Puzzle Box 2

Been reading the forum for a week... first time posting.

I have a widescreen laptop. When I go to http://assets.vanishingpointgame.com/week01.swf, I see a spinning gear off to the right (looks like the hourglass puzzle gear), too far out of frame to see when you go from the main page. The more interesting thing is that the gear is not spinning correctly. The inside rotates clockwise, while the sprockets "pulse" right, then go back to their "start", and repeat.

So I looked at the puzzle gears. The Airport and Hourglass gears are rotating strangely as well. All of the others spin normally.

Nothing strange in week02.swf.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

This is commonly found in flash files. Usually if you're just tinkering around and have an object or something that you don't want to delete, but may want to keep for later so you can copy or it whatever you want to do, you just drag it off of the visible area of the flash file. However, when people directly view the flash files in a browser, it will show them everything, even if it's outside of the visible area.

I'd say it's just something that they forgot to delete rather than anything significant.

This is commonly found in flash files. Usually if you're just tinkering around and have an object or something that you don't want to delete, but may want to keep for later so you can copy or it whatever you want to do, you just drag it off of the visible area of the flash file. However, when people directly view the flash files in a browser, it will show them everything, even if it's outside of the visible area.

I'd say it's just something that they forgot to delete rather than anything significant.

That's true, but these guys have been VERY careful with how things are set up in the game. Both an incorrectly spinning gear and the extra one off screen seem suspicious to me.

OK I think I got it regarding the gesture with her glasses, she is giving directions !!!

The gesture is not something casual and to me really looks as part of the script .

As you know I've been talking about this for a couple of days and posted about it several times.

Being a persistent person I reviewed all the videos again and again today, from the first one in the hotel,

the Belagio event and the two videos we got after solving the puzzles. In ALL of them she does it !!

and why the loki.jpg picture in the vpg server shows her doing exactly that particular gesture.

Look again at the videos and listen carefully the word she is saying when she does the gesture, if I take the

videos in chronological order the message is "RIGHT-UP-RIGHT-DOWN", is the message complete ?

probably not and I don't think is directly related to the puzzles we already solved, they may be clues to

solve something that is coming or part of deciphering her identity and the meta puzzle.

Please double check and tell me what do you think.

Cheers

That's true, but these guys have been VERY careful with how things are set up in the game. Both an incorrectly spinning gear and the extra one off screen seem suspicious to me.

Clever, but all too human. They've had to, on several occasions, go back and change things such as spelling (Australia, Singapore, etc).

Sure, we need to keep an eye on things, but some things will simply be human error.

Not too "VERY", last night one of the scripts was not working due a programming error,

and if you look at the flash files of the gear the solution about how to position the

gears is right in front of your eyes.

Plus what agentleman pointed out, on Loki's bio the reference to the "pi" number was incorrectly rounded,

and on the hand watches puzzle the clocks hands showing the seconds were not "synchronized"...

so expect some bugs and snafus... in the worst case you have to install windows again or reboot three

thousand times until it works ... :-)

There are other few things but they may lead to "tampering" with the game ...

OK I think I got it regarding the gesture with her glasses, she is giving directions !!!

The gesture is not something casual and to me really looks as part of the script .

As you know I've been talking about this for a couple of days and posted about it several times.

Being a persistent person I reviewed all the videos again and again today, from the first one in the hotel,

the Belagio event and the two videos we got after solving the puzzles. In ALL of them she does it !!

and why the loki.jpg picture in the vpg server shows her doing exactly that particular gesture.

Look again at the videos and listen carefully the word she is saying when she does the gesture, if I take the

videos in chronological order the message is "RIGHT-UP-RIGHT-DOWN", is the message complete ?

probably not and I don't think is directly related to the puzzles we already solved, they may be clues to

solve something that is coming or part of deciphering her identity and the meta puzzle.

Please double check and tell me what do you think.

Cheers

Right, I looked Up the videos and was surprised that you were Right in what you wrote Down. Funny that we seemed to remember the Right more than the two other words associated with her pulling down her glasses. Good observation!

