post...Washington Post...there's a mill. of Posts! ..........

Wow man, what the heck are you smoking today ????

That's a very early message during the pregame, when she says "Post" and "not delivered like this"

she refers to the fact that several folks (mostly bloggers and such) got a puzzle box with a

cipher via the postal service.

Anyway I'll take a closer look at the images, but man stop smoking or share !!!

Cheers

I just had another thought, and again sorry if this has been said...I'm through 55 of 79 pages. Do you guys think there might be something to the order that the white boxes are clicked? Like we should be paying attention and maybe you can't click the white box on puzzle 18 until the one on 20 is clicked? Bad example because I don't honestly know if both 18 and 20 have white boxes. I'm just wondering if this might be one reason for all the problems people have had getting all 18 boxes to register on /collectionplate.