Now if we only knew what it meant...

Edited by agentleman

Right, I looked Up the videos and was surprised that you were Right in what you wrote Down. Funny that we seemed to remember the Right more than the two other words associated with her pulling down her glasses. Good observation!

Now if we only knew what it meant...

I don't believe the message is complete yet, but is something to keep in mind, what

really trip me is that I was browsing in youtube for clues and found a video

different from the one posted on the vpg site, it shows the whole event, and watching

it again I noticed the glasses and clearly hear the "UP".

There is another video (don't have the link now) from Fox News showing how five

planes flying in parallel performed the dot matrix stunt for the aerial clues.

And I'm still convinced that there are more clues in the videos and I'm departing

from digging more into the flash files, don't believe there is anything else there.

Cheers

Ok one more Clue that i may think this will help us.

take a llok at this two pictures i was able to take the screen shots when i clicked at box 3 and box 4.

The words that we have to look for is "eo el disa 1 r..." i am not sure if it's a l or 1 if anyone can figure this out let us know. Thanks

FIRST PICTURE: First occurance is an "L" second is a number "1"

The meaning of a VANISHING POINT is when something is becoming more and more distant from you. When you look at a straight sttreet that you're standing on...and its veryyyyyyyyy long...at some point it will disappear out of your sight. This is VANISHING POINT.....this is ALSO called "The HORIZON"...........any thoughts?

www.w3.org

Type in www.vanishingpointgame.com/on_the_run and on that page, right click and click "View Source"

The website (above) is a part of the "source"...CHECK OUT WHAT THE "SOURCE" SAYS!!!

LINK IN FIRST LINE OF THE "SOURCE"

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd

KINDA INTERESTING

that is the same for most webpages not just these.

I have just found out that PILOT, a pen company, has a special brand of pens....yup...Vanishing Point

OK your comments are getting rather silly. Either contribute something worthwhile or stop spamming with all of your nonsense.

This is an image of a CONSTRUCTION of a Vanishing Point!

OK your comments are getting rather silly. Either contribute something worthwhile or stop spamming with all of your nonsense.

As far as I am concerned...every tip is useful. No one else is doing anything about it.....so any discussion is a good discussion...remember this is a PUZZLE. If you're so smart, throw something in to work with :) if not....read quietly and thats all....in a puzzle you dont sometimes know what exactly is witty or what isnt...

This is an image of a CONSTRUCTION of a Vanishing Point!

As far as I am concerned...every tip is useful. No one else is doing anything about it.....so any discussion is a good discussion...remember this is a PUZZLE. If you're so smart, throw something in to work with :) if not....read quietly and thats all....in a puzzle you dont sometimes know what exactly is witty or what isnt...

Look I am not trying to be a dick but so far you have talked about condoms, lesbians, construction, and pens. I am all for trying to find more clues but you are manufacturing connections where there are none.

Look I am not trying to be a dick but so far you have talked about condoms, lesbians, construction, and pens. I am all for trying to find more clues but you are manufacturing connections where there are none.

Maybe you have to put the Pen in the Condom?

See this

those are just little squares for "artistic effect" my gosh you guys are reading so much into a vista launch that it is becoming almost scary.

I was thinking it might be more like a capital gains tax. Which is roughly 15%. So yeah, that would be most of the 50k spent on taxes.

Yeah...your probably right...didn't think of it that way....makes more sense! Still want to win it though!!!!

Has anyone taken a close up on the fire extinguisher that's on the wall in the 2 post box videos? It's white and appears to have a lot of writing on it. I've never seen a white fire extinguisher.

I too don't understand why there's a label on the exit door.

I really like confusio's discovery of the directions with the glasses. Good job.

I'm guessing that Loke vanishes at the Seattle event at Gas Works park. If any of you are in the area, they're planning a big celebration(over 21) and if you've ever been to a MS party - you wont want to miss it. Just get there early to find parking!!

Glad someone said it. This is getting pretty old.